All 9 Supreme Court justices push back on oversight

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
My oh my! I wonder what the left think about this. Apparently all 9 justices, which includes the staunch liberals, aren't in favor of SC oversight.

There's no conservative-liberal divide on the U.S. Supreme Court when it comes to calls for a new, enforceable ethics code.

All nine justices, in a rare step, on Tuesday released a joint statement reaffirming their voluntary adherence to a general code of conduct but rebutting proposals for independent oversight, mandatory compliance with ethics rules and greater transparency in cases of recusal.

My oh my! I wonder what the left think about this. Apparently all 9 justices, which includes the staunch liberals, aren't in favor of SC oversight.

There's no conservative-liberal divide on the U.S. Supreme Court when it comes to calls for a new, enforceable ethics code.

All nine justices, in a rare step, on Tuesday released a joint statement reaffirming their voluntary adherence to a general code of conduct but rebutting proposals for independent oversight, mandatory compliance with ethics rules and greater transparency in cases of recusal.

Each branch of government, executive, legislative, judiciary was intended to be separate and independent of the others with each having its own specific functions and none having any authority over the others. The process of impeachment and removal from office was also included in the Constitution to provide a means of removing any official convicted of high crimes and misdemeanors.

I have despised how leftist members of the court have at times twisted the letter and intent of the Constitution and other law and presumed to insert their own intent and law, an authority the Founders never intended for any court.

But kudos to all members who rightfully protect their autonomy from the whims, partisanship, demands of Congress and/or the President.

Each branch of government, executive, legislative, judiciary was intended to be separate and independent of the others with each having its own specific functions and none having any authority over the others. The process of impeachment and removal from office was also included in the Constitution to provide a means of removing any official convicted of high crimes and misdemeanors.

I have despised how leftist members of the court have at times twisted the letter and intent of the Constitution and other law and presumed to insert their own intent and law, an authority the Founders never intended for any court.

But kudos to all members who rightfully protect their autonomy from the whims, partisanship, demands of Congress and/or the President.
Apparently you missed the part about checks and balances in middle school.

Apparently you missed the part about checks and balances in middle school.
The check and balance is impeachment as I said. No branch of the federal government is intended to have any authority over another branch of the federal government.

And I am quite certain that would be your argument and the other leftists if the court had a majority of leftists on it and there was a GOP majority in Congress. I hope hope hope you have the integrity to admit that.

Because what is being said about him isn't an impeachable offense.
He has violated reporting requirements MULTIPLE times. He has had an entirely inappropriate relationship with a billionaire.

If one of the liberal judges had a similar relationship with George Soros, all of your head would explode.

What part of High Crimes and MISDEMEANORS do you not understand?

If a man is too retarded to understand simple disclosure requirements, how in the fuck is he going to know how to interpret the Constitution?

He has violated reporting requirements MULTIPLE times. He has had an entirely inappropriate relationship with a billionaire.

If one of the liberal judges had a similar relationship with George Soros, all of your head would explode.

Impeach him.

I'm sure they have similar issues, and I'm sure the MSM is gleefully covering for them.

None of what he is doing is a crime. At most they are reporting issues.

For a supposed "non SJW" you sure have a hard on for the supposed "Uncle Tom" Thomas.

Forum List

Back