Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

Shows how hollow the Trump economy is

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,

well

taking the conservative role......

those people should all work 2 or 3 jobs (and never see their families) OR they should all become CEO's of big companies!

there...problem solved.

If 1/2 the people worked 3 or 4 or 5 jobs and the other half were all rich CEOs everything would be hunky dunky!

If you have to work 3, 4, or 5 jobs to support your family, then maybe it's not the wages that are the problem. Maybe the problem is you had a family you could never support in the first place.

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,
And your point is? That's right, you never HAVE a point. Go take a nap, you old fart.
He made a very good point. You are obviously too thick to get it.

How does this correlate with Trump or his actions?

international tourism TO the USA is in decline

The Trump Slump Hits U.S. Tourism

I've read reports of foreigners saying they wouldn't "feel safe" here, what with the rise of right wing fascism

And this is why our growth is so slow...

well

those people should all work 2 or 3 jobs (and never see their families) OR they should all become CEO's of big companies!

there...problem solved.

If 1/2 the people worked 3 or 4 or 5 jobs and the other half were all rich CEOs everything would be hunky dunky!

If you have to work 3, 4, or 5 jobs to support your family, then maybe it's not the wages that are the problem. Maybe the problem is you had a family you could never support in the first place.
We need some children to pay for them baby boomers.

well

there...problem solved.

That doesn't mean you should have children you could never afford, and then bitch about how your employer doesn't pay you enough to support them.

well

there...problem solved.

That doesn't mean you should have children you could never afford, and then bitch about how your employer doesn't pay you enough to support them.
Anyone working multiple jobs with a family probably deserves good pay. But you righties think only ceos deserve good pay and our growing inequality keeps our economy slow...

well

there...problem solved.

Anyone working multiple jobs with a family probably deserves good pay. But you righties think only ceos deserve good pay and our growing inequality keeps our economy slow...

What's with this "deserve" nonsense? Nobody opens up a business based on what employees deserve. They open up a business to provide products or services at a profit.

Solution to low wage problems? Open up your own business and pay more.

I have a widget factory. I pay my employees on average $12.00 per hour. You despise what I pay my employees because it's not a livable wage. Then what you need to do is open up your own widget company, pay your employees $19.00 an hour, and problem solved.

Now when we go to customers to sell our widgets, who do you think is going to buy yours? Nobody. Why? Because I produce my widgets much cheaper than yours.

well

there...problem solved.

What's with this "deserve" nonsense? Nobody opens up a business based on what employees deserve. They open up a business to provide products or services at a profit.

I have a widget factory. I pay my employees on average $12.00 per hour. You despise what I pay my employees because it's not a livable wage. Then what you need to do is open up your own widget company, pay your employees $19.00 an hour, and problem solved.

Now when we go to customers to sell our widgets, who do you think is going to buy yours? Nobody. Why? Because I produce my widgets much cheaper than yours.
You have a great imagination, You live in the past. We have an economy filled with near monopolies . The winners get corporate welfare. Your widgets moved to China. You always crack me up.

We saw this coming when Trump gave his $1.5 trillion tax cut with a 40 percent cut in Corporate tax rates

Very little managed to trickle down to the workers
The trump tax cut is not the problem

Imports from china a mexico are the reason Americans are struggling

Along with our piss pour education system

You have a great imagination, You live in the past. We have an economy filled with near monopolies . The winners get corporate welfare. Your widgets moved to China. You always crack me up.

Now you are starting to understand. Yes, my widgets could move to China if I can't afford American wages and taxation. That's what's been happening since the 70's. As unions got more greedy, businesses moved away from them, even to the point out of the country.

So I have no idea where you dream up that the solution is to go back in time, and replicate what caused this problem in the first place.

We saw this coming when Trump gave his $1.5 trillion tax cut with a 40 percent cut in Corporate tax rates

Very little managed to trickle down to the workers
The trump tax cut is not the problem

Imports from china a mexico are the reason Americans are struggling

Along with our piss pour education system
The trump tax cuts aren’t helping anything, just growing our debt.

Now you are starting to understand. Yes, my widgets could move to China if I can't afford American wages and taxation. That's what's been happening since the 70's. As unions got more greedy, businesses moved away from them, even to the point out of the country.

So I have no idea where you dream up that the solution is to go back in time, and replicate what caused this problem in the first place.
Ah those greedy unions and our strong economic growth. That was so horrible. But ceos should make insane amounts shipping off jobs right? You are a funny one.

Ah those greedy unions and our strong economic growth. That was so horrible. But ceos should make insane amounts shipping off jobs right? You are a funny one.

Just curious...

do you have the same problem with Union leaders making millions of dollars a year that you do with CEOs making millions a year?

I too oppose Trump's tariffs.

Just curious...

do you have the same problem with Union leaders making millions of dollars a year that you do with CEOs making millions a year?
Yes. What we need is workers making strong wages. That’s the cure for our slow economy. And unions seem to be the only way for that to happen.

I love how you on the left always excoriate businesses. Back to the widget factory analogy: You and I own widget factories. We both need a highly talented and rare person to operate our finances, manage operations, oversee sales, and get new business.

So one comes along and applies to your company. He or she has a long history of success; taking companies that were just about to close, and making them profitable again, drawing new investors that allowed for expansion, reducing waste and adding productivity. This CEO wants 5 million a year. You refuse to pay that amount.

So now that CEO comes to my company, and I agree to pay him the 5 mil a year. Now he gets to work, and eventually takes your customers and brings them to my company. That's the reason I pay him 5 million a year, because he can make my company 10 million dollars more profitable a year.

Forum List

Back