Alexander Hamilton Slams Obama!

1. Liberals/Progressives/Democrats no longer honor either the Founders nor the Constitution, so the following will most certainly be met with a shrug: they simply don't care.

But....it is important to remind real Americans whence our guidance....
All have seen the tyrant ignore the restrictions of the Constitution....and the particular issue today is Obama's wish to enter into an agreement with Iran as his decision alone.

2. Where does the problem arise?
"The President... shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur...."

ARTICLE II, SECTION 2, CLAUSE 2

3. Now...why give Obama's plan a second glance?
"Commentators have exposed how bad the Iran deal is in various ways...the deal can't be fixed. Even if sanctions relief were somewhat more gradual, even if the number of centrifuges were somewhat lower, even if the inspections regime were somewhat more robust—the basic facts would remain: Iran gets to keep its nuclear infrastructure, including the most sensitive parts of it. The sanctions come off. And the inspectors can be kicked out. So Iran, a state-sponsor of terror, an enemy of the United States, an aggressive jihadist power, a regime dedicated to the destruction of Israel, will become a threshold nuclear weapons state.

4. ... less of a "deal" than a series of cascading concessions to Iran. Some of the particulars are so indefensible that they may become the best vehicle for stopping or killing the deal. ....
... no sanctions relief if Fordow, which Obama himself said was utterly unnecessary for a peaceful nuclear program, stays open.
No sanctions relief if there aren't any-time, any-place inspections.
No sanctions relief if the centrifuges don't stop spinning, or if enriched uranium isn't shipped out of the country.
No sanctions relief without recognition of Israel's right to exist. .... Congress should—multiply examples of the arrows that can be launched to try to bring down this vulnerable deal.

5. Britain has a parliamentary system of government, and so Neville Chamberlain's parliamentary majority ensured the Munich agreement would go forward. The U.S. Constitution, on the other hand, provides for a separation of powers. As Hamilton explains in Federalist #75:

"However proper or safe it may be in governments where the executive magistrate is an hereditary monarch, to commit to him the entire power of making treaties, it would be utterly unsafe and improper to intrust that power to an elective magistrate of four years' duration. ... The history of human conduct does not warrant that exalted opinion of human virtue which would make it wise in a nation to commit interests of so delicate and momentous a kind, as those which contain its intercourse with the rest of the world, to the sole disposal of a magistrate created and circumstanced as would be a President of the United States."
Special Editorial Kill the Deal The Weekly Standard

Hamilton was ahead of his time. He knew that allowing too much power to a federalist system would result in tyranny. Look around you. It has taken 50 years - but it has now come to fruition. A president that says "to hell with Congress and the American people". Get used to it. It has only just begun. It's "Change we can believe in" and, of course, the "fundamental transformation of America".

May God have mercy on us.

I'll never say 'get used to it".....
....but I'm ready to light a candle for the late, great nation.

And that's why I wrote "Liberals/Progressives/Democrats no longer honor either the Founders nor the Constitution, so the following will most certainly be met with a shrug: they simply don't care."

You can see proof of same in the thread.

Understood. But you have to keep in mind...this didn't start with the faculty lounge communist. It started nearly 50 years ago where each successive president was allowed to "stretch" the law to suit his needs. It has been a slow, insidious movement by those who are "actually" in power to turn this country into a tyranny. Screw freedom. It's all about amassing fortunes - on our backs. Freedom is nothing more than a word now. Our "Freedom" has been gone for the last 30 years.

Funny, I was talking to some friends the other day and the subject of illegal immigration came up. I recall, back in the late 50s (living in Arizona) that there were hardly NO Mexicans in that state. Some would be brought in to harvest cotton and onions, but then sent back to Mexico. Practically every town I lived in (old man was in the Air Force) had zero Mexicans in them. Hell, it was like this up until the 70s. Now? look around you.

Same thing with these "so-called" laws. What exactly do they do? In the majority of the cases during the 60s on - they give to one group while taking away from another.

We have been hoodwinked by multi=national billionaires and their puppets in Washington DC. Disagree with your "government"? You, my friend, are now a "Domestic Terrorist". Keep that term in mind for the next 10 years. It will be used EXTENSIVELY in the future. Watch and see. Just like the Scots who disagreed with England were labeled "Enemies" and the Irish were called "Terrorists" because they wanted a foreign country out of their land - get ready to be labeled.

And the Left? Well, just like the good "loyalists" who turned against their countrymen in the early Colonies - These same folks will be more than happy to support this countries demise.

I can find problems beginning with John Marshall, and the aggrandizement of the executive and judicial branches.

And, of course, Franklin Roosevelt treated the Constitution the way Italians treat red and green lights....as merely a suggestion.

Now explain how you could be so ignorant as to post "I don't doubt it's as good a deal as we can get."
I'll take the deal over Republicans getting us into another war. If the Iranians renege, so can we. Quit the hand wringing and sound like an American. If you listen to the Republicans, you'd think we're a weak country, instead of a super power.

But you didn't say that.

You said "I don't doubt it's as good a deal as we can get."

I'll take your retreat as acknowledgement of your defeat.

Quit the hand wringing and sound like an American. If you listen to the Republicans, you'd think we're a weak country, instead of a super power.
But you didn't say that. You said "I don't doubt it's as good a deal as we can get." I'll take your retreat as acknowledgement of your defeat.
You'll take nothing. You're trying to spread fear without evidence. Nobody gets everything they want from negotiations.

Quit the hand wringing and sound like an American. If you listen to the Republicans, you'd think we're a weak country, instead of a super power.
But you didn't say that. You said "I don't doubt it's as good a deal as we can get." I'll take your retreat as acknowledgement of your defeat.
You'll take nothing. You're trying to spread fear without evidence. Nobody gets everything they want from negotiations.

I notice you didn't repeat "I don't doubt it's as good a deal as we can get."

So....contrary to popular opinion....you may be capable of learning?

I guess the deal that GW Bush got in 8 years as president was so much better?

I guess the current GOP plan is better?

So the best you can do is change the subject to over half a decade ago?
Inadvertently, you've proven the OP.
Seems funny that all Bush and company were in charge, all you got was.........

In your drunken stupor, you probably haven't noticed the last six years.

Remedial coming right up:

Here are some of his statements on the subject, going back to his first campaign for the presidency:

June 5, 2008, in Cairo: "I will continue to be clear on the fact that an Iranian nuclear weapon would be profoundly destabilizing for the entire region.It is strongly in America's interest to prevent such a scenario."

June 8, 2008, to AIPAC: "The danger from Iran is grave, it is real, and my goal will be to eliminate this threat.... Finally, let there be no doubt: I will always keep the threat of military action on the table to defend our security and our ally Israel."

October 7 2008, in the second presidential debate: "We cannot allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. It would be a game-changer in the region. Not only would it threaten Israel, our strongest ally in the region and one of our strongest allies in the world, but it would also create a possibility of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists. And so it's unacceptable. And I will do everything that's required to prevent it. And we will never take military options off the table,"

November 7, 2008, press conference: "Iran's development of a nuclear weapon, I believe, is unacceptable. And we have to mount an international effort to prevent that from happening."

February 27, 2009, speech at Camp Lejeune: "(W)e are focusing on al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan; developing a strategy to use all elements of American power to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon; and actively seeking a lasting peace between Israel and the Arab world."

January 27, 2010, State of the Union address: "And as Iran's leaders continue to ignore their obligations, there should be no doubt: They, too, will face growing consequences. That is a promise."

July 1, /2010, at the signing of the Iran Sanctions Act: "There should be no doubt -- the United States and the international community are determined to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons."

May 19, 2011, speech on the Middle East: "Now, our opposition to Iran's intolerance and Iran's repressive measures, as well as its illicit nuclear program and its support of terror, is well known."

May 22, 2011, in an address to AIPAC: "You also see our commitment to our shared security in our determination to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.... So let me be absolutely clear -- we remain committed to preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons."

October 13,2011, press conference after meeting with South Korean president:"Now, we don't take any options off the table in terms of how we operate with Iran."

November 14, 2011, press conference: "So what I did was to speak with President Medvedev, as well as President Hu, and all three of us entirely agree on the objective, which is making sure that Iran does not weaponize nuclear power and that we don't trigger a nuclear arms race in the region. That's in the interests of all of us... I have said repeatedly and I will say it today, we are not taking any options off the table, because it's my firm belief that an Iran with a nuclear weapon would pose a security threat not only to the region but also to the United States."

December 8, 2011, press conference: (In response to question about pressuring Iran): "No options off the table means I'm considering all options."

December 16, 2011, speech to the General Assembly of the Union for Reform Judaism: "Another grave concern -- and a threat to the security of Israel, the United States and the world -- is Iran's nuclear program. And that's why our policy has been absolutely clear: We are determined to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons...and that's why, rest assured, we will take no options off the table. We have been clear."

January 24, 2012, State of the Union address: "Let there be no doubt: America is determined to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon, and I will take no options off the table to achieve that goal."

March 2, 2012, interview with Goldblog: "I... don't, as a matter of sound policy, go around advertising exactly what our intentions are. But I think both the Iranian and the Israeli governments recognize that when the United States says it is unacceptable for Iran to have a nuclear weapon, we mean what we say."

March 4, 2012, speech to AIPAC: "I have said that when it comes to preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, I will take no options off the table, and I mean what I say That includes all elements of American power: A political effort aimed at isolating Iran; a diplomatic effort to sustain our coalition and ensure that the Iranian program is monitored; an economic effort that imposes crippling sanctions; and, yes, a military effort to be prepared for any contingency."

March 5, 2012, remarks after meeting with Benjamin Netanyahu: "... I reserve all options, and my policy here is not going to be one of containment. My policy is prevention of Iran obtaining nuclear weapons. And as I indicated yesterday in my speech, when I say all options are at the table, I mean it."

March 6, 2012, press conference: "And what I have said is, is that we will not countenance Iran getting a nuclear weapon. My policy is not containment; my policy is to prevent them from getting a nuclear weapon -- because if they get a nuclear weapon that could trigger an arms race in the region, it would undermine our non-proliferation goals, it could potentially fall into the hands of terrorists.

March 14, 2012, remarks after meeting with David Cameron: "...And as I said in a speech just a couple of weeks ago, I am determined not simply to contain Iran that is in possession of a nuclear weapon; I am determined to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon -- in part for the reasons that David mentioned... We will do everything we can to resolve this diplomatically, but ultimately, we've got to have somebody on the other side of the table who's taking this seriously."http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...bc1fce-071d-11e2-afff-d6c7f20a83bf_print.html

September 25, 2012, speech to the United Nations General Assembly: "Make no mistake: A nuclear-armed Iran is not a challenge that can be contained...the United States will do what we must to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon."
Obama s Crystal-Clear Promise to Stop Iran From Getting a Nuclear Weapon The Atlantic

1. Liberals/Progressives/Democrats no longer honor either the Founders nor the Constitution, so the following will most certainly be met with a shrug: they simply don't care.

All have seen the tyrant ignore the restrictions of the Constitution....and the particular issue today is Obama's wish to enter into an agreement with Iran as his decision alone.

"The President... shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur...."

"Commentators have exposed how bad the Iran deal is in various ways...the deal can't be fixed. Even if sanctions relief were somewhat more gradual, even if the number of centrifuges were somewhat lower, even if the inspections regime were somewhat more robust—the basic facts would remain: Iran gets to keep its nuclear infrastructure, including the most sensitive parts of it. The sanctions come off. And the inspectors can be kicked out. So Iran, a state-sponsor of terror, an enemy of the United States, an aggressive jihadist power, a regime dedicated to the destruction of Israel, will become a threshold nuclear weapons state.

4. ... less of a "deal" than a series of cascading concessions to Iran. Some of the particulars are so indefensible that they may become the best vehicle for stopping or killing the deal. ....
... no sanctions relief if Fordow, which Obama himself said was utterly unnecessary for a peaceful nuclear program, stays open.
No sanctions relief if the centrifuges don't stop spinning, or if enriched uranium isn't shipped out of the country.
No sanctions relief without recognition of Israel's right to exist. .... Congress should—multiply examples of the arrows that can be launched to try to bring down this vulnerable deal.

5. Britain has a parliamentary system of government, and so Neville Chamberlain's parliamentary majority ensured the Munich agreement would go forward. The U.S. Constitution, on the other hand, provides for a separation of powers. As Hamilton explains in Federalist #75:

"However proper or safe it may be in governments where the executive magistrate is an hereditary monarch, to commit to him the entire power of making treaties, it would be utterly unsafe and improper to intrust that power to an elective magistrate of four years' duration. ... The history of human conduct does not warrant that exalted opinion of human virtue which would make it wise in a nation to commit interests of so delicate and momentous a kind, as those which contain its intercourse with the rest of the world, to the sole disposal of a magistrate created and circumstanced as would be a President of the United States."

Exactly WHY should we believe ANYTHING William Kristol or any of the neocons say? They were the warmongers who helped remove the regional buffer to Iran...Saddam Hussein Ba'athist Iraq leadership and now Iraq's government is ruled by Iran's allies...the Shi'ite majority.

Kristol and the neocon want to bring a NEW war of ideology to America...but like their last failed war, NONE of them will be fighting that war, and none of their sons or daughters will be either.

What sort of imbecile denies the truth by claiming not to like the truth-teller?

Oh...your sort of imbecile: a reliable Democrat voter.

"They were the warmongers who helped remove the regional buffer to Iran...Saddam Hussein Ba'athist Iraq leadership.
1. You don't really want me to provide the huge list of Demorat elites who voted in line with exactly what Bush did.....do you?

2. Are you ready to deny that ISIS and all we are facing currently is a direct result of this petit mal President refusing to leave a counter-balance of US troops in Iraq?
Sure you are....but that would identify you as both a liar and a fool.
Go for it.

I guess "banana republic' dictators just force their will on other nations. So why doesn't Obama force the Iraqi government to accept troops in their country?

Who gives a shit if those American sons and daughters would not be granted legal protections and immunities required to ensure soldiers didn’t end up in Iraqi jails? Certainly not Kristol, the neocons, or you PC.

Exactly WHY should we believe ANYTHING William Kristol or any of the neocons say? They were the warmongers who helped remove the regional buffer to Iran...Saddam Hussein Ba'athist Iraq leadership and now Iraq's government is ruled by Iran's allies...the Shi'ite majority.

Kristol and the neocon want to bring a NEW war of ideology to America...but like their last failed war, NONE of them will be fighting that war, and none of their sons or daughters will be either.

What sort of imbecile denies the truth by claiming not to like the truth-teller?

"They were the warmongers who helped remove the regional buffer to Iran...Saddam Hussein Ba'athist Iraq leadership.
1. You don't really want me to provide the huge list of Demorat elites who voted in line with exactly what Bush did.....do you?

2. Are you ready to deny that ISIS and all we are facing currently is a direct result of this petit mal President refusing to leave a counter-balance of US troops in Iraq?
Go for it.

I guess "banana republic' dictators just force their will on other nations. So why doesn't Obama force the Iraqi government to accept troops in their country?

Who gives a shit if those American sons and daughters would not be granted legal protections and immunities required to ensure soldiers didn’t end up in Iraqi jails? Certainly not Kristol, the neocons, or you PC.

Let's see if you are educable:

Obama made the huge mistake in refusing to negotiate an agreement to leave US troops in Iraq.
This is the source of the problem with ISIS: they're there because we weren't.

"Obama's 2012 Debate Boast: I Didn't Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq
Obama then denied that he ever supported a status of forces agreement that would have left troops in Iraq....Get that?
He wouldn't even attempt to get a status of forces agreement.

MR. ROMNEY: [W]ith regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should have been a status of forces agreement. Did you —

PRESIDENT OBAMA: That's not true.

MR. ROMNEY: Oh, you didn't — you didn't want a status of forces agreement?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No, but what I — what I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.

"Here's one thing I've learned as commander in chief," Obama said at the end of the exchange. "You've got to be clear, both to our allies and our enemies, about where you stand and what you mean
Obama s 2012 Debate Boast I Didn t Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq The Weekly Standard

a. "This month, Colin Kahl, the senior Pentagon official in charge of Iraq policy at the time, explained why the White House insisted on Iraq’s parliament approving the changes to the SOFA.

He wrote in Politico Magazine that in 2011 Iraq’s prime minister, Nouri al-Maliki, “told U.S. negotiators that he was willing to sign an executive memorandum of understanding that included these legal protections.

Yet this time around, Obama is willing to accept an agreement from Iraq’s foreign ministry on U.S. forces in Iraq without a vote of Iraq’s parliament. “We believe we need a separate set of assurances from the Iraqis,” one senior U.S. defense official told The Daily Beast on Sunday. This official said this would likely be an agreement or exchange of diplomatic notes from the Iraq’s foreign ministry. “We basically need a piece of paper from them,” another U.S. official involved in the negotiations told The Daily Beast.

The official didn’t explain why the parliamentary vote, so crucial three years ago, was no longer needed.”
Obama Does a U-Turn on Immunity for U.S. Troops in Iraq - The Daily Beast

The official didn’t explain why the parliamentary vote, so crucial three years ago, was no longer needed.”

Obama rejected it.

Obama and any simpleton who voted for him share responsibility for every massacre and slaughter by ISIS

Wash that blood off your hands.....if you can.

The thread began pointing out how Liberals/Progressives/Democrats are behind 'fundamentally changing' the America of the Founders.

From the beginning, every iteration of totalitarianism was opposed to the checks and balances of our Constitution.

It has never been clearer than this presidency.

The NYSun points to same:

"That founding wisdom, from Alexander Hamilton writing in 75 Federalist, is being quoted today by the Weekly Standard in an editorial urging Congress to block the Obama administration’s proposed agreement with the Iranian regime. It’s a marvelous quote that reminds us of the worldview of the Founders. They were wary of human nature, of the propensity of kings and the susceptibility to hubris. Hence their system of checks and balances.

President Obama’s proposed pact with the Iranians certainly puts us in a checks and balances moment."
Hamilton on the Iran Deal - The New York Sun

Where's the part where the President violates the Constitution? You seem to have forgotten that part.

Where's the part where the President violates the Constitution? You seem to have forgotten that part.

Nah....what I seem to have forgotten is that there are imbeciles like you around.

1. " Feds: Obama Broke Law with Bergdahl Swap" President Obama violated a “clear and unambiguous” law when he released five Guantanamo Bay detainees in exchange for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, the Government Accountability Office reported Thursday. National Review

-------------------------------------------------------------------

2. "Rick Perry Warns ISIS May Already Be in the United States

ISIS terrorists may already be in the country, Governor Rick Perry (R., Texas) warned, saying that the terrorists’ own version of “mission creep” will draw them from Iraq to the United States.

“I think there is the obvious great concern that because of the condition of the border, from the standpoint of it not being secure and us not knowing who is penetrating across, that individuals from ISIS or other terrorist states could be [entering the country],” Perry said during an event hosted byNational Reviewand the Heritage Foundation in Washington, D.C." National Review

And it was Obama who invited them in, along with the tidal wave of illegal immigrants he called to invade:

" According to a “help wanted” Request For Information (RFI) posted onFedBizOpps.gov, the feds were looking for vendors to help escort unaccompanied alien children (UAC) in JANUARY of this year. According to a “help wanted” Request For Information (RFI) posted onFedBizOpps.gov, the feds were looking for vendors to help escort unaccompanied alien children (UAC) in JANUARY of this year.

The question is, how in January, did the U.S. government know up to 65,000 unaccompanied illegal alien children would be arriving?
Feds advertised for escort services for unaccompanied alien children in January - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

3. " George Will: Obama’s unconstitutional steps worse than Nixon’s
a. President Obama’s increasingly grandiose claims for presidential power are inversely proportional to his shriveling presidency. Desperation fuels arrogance ...his pantry of excuses for failure is bare, his domestic agenda is nonexistent and his foreign policy... is floundering. And atlast week’s news conferencehe offered inconvenience as a justification for illegality.
b. Explaining his decision to unilaterally rewrite the Affordable Care Act(ACA), he said: “I didn’t simply choose to” ignore the statutory requirement for beginning in 2014 the employer mandate to provide employees with health care. No, “this was in consultation with businesses.”
c. ....journalists did not ask the pertinent question: “Wheredoes the Constitution confer upon presidents the ‘executive authority’ to ignore the separation of powers by revising laws?” .... there is no such authority.

Even if he understood “normal” political environments here, the Constitution is not suspended...."

George Will Obama s unconstitutional steps worse than Nixon s - The Washington Post

4. "President Obama's Top 10 Constitutional Violations Of 2013"
President Obama s Top 10 Constitutional Violations Of 2013 - Forbes

5. George Washington University professor Jonathan Turley declares it an awful 10 days for Obama administration legal philosophy, having been rebuked on the 4th Amendment in the cell phone case, the 1st Amendment in the Hobby Lobby case, and on separation of powers in the recess appointments case:

Go for it.

Let's see if you are educable:

Obama made the huge mistake in refusing to negotiate an agreement to leave US troops in Iraq.
This is the source of the problem with ISIS: they're there because we weren't.

"Obama's 2012 Debate Boast: I Didn't Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq
Obama then denied that he ever supported a status of forces agreement that would have left troops in Iraq....Get that?
He wouldn't even attempt to get a status of forces agreement.

MR. ROMNEY: [W]ith regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should have been a status of forces agreement. Did you —

PRESIDENT OBAMA: That's not true.

MR. ROMNEY: Oh, you didn't — you didn't want a status of forces agreement?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No, but what I — what I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.

"Here's one thing I've learned as commander in chief," Obama said at the end of the exchange. "You've got to be clear, both to our allies and our enemies, about where you stand and what you mean
Obama s 2012 Debate Boast I Didn t Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq The Weekly Standard

a. "This month, Colin Kahl, the senior Pentagon official in charge of Iraq policy at the time, explained why the White House insisted on Iraq’s parliament approving the changes to the SOFA.

He wrote in Politico Magazine that in 2011 Iraq’s prime minister, Nouri al-Maliki, “told U.S. negotiators that he was willing to sign an executive memorandum of understanding that included these legal protections.

Yet this time around, Obama is willing to accept an agreement from Iraq’s foreign ministry on U.S. forces in Iraq without a vote of Iraq’s parliament. “We believe we need a separate set of assurances from the Iraqis,” one senior U.S. defense official told The Daily Beast on Sunday. This official said this would likely be an agreement or exchange of diplomatic notes from the Iraq’s foreign ministry. “We basically need a piece of paper from them,” another U.S. official involved in the negotiations told The Daily Beast.

Obama Does a U-Turn on Immunity for U.S. Troops in Iraq - The Daily Beast

Obama rejected it.

Obama and any simpleton who voted for him share responsibility for every massacre and slaughter by ISIS

Wash that blood off your hands.....if you can.

WOW, how dishonest are you PC? I guess ethics and honesty are not part of your character.

Colin H. Kahl
Iraq’s prime minister, Nuri al-Maliki, told U.S. negotiators that he was willing to sign an executive memorandum of understanding that included these legal protections. But for any agreement to be binding under the Iraqi constitution, it had to be approved by the Iraqi parliament. This was the judgment of every senior administration lawyer and Maliki’s own legal adviser, and no senior U.S. military commander made the case that we should leave forces behind without these protections. Even Sen. John McCain, perhaps the administration’s harshest Iraq critic, admitted in a December 2011 speech discussing the withdrawal that the president’s demand for binding legal immunities “was a matter of vital importance.” Moreover, because the 2008 security agreement had been approved by the Iraqi parliament, it seemed both unrealistic and politically unsustainable to apply a lower standard this time around.

Unfortunately, Iraqi domestic politics made it impossible to reach a deal. Iraqi public opinion surveys consistently showed that the U.S. military presence was deeply unpopular (only in Iraqi Kurdistan did a majority of people want American G.I.s to stay). Maliki was willing to consider going to parliament to approve a follow-on agreement, but he was not willing to stick his neck out. Other political factions would have to support the move, and the support wasn’t there. The Sadrists, a populist Shia movement that was now a major bloc in the parliament, were dead set against U.S. troops remaining. Ayad Allawi and Sunni politicians aligned with the Iraqiyya coalition supported a continued U.S. presence, but they knew that most of their Sunni constituents did not. They also wanted to condition their support on Maliki agreeing to additional political concessions. The Kurds were more active in their advocacy for a follow-on agreement, but they could not convince others to go along. So when Iraq’s major political bloc leaders met in early October 2011 in an all-night session, they agreed on the need for continued U.S. “trainers” but said they were unwilling to seek immunities for these troops through the parliament. The die was thus cast. Obama and Maliki spoke on Oct. 21 and agreed that U.S. forces would depart as scheduled by the end of the year.

Read more: No Obama Didn t Lose Iraq - Colin H. Kahl - POLITICO Magazine

Nah....what I seem to have forgotten is that there are imbeciles like you around.

1. " Feds: Obama Broke Law with Bergdahl Swap" President Obama violated a “clear and unambiguous” law when he released five Guantanamo Bay detainees in exchange for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, the Government Accountability Office reported Thursday. National Review

ISIS terrorists may already be in the country, Governor Rick Perry (R., Texas) warned, saying that the terrorists’ own version of “mission creep” will draw them from Iraq to the United States.

“I think there is the obvious great concern that because of the condition of the border, from the standpoint of it not being secure and us not knowing who is penetrating across, that individuals from ISIS or other terrorist states could be [entering the country],” Perry said during an event hosted byNational Reviewand the Heritage Foundation in Washington, D.C." National Review

And it was Obama who invited them in, along with the tidal wave of illegal immigrants he called to invade:

" According to a “help wanted” Request For Information (RFI) posted onFedBizOpps.gov, the feds were looking for vendors to help escort unaccompanied alien children (UAC) in JANUARY of this year. According to a “help wanted” Request For Information (RFI) posted onFedBizOpps.gov, the feds were looking for vendors to help escort unaccompanied alien children (UAC) in JANUARY of this year.

The question is, how in January, did the U.S. government know up to 65,000 unaccompanied illegal alien children would be arriving?
Feds advertised for escort services for unaccompanied alien children in January - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

a. President Obama’s increasingly grandiose claims for presidential power are inversely proportional to his shriveling presidency. Desperation fuels arrogance ...his pantry of excuses for failure is bare, his domestic agenda is nonexistent and his foreign policy... is floundering. And atlast week’s news conferencehe offered inconvenience as a justification for illegality.
b. Explaining his decision to unilaterally rewrite the Affordable Care Act(ACA), he said: “I didn’t simply choose to” ignore the statutory requirement for beginning in 2014 the employer mandate to provide employees with health care. No, “this was in consultation with businesses.”
c. ....journalists did not ask the pertinent question: “Wheredoes the Constitution confer upon presidents the ‘executive authority’ to ignore the separation of powers by revising laws?” .... there is no such authority.

Even if he understood “normal” political environments here, the Constitution is not suspended...."

George Will Obama s unconstitutional steps worse than Nixon s - The Washington Post

5. George Washington University professor Jonathan Turley declares it an awful 10 days for Obama administration legal philosophy, having been rebuked on the 4th Amendment in the cell phone case, the 1st Amendment in the Hobby Lobby case, and on separation of powers in the recess appointments case:

Here's how we know you are completely full of shit: The Republican controlled Congress hasn't done anything about it. If the President has, in any way, violated any part of the Constitution, what's stopping the Republican leadership from taking action?

Here's how we know you are completely full of shit: The Republican controlled Congress hasn't done anything about it. If the President has, in any way, violated any part of the Constitution, what's stopping the Republican leadership from taking action?

Everything I posted was true, and factual.

Including this:

"The official didn’t explain why the parliamentary vote, so crucial three years ago, was no longer needed.”

Everything I posted was true, and factual.

Including this:

"The official didn’t explain why the parliamentary vote, so crucial three years ago, was no longer needed.”

Well then, your incredible wisdom and profound insight should provide you with some explanation for the lack of Republican action.

You kn ow, someone needs to get PC a real job where she gets out of the house and interacts with real people.

seriously, this is what happens when you lock someone in the house all day and they listen to Hate Radio and watch Faux News.

Hamilton was ahead of his time. He knew that allowing too much power to a federalist system would result in tyranny. Look around you. It has taken 50 years - but it has now come to fruition. A president that says "to hell with Congress and the American people". Get used to it. It has only just begun. It's "Change we can believe in" and, of course, the "fundamental transformation of America".

May God have mercy on us.

I'll never say 'get used to it".....
....but I'm ready to light a candle for the late, great nation.

And that's why I wrote "Liberals/Progressives/Democrats no longer honor either the Founders nor the Constitution, so the following will most certainly be met with a shrug: they simply don't care."

You can see proof of same in the thread.

Understood. But you have to keep in mind...this didn't start with the faculty lounge communist. It started nearly 50 years ago where each successive president was allowed to "stretch" the law to suit his needs. It has been a slow, insidious movement by those who are "actually" in power to turn this country into a tyranny. Screw freedom. It's all about amassing fortunes - on our backs. Freedom is nothing more than a word now. Our "Freedom" has been gone for the last 30 years.

Funny, I was talking to some friends the other day and the subject of illegal immigration came up. I recall, back in the late 50s (living in Arizona) that there were hardly NO Mexicans in that state. Some would be brought in to harvest cotton and onions, but then sent back to Mexico. Practically every town I lived in (old man was in the Air Force) had zero Mexicans in them. Hell, it was like this up until the 70s. Now? look around you.

Same thing with these "so-called" laws. What exactly do they do? In the majority of the cases during the 60s on - they give to one group while taking away from another.

We have been hoodwinked by multi=national billionaires and their puppets in Washington DC. Disagree with your "government"? You, my friend, are now a "Domestic Terrorist". Keep that term in mind for the next 10 years. It will be used EXTENSIVELY in the future. Watch and see. Just like the Scots who disagreed with England were labeled "Enemies" and the Irish were called "Terrorists" because they wanted a foreign country out of their land - get ready to be labeled.

And the Left? Well, just like the good "loyalists" who turned against their countrymen in the early Colonies - These same folks will be more than happy to support this countries demise.

I can find problems beginning with John Marshall, and the aggrandizement of the executive and judicial branches.

And, of course, Franklin Roosevelt treated the Constitution the way Italians treat red and green lights....as merely a suggestion.

I so wish that everyone here would watch this video. My God, this guy lays it out in such clear detail as to how we are becoming a tyranny. Again, it's long (it's the history lesson you ALL should have gotten in school) but it is well worth your time. I ran across it by accident one day and it opened my eyes to the way this country is being taken from the American people - slowly, to be sure, but taken, nonetheless.

"Alexander Hamilton Slams Obama!"

Alexander Hamilton is dead, just like your failed, idiotic premise.

And you are still a hypocrite and a liar. Iran will NEVER sign a deal with the US. Why? Because in the theocracy (which is Iran) ANY contract made with the infidel is worthless and not to be abided by.

Now shit house lawyer - prove me wrong.

Forum List

Back