Alleged Apalachee Shooter Was Known to FBI, Made Threats Last Year

Zincwarrior

If the FBI can trace the threats to the boy then he should have been picked up and locked away till cleared by mental health doctors

This twisted little monster fell through the cracks and someone in authority must be punished for incompetence

No, I just know that people have ups and downs. I also know peope lie and can fool psychologists.

People may be fine today, but not so fine a year from now.
So the shrinks want to be paid but not held accountable?

If so they need to find a new line of work

How did he get into the school after threats? Maybe an ankle bracelet tied to local law enforcement? Not my job to figure it out. Lock up the school. Protect the kids. Priority #1 about 5-10 years ago.
I don't know? The threats were over a year ago? This might have even been a junior high, at the time...this is now his high school.

I agree the school should have metal detectors, and armed guards and whatever else needed to keep the children safe.

Threats that draw the attention of federal law enforcement are not so vague.
Sure they can be. Else they would have been there with handcuffs instead of questions.

Try it. Post on Facebook to the effect of, "I kind of feel like killing a president."

You will probably get a visit.

If the authorities did not find a credible threat, why do you think a red flag law would have accomplished anything?
They would have let a mental health professional make that decision, instead of their own unprofessional opinion on mental health assessment in this situation.

They would have let a mental health professional make that decision, instead of their own unprofessional opinion on mental health assessment in this situation.
And red flag laws are precautionary by nature.

They would exist to help in situations where law enforcement doesn't have cause to toss someone in jail and keep them there until a trial. If we could do that, we wouldn't need a red flag laws. No guns in jail.

So they will have to be wielded as precautionary. They will have to be executed before and without any final diagnosis or criminal charge.

Sure they can be. Else they would have been there with handcuffs instead of questions.

Try it. Post on Facebook to the effect of, "I kind of feel like killing a president."

You will probably get a visit.
You try it for us. Let us know if law enforcement considers the threat to be vague. Their visit suggests it's not all that vague.

"Next time someone cuts me off in traffic, I will kill them."

Prosecutable? Nope.
Dont be so sure about that

If its posted online whoever made the threats can be held accountable
You seem confused as to what their job is.

What it isnt: royal decrees on humans that are binding until Gehenna
i remember gov ducakas weekend furlough program

A certain prisoner told the shrinks that if he ever got out even for a day he would kill his wife

They released him anyway and he murdered her

They should be emptying bedpans from then on
but probably didnt even get a repremand

The two are not necessarily linked, as it is entirely possible for law enforcement to make the determination that there's no credible threat w/o taking someone to see a shrink - and if that determination is taken to a court. the judge will almost certainly either refuse to issue the order to seize firearms, or issue an order to return them.

Zincwarrior

If the FBI can trace the threats to the boy then he should have been picked up and locked away till cleared by mental health doctors

This twisted little monster fell through the cracks and someone in authority must be punished for incompetence
He didn't fall through the cracks. They have no legal capacity in Georgia to do what you say.

So I was right about you being a Trumpie. It's so weird that Trump chose the venue and requested secret service snipers. Other former presidents don't have snipers on their secret service detail.

What the hell are you blabbering about? We have two choices for a realistic vote, because someone chooses Trump doesn't make them a ""Trumpie " it's an alternative for something that hasn't worked for four years. Biden/Harris is an unadulterated disaster

Forum List

Back