Alabama lawmakers pass chemical castration for sex offenders bill

Alabama passes bill requiring chemical castration for certain child molesters

I hope it gets signed into law. Hopefully both sides on USMB will be in favor of this legislation
So like, they get chemically castrated but also go to prison or just chemically castrated?

The castration is after prison for parole I believe. No castration, no parole.
For extreme cases or especially young kids, I am all for it. Both seems like a harsh punishment for more mild cases.

In

I hope it gets signed into law. Hopefully both sides on USMB will be in favor of this legislation
So like, they get chemically castrated but also go to prison or just chemically castrated?

For extreme cases or especially young kids, I am all for it. Both seems like a harsh punishment for more mild cases.
Involving cases of children under 13.

In

Involving cases of children under 13.
That sounds fair.

Lol holy Crap, stuff we have been saying for decades might come true?

AL lawmakers pass chemical castration for sex offenders bill

A bill that will require the chemical castration of sex offenders in Alabama is in its final stages — it was delivered May 31 to the governor to be signed.

In the process of chemical castration, a person is given an injection or pills to significantly reduce libido.

The bill affects criminals who commit sex crimes against children age 13 and younger, requiring they undergo the process before they are released from prison. It will be a mandatory parole requirement.

I still say dump them all on a desert island with enough supplies for 50% of them...let Lord of the Flies take over.

I'm surprised that a lib would take such a hard line against paedophilia, after the Left voted unanimously a few years ago against banning convicted child molesters from receiving Free ED prescriptions.

A bill that will require the chemical castration of sex offenders in Alabama is in its final stages — it was delivered May 31 to the governor to be signed.

In the process of chemical castration, a person is given an injection or pills to significantly reduce libido.

The bill affects criminals who commit sex crimes against children age 13 and younger, requiring they undergo the process before they are released from prison. It will be a mandatory parole requirement.
He's 15, totally inexperienced and low iq. She's 13 and has had sex with 50 guys. She hates this kid's brother, and wants to even the score. I'm not seeing justice here.

Remember, for every "criminal" in jail, only 84% did the crime. Yep. With a 16% incarceration rate of people who were framed for incendiary crimes, is Alabama willing to take the risk of castrating an innocent man? Quite often, the "witness" who saw the crime is the perpetrator. His testimony puts someone he is either a rival to or just plain doesn't care, in the slammer, under the hammer, or even on death row.

OTOH, 84 out of 100 are in there rightfully. But 16% taking punishment for something they didn't do, that's a pretty high rate. And sometimes, young girls tell fibbies and don't report themselves in for 3-20 years to never. Once they realize their lies have consequences, and they want to make something right, it just isn't fitting to take away from innocent people their right to pursue happiness. I hope that this will be backed up by solid evidence there was a crime. And even semen can be taken where semen never spilt.

This will be a difficult law, but if the people of Alabama have a real problem with multiple rapes, it's their prerogative to pass such a law. Because the next step up from rape is rape with murder to kill the witness to a crime.

He's 15, totally inexperienced and low iq. She's 13 and has had sex with 50 guys. She hates this kid's brother, and wants to even the score. I'm not seeing justice here.

Remember, for every "criminal" in jail, only 84% did the crime. Yep. With a 16% incarceration rate of people who were framed for incendiary crimes, is Alabama willing to take the risk of castrating an innocent man? Quite often, the "witness" who saw the crime is the perpetrator. His testimony puts someone he is either a rival to or just plain doesn't care, in the slammer, under the hammer, or even on death row.

OTOH, 84 out of 100 are in there rightfully. But 16% taking punishment for something they didn't do, that's a pretty high rate. And sometimes, young girls tell fibbies and don't report themselves in for 3-20 years to never. Once they realize their lies have consequences, and they want to make something right, it just isn't fitting to take away from innocent people their right to pursue happiness. I hope that this will be backed up by solid evidence there was a crime. And even semen can be taken where semen never spilt.

This will be a difficult law, but if the people of Alabama have a real problem with multiple rapes, it's their prerogative to pass such a law. Because the next step up from rape is rape with murder to kill the witness to a crime.

You neglected to provide a source/link for 16% of cons being innocent. Did ya make it up?

And as for your example of a 15 and 13 year old having sex- can you find a single instance where a 15 year old minor is convicted of child molestation for having sex with a 13 year old slut?

It will never pass the Supreme's it has already been deemed as cruel and unusual punishment unless it is voluntary.

It will never pass the Supreme's it has already been deemed as cruel and unusual punishment unless it is voluntary.

Yet, we give androgen suppression to little boys for merely saying " I am a girl", figuring that they want to transition.

I can't see this as a problem to give to grown men who have committed serious crimes.

Forum List

Back