Alabama Counties Stop Issuing Marriage Licenses

That's one version. Another is when everyone doesn't...

...there's no Utopia...
That's correct, but there is equal before the law. A liberal, therefore an American, ideal...

Using the law to force equality on everyone is synonymous with Communism. If you want to bugger your brother, go ahead. But don't try to force my church to honor your faggotry.
They don't, and I don't either...

Bullshit. So what's going to happen if for example I was the pastor of a church which actually followed the word of God, and refused to perform a gay wedding?

How about if I owned a bakery and refused to make a cake for one, because of my deeply-held Christian belief that homosexuality is a sin?

How about if I owned a bakery and refused to make a cake for an interracial couple because of my deeply held Christian belief that race mixing is a sin?

California is doing FAR better than Alabama...{SPOILER ALERT} California is 4th while Alabama...46th. (Wah wah...)

State Economy Rankings
LOL.
California=worst run state in the Union.
Best- and worst-run states Survey of all 50

Typical you cannot get metrics right. You can't figure out Tab A belongs in Slot B.

Silly Rabbi...gay marriage must have you thrown off your game, man. Your link was from 2013, mine from 2015.
You understand that does not refute what I wrote, right?

You understand you posted a link that was older than mine. Your link is no longer valid, mine "trumps" yours.
OK so the answer to my question is "No" you do not understand you failed to refute what I wrote.

Your link didn't refute mine. Mine, being much more recent, certainly trumps yours. Economically, Alabama is doing far worse than California.

Then you would be wrong.

Faiths Allowing Same-Sex Marriages
  • United Church of Christ: The United Church of Christ was the first mainstream Christian church to fully support same-sex marriage and perform marriage ceremonies.
  • Jewish: Reform Judaism embraces same-sex marriage and rabbis can perform ceremonies. Some conservative and re-constructionist synagogues do as well.
  • Quaker: The willingness to perform gay marriages varies by meetinghouse, but there is some acceptance and performance of same-sex marriages among Quakers.
  • Metropolitan Community Church
  • Unitarian Universalist
  • Unity Church

Faiths Allowing Limited Same-Sex Marriage
  • Episcopal: In the Episcopal Church, priests are authorized to bless same-sex wedding ceremonies but not declare the marriage official or sign the marriage license. Certain dioceses can perform full marriage ceremonies.
  • Lutheran: Lutheran churches can decide, on a church-by-church basis, whether or not to perform same-sex marriage.
Faiths Disallowing Same-Sex Marriages
  • Baptists: Southern Baptist and Conservative Baptist churches will not conduct same-sex marriages, nor will they allow them to be held in their churches. Some American Baptist churches are open and inclusive.
  • Methodist
  • Catholic
  • Presbyterian (some will bless ceremonies)
Then there's that pesky first amendment that gives ALL Americans the right to choose their own faith. Which means that no one can legally force another American to follow a faith they don't want to follow.

While I'm not christian I am very spiritual and have a religious path. My religion/faith has no problem with gays getting married. In fact we have a problem with denying gays the right to get married.

You have no right to tell people how to live their lives. Gays have been legally getting married in Massachusetts since 2004. They've been legally getting married in my state since 2012. I'm still waiting for a heterosexual couple to tell all of us how gays getting married for over a decade in that state has harmed their marriage.

No one is forcing anyone to marry someone of the same sex.

However you are forcing homosexuals to not have the same constitutional rights as heterosexuals. Which is clearly unconstitutional. You want to force everyone in America to follow your form of religion. Which is unconstitutional.

So if you really cared about a person's faith you would stop disrespecting everyone who isn't the same faith as you.

Guess what? We have the same rights to our faith as you do.

Then those specific churches would be wrong because they are preaching false doctrine. They might as well burn their bibles and turn their buildings into whorehouses.
Your opinion (which is not doctrine).

So you also conclude that Paul's writings in the book of Romans concerning homosexuality, are "opinions" and not doctrine? Have you even read the Bible?
Yes, I do and yes, I've read your bible.
I am not, nor ever have been a Christian. I respect your right to believe what you will. That doesn't mean I accept your beliefs.
See the issue is that while you dont agree with him you also dont accept that he has a right to those beliefs.
You can't read very well, can you?
I clearly stated that I Do respect his right to believe what he will.

Wait till the first military couple in Alabama finds out they have to be married for spousal benefits to kick in, and Alabama won't give them a marriage license.
Contract law in Alabama is still viable and legal.

"Pike County officials haven’t issued marriage licenses in months, and today Probate Judge Wes Allen announced that his office is now permanently out of the marriage business.

“My office discontinued issuing marriage licenses in February and I have no plans to put Pike County back into the marriage business,” Allen wrote in a statement. “The policy of my office regarding marriage is no different today than it was yesterday.”

Apparently the law says they MAY issue marriage licenses, not that they must.

Two counties out of marriage business for good after Supreme Court ruling AL.com

A little bit of history repeating itself...

19570904_Elizabeth_Eckford_at_Little_Rock.jpg

How are you equating a municipality refusing to compromise their faith, with a bunch of 1960's Democrats refusing African-Americans from attending which school they want, from eating at a lunch counter, or from sitting in the front of the bus?

Last I heard, same-sex couples have and have always had those rights.

Are we trying to be a little dramatic or over the top here? You're not doing a good job of convincing me of your position.

And you know those are Democrats how?

...there's no Utopia...
That's correct, but there is equal before the law. A liberal, therefore an American, ideal...

Using the law to force equality on everyone is synonymous with Communism. If you want to bugger your brother, go ahead. But don't try to force my church to honor your faggotry.
They don't, and I don't either...

Bullshit. So what's going to happen if for example I was the pastor of a church which actually followed the word of God, and refused to perform a gay wedding?

How about if I owned a bakery and refused to make a cake for one, because of my deeply-held Christian belief that homosexuality is a sin?

How about if I owned a bakery and refused to make a cake for an interracial couple because of my deeply held Christian belief that race mixing is a sin?
That would be fine. Why would an interracial couple want to support a bigot and give him money?

LOL.
California=worst run state in the Union.
Best- and worst-run states Survey of all 50

Typical you cannot get metrics right. You can't figure out Tab A belongs in Slot B.

Silly Rabbi...gay marriage must have you thrown off your game, man. Your link was from 2013, mine from 2015.
You understand that does not refute what I wrote, right?

You understand you posted a link that was older than mine. Your link is no longer valid, mine "trumps" yours.
OK so the answer to my question is "No" you do not understand you failed to refute what I wrote.

Your link didn't refute mine. Mine, being much more recent, certainly trumps yours. Economically, Alabama is doing far worse than California.
You still don't get it.

Then those specific churches would be wrong because they are preaching false doctrine. They might as well burn their bibles and turn their buildings into whorehouses.

So you also conclude that Paul's writings in the book of Romans concerning homosexuality, are "opinions" and not doctrine? Have you even read the Bible?
I am not, nor ever have been a Christian. I respect your right to believe what you will. That doesn't mean I accept your beliefs.
See the issue is that while you dont agree with him you also dont accept that he has a right to those beliefs.
Are you OK with a baker refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding?

"Pike County officials haven’t issued marriage licenses in months, and today Probate Judge Wes Allen announced that his office is now permanently out of the marriage business.

“My office discontinued issuing marriage licenses in February and I have no plans to put Pike County back into the marriage business,” Allen wrote in a statement. “The policy of my office regarding marriage is no different today than it was yesterday.”

Two counties out of marriage business for good after Supreme Court ruling AL.com

How are you equating a municipality refusing to compromise their faith, with a bunch of 1960's Democrats refusing African-Americans from attending which school they want, from eating at a lunch counter, or from sitting in the front of the bus?

Are we trying to be a little dramatic or over the top here? You're not doing a good job of convincing me of your position.

Were you even alive back then? The Democratic party was the party of the KKK, Jim Crow, and the anti-civil rights movement.

Of course, they've become a little more refined since then. Now they just enslave minorities with taxpayer-funded entitlements and keep them in ghettos, so they can keep track of them.

There are even so-called "race pimps" such as Jessee Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Barack Obama. They based their entire careers on reinforcing the stereotype of black people as "victims".

Don't get out much, do you?

No more than I would be OK with a business refusing to serve someone on racial grounds.
When you open a business to the public, you are open to The Public.

Were you even alive back then? The Democratic party was the party of the KKK, Jim Crow, and the anti-civil rights movement.

Of course, they've become a little more refined since then. Now they just enslave minorities with taxpayer-funded entitlements and keep them in ghettos, so they can keep track of them.

There are even so-called "race pimps" such as Jessee Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Barack Obama. They based their entire careers on reinforcing the stereotype of black people as "victims".

Yay for you!
Let's all go back 50 years and pretend it's today...

Great idea...

Simply stop issuing Marriage Licenses all together... Let the Church which marries people issue the document which designates them as married and only recognize those people as married.

LOVE IT!

Well marriage is after all, defined as a holy bond between one man and one woman. There is no Biblical church that I know of, that could honestly say it's adhering to God's word by attempting to marry a same-sex couple.

Any so-called "church" that sanctioned that, would be defying God.

There ARE religions that have no problem with same-sex marriage. So I guess you have no problem with them sanctioning marriages?

Oh of course not. Because in their doing so, a case can be made that would lead to stripping those respective cults of any sense that they represent religion.

Great point.

Let the games begin!

Yea I was alive back then. I was a Kennedy Democrat who supported the civil rights movement. Not a conservative who supported Jim Crow laws, racial segregation or participated in lynchings.

Liberals did not belong to the KKK...that is the sole property of conservatives from both parties.

What the pin heads can't understand, even if alabama stopped all marriages , people who get married outside of alabama and move back in are married in the eyes of the law

Yay for you!
Let's all go back 50 years and pretend it's today...

ROFLMNAO! You can NOT hide the Relativist! They simply cannot shut up long enough to hide.

LOL! Which of course makes them easy to spot and so readily available to belittle, besmirch and humiliate.

It's great fun... and I think everyone needs to try it.

No more than I would be OK with a business refusing to serve someone on racial grounds.
When you open a business to the public, you are open to The Public.

No similarity at all. You're equating homosexuality with raceThe U.S. Constitution offers certain rights and protections based on race and sex. For example, no establishment can legally refuse service to a black person.

Yea I was alive back then. I was a Kennedy Democrat who supported the civil rights movement. Not a conservative who supported Jim Crow laws, racial segregation or participated in lynchings.

Liberals did not belong to the KKK...that is the sole property of conservatives from both parties.

Kennedy would be ashamed of what Democrats have become now. After all, he was the last true Democrat.

He also detested Communism with a passion, you know. He also believed that giving tax breaks to corporations helped the middle class. Where do you think "Trickle Down" came from, Reagan?

What the pin heads can't understand, even if alabama stopped all marriages , people who get married outside of alabama and move back in are married in the eyes of the law

In the eyes of the law, but not God. Big difference.

I've always wondered why it is you need a license to get married in the first place?

You don't. Gays were marrying for decades without one. However, the marriage license comes with rights, benefits and privileges.

Still confusing rights with privileges, I see.

And once again, it's all about the money.

Nope...there are benefits and privileges associated with the fundamental right to marry. You're free to take them all away if you'd like, but the fundamental right for gays to marry would remain, we'd still get civilly married and you'd still shake your fist at the clouds about it.

Forum List

Back