All The News Anti-Palestinian Posters Will Not Read Or Discuss

What attacks?
from the link I provided:

In addition to Nasser’s verbal threats, Israel was under attack by Arab terrorists. In 1965, 35 raids were conducted against Israel. In 1966, the number increased to 41. In just the first four months of 1967, 37 attacks were launched.12

Meanwhile, Syria’s attacks on Israeli kibbutzim from the Golan Heights provoked a retaliatory strike on April 7, 1967, during which Israeli planes shot down six Syrian MiGs.

In the old days conquest was considered a legitimate means of acquiring territory. Since the advent of international law it has become illegal. In the US, Canada, etc. it was not illegal. For Israel it was illegal.

BTW, conquerors cannot be considered native or indigenous.
Sadly, that doesn't answer my questions as Israel wasn't established by conquest but by international acclimation after being partitioned by the ruling force. The areas conquered during a defensive war are not illegal under international law.

But back to my questions, what if the conquerers had, themselves, been conquered when they were native? Shouldn't they have memorial claim? Who determines at what date we call a people indigenous?

Egypt was not attacking Israel!
Besides the closing of the straits (which was an act of war) there was the demand that UN peace keeping forces leave, there was also this statement, "As of today, there no longer exists an international emergency force to protect Israel. We shall exercise patience no more. We shall not complain anymore to the UN about Israel. The sole method we shall apply against Israel is total war, which will result in the extermination of Zionist existence"

Besides the closing of the straits (which was an act of war) there was the demand that UN peace keeping forces leave, there was also this statement, "As of today, there no longer exists an international emergency force to protect Israel. We shall exercise patience no more. We shall not complain anymore to the UN about Israel. The sole method we shall apply against Israel is total war, which will result in the extermination of Zionist existence"
The closing of the Straits was not an act of war against Israel. Israeli tanks rolling into Egypt was an act of war. And there is nothing you can say to change this one historical fact! Everybody makes excuses for Israeli behavior. Well, not me! Fuck Israel! You don't deserve a country! You got one, but you don't deserve it!

Sadly, that doesn't answer my questions as Israel wasn't established by conquest but by international acclimation after being partitioned by the ruling force. The areas conquered during a defensive war are not illegal under international law.

But back to my questions, what if the conquerers had, themselves, been conquered when they were native? Shouldn't they have memorial claim? Who determines at what date we call a people indigenous?
Israel wasn't established by conquest but by international acclimation after being partitioned by the ruling force.
No it wasn't.
Who determines at what date we call a people indigenous?
A better question is who belongs to a territory or society. People move around all the time and intermix all the time. It would be impossible to separate all of that out.

However, belonging is a two part question.
  1. A person goes to a place to become a member of a society.
  2. That person is accepted as a member of that society.
If these two things are met, he becomes a member of that society. If they are not, he does not belong there.

No it wasn't.
well, that's not really persuasive in light of history.
A better question is who belongs to a territory or society. People move around all the time and intermix all the time. It would be impossible to separate all of that out.

However, belonging is a two part question.
  1. A person goes to a place to become a member of a society.
  2. That person is accepted as a member of that society.
If these two things are met, he becomes a member of that society. If they are not, he does not belong there.
defining society is not very useful here. I appreciate what you wrote but it doesn't address anything I wondered about.

The closing of the Straits was not an act of war against Israel.
Sure it was. It was casus belli under international law. Learn some history.
Israeli tanks rolling into Egypt was an act of war. And there is nothing you can say to change this one historical fact! Everybody makes excuses for Israeli behavior. Well, not me! Fuck Israel! You don't deserve a country! You got one, but you don't deserve it!
You can't just stamp your feet and think that that changes history and international law. Have fun trying, though.

well, that's not really persuasive in light of history.

defining society is not very useful here. I appreciate what you wrote but it doesn't address anything I wondered about.
It separates the immigrants from the invaders.

Your link doesn't work.

I have done a lot of reading on this topic and nothing changes the fact that Israeli tanks rolled into Egypt to start the war.
the link works just fine for me. Nothing changes the fact that there was an act of war before Israel rolled tanks anywhere.

Forum List

Back