All 9 Supreme Court justices push back on oversight

My oh my! I wonder what the left think about this. Apparently all 9 justices, which includes the staunch liberals, aren't in favor of SC oversight.

There's no conservative-liberal divide on the U.S. Supreme Court when it comes to calls for a new, enforceable ethics code.

All nine justices, in a rare step, on Tuesday released a joint statement reaffirming their voluntary adherence to a general code of conduct but rebutting proposals for independent oversight, mandatory compliance with ethics rules and greater transparency in cases of recusal.

"Let us take our bribes in peace"

Went completely over your head didn’t it?

It has nothing to do with the publics opinion of their decision but the publics view of the integrity of those who make the decision

Thomas ruling on a case related to election fraud while his wife lobbies that the election was stolen

Thomas accepting expensive gifts and vacations from a major partisan donor without reporting them

Kavanaugh and Barrett replying that they honor court precedent related to Roe during confirmation and then ignoring that precedent the first chance they got

Not the acts of a court concerned with ethics or credibility

Where does it say that a wife's occupation is relevant as a reason for recusal? Oh, it only exists in your imagination.

Who should he have reported it to as there is no valid reason to do so?

Honoring precedent does not prevent a case from being overturned.

100% correct.

The SCOTUS has no power at all other than their words.

If they lose the respect of the country, then there is no reason for anyone to follow their rulings.
haha people don’t follow court orders because they respect the court…they follow the orders because if not the executive branch of govt locks them up. It’s true the executive branch could simply not do their job, we’d be in a constitutional crisis and it would essentially be a coup but it’s possible and something i foresee in the future so long as the demafasict are around

i agree people can ignore it all they way…countries throughout history have ignored their constitutions

it’s become more snd more apparently the demafasict party intend to do just that

Both parties are doing it, thus the problems we face in our country.

But your beloved party is more important to you than the country, so your party gets a free pass

Both parties are doing it, thus the problems we face in our country.

But your beloved party is more important to you than the country, so your party gets a free pass
really what republican has not enforced a judical ruling?

The country has never had to agree with their ruling to still have respect for the institution. There have always been rulings people did not agree with. This is not about their rulings, this is about the fact they just said they do not need any ethics rules.

Everyone should be bothered by this
LOL. I know you believe that. Face the facts, when the left don't like the Court's rulings they don't have faith in the Court.

LOL. I know you believe that. Face the facts, when the left don't like the Court's rulings they don't have faith in the Court.

This should not be a left vs right issue. Ethics among our Justices should be something we all care about.

But you cannot remove yourself from the left vs right. It is all you know, it is your whole world.

Went completely over your head didn’t it?

It has nothing to do with the publics opinion of their decision but the publics view of the integrity of those who make the decision

Thomas ruling on a case related to election fraud while his wife lobbies that the election was stolen

Thomas accepting expensive gifts and vacations from a major partisan donor without reporting them

Kavanaugh and Barrett replying that they honor court precedent related to Roe during confirmation and then ignoring that precedent the first chance they got

Not the acts of a court concerned with ethics or credibility
None of this Clarence Thomas stuff was around during the RvW ruling and leftists claim they didn't have faith in the Court then because they didn't like the ruling. Kind of makes your statement nothing but a piece of partisan shit. When the left don't agree with the Court, they don't have faith in the Court.

This should not be a left vs right issue. Ethics among our Justices should be something we all care about.

But you cannot remove yourself from the left vs right. It is all you know, it is your whole world.
this isn’t about ethics. This is about the left’s hate of a black man on the court they can’t control

if it were about ethics the charge wouldn’t be run by dems in the house under ethics investigations them selves

None of this Clarence Thomas stuff was around during the RvW ruling and leftists claim they didn't have faith in the Court then because they didn't like the ruling. Kind of makes your statement nothing but a piece of partisan shit. When the left don't agree with the Court, they don't have faith in the Court.

Roe V Wade was nearly unanimous. It was a bipartisan decision

None of the judges had a wife lobbying for or against the issue
None of the judges had accepted expensive gifts from a donor
None of the judges during conformation had spoken of respecting precedence on the issue

GG has zero knowledge of the Constitution. He was a Marine, so he probably was eating crayons when they taught about it in high school.
Well you've spent so much time telling me how clueless, ignorant, and stupid I am yesterday and today, it almost makes me want to defend him. I don't know what knowledge he has. I just know he was wrong on that particular point.

None of the judges during conformation had spoken of respecting precedence on the issue
actually yes some of the judges took gifts from donors…heck the chief judge was a career politician before taking the spot…he was rewarded by eisenhower for all his campaign help with the job.

i should hope all the justices always said they’d respect precedence…what’s your point?

I was talking about the recent decision. When the left disagree with the Court they don't have faith in it. To put it more simply, if the Court makes decisions based on the law instead of public opinion, then the public doesn't have faith in the Court. In order for the Court to have the faith of the public, they must decide cases by public opinion, to hell with the laws.

Well you've spent so much time telling me how clueless, ignorant, and stupid I am yesterday and today, it almost makes me want to defend him. I don't know what knowledge he has. I just know he was wrong on that particular point.
I am sorry you feel that way, but you were wrong on that issue and i proved it without a doubt. Suck it up buttercup!

Forum List

Back