Alan Simpson Calls GOP Refusal To Raise Revenue ‘Absolute Bullshit’

you dont increase tax revenue by raising taxes, you increase revenue by creating more taxpayers. over 50% of americans dont pay taxes.
There were about 25% not paying income taxes before Bush's tax cuts, which doubled non-payers, but the same people who bitch about the non-payers want the Bush tax cuts made permanent!!!! :cuckoo: Obviously they want to permanently whine about non-payers.

Also if you make non-payers pay taxes you are raising taxes, which the same crybabies are completely against. :cuckoo: As I have so often shown, CON$ are always on both sides of every issue.

right, but just the revenue aspect of it is increased when taxes are low, but spread among a wider population, also the economy grows and unemployment is low when taxes are low but wide...theres a new phrase for you. "low and wide taxes" :)

Lower taxes creats more jobs. which in the end creates more revenue. How many poor people hire people to work for them?
Every person I've ever worked for swore up and down, left and right that they were poor. Even more so at raise time.

We've had lower taxes from the Bush tax cuts for 11 years, so where are all the jobs???

you dont increase tax revenue by raising taxes, you increase revenue by creating more taxpayers. over 50% of americans dont pay taxes.
There were about 25% not paying income taxes before Bush's tax cuts, which doubled non-payers, but the same people who bitch about the non-payers want the Bush tax cuts made permanent!!!! :cuckoo: Obviously they want to permanently whine about non-payers.

Also if you make non-payers pay taxes you are raising taxes, which the same crybabies are completely against. :cuckoo: As I have so often shown, CON$ are always on both sides of every issue.

If Bush's tax cut's were so bad why did obama extend them? Are you saying obama was wrong?

Is it tiring defend obam,a everyday? I bet it's even painful twisting facts to fit your lie.
The fact is there is $340 billion in deficit spending that YOU nor any other CON$ervative can account for, therefore it was not only off budget, it was off everything except the national debt!!!!!!!

You're the one in love with the government why don't you ask them?
You're the one who says all the deficit spending is accounted for in the $161 billion, why don't YOU account for it? I've already said it was not accounted for in any Bush budget and YOU can't account for it in any Bush budget while at the same time claiming all Bush deficit spending is accounted for in his budget. :cuckoo:

The fact is there is $340 billion in deficit spending that YOU nor any other CON$ervative can account for, therefore it was not only off budget, it was off everything except the national debt!!!!!!!

You're the one who says all the deficit spending is accounted for in the $161 billion, why don't YOU account for it? I've already said it was not accounted for in any Bush budget and YOU can't account for it in any Bush budget while at the same time claiming all Bush deficit spending is accounted for in his budget. :cuckoo:

You have me confused with someone else. I never made any claim. Again if what Bush did was so bad why is obama contining the same thing?

If Bush's tax cut's were so bad why did obama extend them? Are you saying obama was wrong?
As you well know, the GOP held unemployment benefits hostage if they couldn't get the additional 25% of non-payers to bitch about. So he extended them not because he wanted to, but because he had to.

And obviously the GOP was wrong because keeping the Bush tax cuts has not created a single job!!!

BenNatuf, you really can't read and understand the chart? Or are you just kidding?
I read it just fine, evidently the words

Total................On Budget.................Off Budget

confuse the fuck out of you liberal fucking morons though.

You use Righty Extremist Fascist code talk to try to force sensible Republicans, like me, out of the GOP. Two words, roadie: fuck on. Two more: I'm staying. Two final: you lose.

You can't even admit that Ben schooled you.

You are a liberal Democrat.

You have me confused with someone else. I never made any claim. Again if what Bush did was so bad why is obama contining the same thing?
Again the dumb act. The GOP refused to extend unemployment benefits if the failed Bush tax cuts were not extended. If tax cuts create jobs then we should be drowning in jobs after 11 years of the Bush tax cuts!!!!!

BenNatuf, you really can't read and understand the chart? Or are you just kidding?

You use Righty Extremist Fascist code talk to try to force sensible Republicans, like me, out of the GOP. Two words, roadie: fuck on. Two more: I'm staying. Two final: you lose.

1101330313_400.jpg

You can't even admit that Ben schooled you.

You are a liberal Democrat.

He's a progressive liberal.

"Sensible Republican" is a liberal euphemism meaning "lying moron."

Again the dumb act. The GOP refused to extend unemployment benefits if the failed Bush tax cuts were not extended. If tax cuts create jobs then we should be drowning in jobs after 11 years of the Bush tax cuts!!!!!

Who's playing dumb again? You bash Boooush but support obama for doing the samething Bush did, and doubling down on it.

Who's playing dumb again? You bash Boooush but support obama for doing the samething Bush did, and doubling down on it.
Again that's pure BULLSHIT. Many many times on this board I was against both the Obama ending of the Bush tax cuts and the CON$ervative making them permanent. I said even when CON$ might be right about cutting taxes they are wrong about the taxes they want to cut.

What I said to do to stimulate the economy and create AMERICAN jobs is to REPLACE each of Bush's American job killing tax cuts when they expire, DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR, with a cut in the job killing payroll taxes.
This would give the American wage earner an immediate increase in take home pay to spend on a regular basis without costing the employer a single penny thus stimulating demand, and the businesses that employ Americans would have an immediate cut in the cost of labor without downsizing or outsourcing a single American job as well as saving the cost of compliance. The businesses that employ the most AMERICANS will get the most benefit from my tax cuts, exactly the group of people you would want to benefit most from tax cuts.

Tycoons who increased profits by outsourcing American jobs for cheaper foreign labor, were rewarded by Bush with a tax cut on top of the profit gained at the expense of American jobs. I say their increased profit is reward enough, they don't deserve a tax cut on profit earned at the expense of the American worker. My tax cuts reward people who work and businesses that employ Americans instead.

What I said to do to stimulate the economy and create AMERICAN jobs is to REPLACE each of Bush's American job killing tax cuts when they expire, DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR, with a cut in the job killing payroll taxes.
Bush's tax cuts killed jobs? Can you explain how exactly?

Again that's pure BULLSHIT. Many many times on this board I was against both the Obama ending of the Bush tax cuts and the CON$ervative making them permanent. I said even when CON$ might be right about cutting taxes they are wrong about the taxes they want to cut.

This would give the American wage earner an immediate increase in take home pay to spend on a regular basis without costing the employer a single penny thus stimulating demand, and the businesses that employ Americans would have an immediate cut in the cost of labor without downsizing or outsourcing a single American job as well as saving the cost of compliance. The businesses that employ the most AMERICANS will get the most benefit from my tax cuts, exactly the group of people you would want to benefit most from tax cuts.

Tycoons who increased profits by outsourcing American jobs for cheaper foreign labor, were rewarded by Bush with a tax cut on top of the profit gained at the expense of American jobs. I say their increased profit is reward enough, they don't deserve a tax cut on profit earned at the expense of the American worker. My tax cuts reward people who work and businesses that employ Americans instead.

No bullshit about it. you have bashed bush yet give obama a pass for doing the samething.

It was already explained in the part of my post you edited out so you could play dumb.

No bullshit about it. you have bashed bush yet give obama a pass for doing the samething.
I did not give anyone a pass. You asked why Obama signed the Bush tax cuts extension, you didn't ask if I approved extending the Bush tax cuts, and you didn't ask if I approved of Obama caving to the GOP. Obviously I didn't as I wanted a tax substitution because the past 11 years have proven that for the most part Bush cut the wrong taxes.

The closest thing that Obama did that I would approve of was his payroll tax holiday, but he did not do it for both workers and employers as I wanted and it was only temporary and not permanent as I wanted.

You have been brainwashed into believing that anyone who opposes CON$ervoFascism must support Obama. You have been programmed to be a Fascist. In Fascism there are ONLY two sides, your side and the enemy.

And then, if you get a chance, please show me where in the Bush tax cuts there was a tax cut for outsourcing American jobs.

Spell it out. Be specific. Link to the section of the bill if you can.

And then, if you get a chance, please show me where in the Bush tax cuts there was a tax cut for outsourcing American jobs.

Spell it out. Be specific. Link to the section of the bill if you can.
Again, another CON$ervative playing dumb, but at least you didn't edit my post.

My post clearly says the tax cut was on the profit earned from outsourcing American jobs. Since you can't understand that, let me put it this way. When tycoons outsourced American jobs they increased their profits. Bush cut taxes on all profits, so therefore Bush cut the taxes on the profits made by outsourcing American jobs.

My tax substitution rewards only businesses that employ Americans, and the businesses that employ the most Americans benefit the most. I do not punish the outsourcing tycoons, but I don't give them a tax cut on the profit made by outsourcing American jobs either.
Get it?

Forum List

Back