Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

We saw this coming when Trump gave his $1.5 trillion tax cut with a 40 percent cut in Corporate tax rates

Very little managed to trickle down to the workers
The trump tax cut is not the problem

Imports from china a mexico are the reason Americans are struggling

Along with our piss pour education system
The trump tax cuts aren’t helping anything, just growing our debt.
They lower the cost of doing business and put more money in consumers hands

But repubs and dem swamp rats have bloated the federal government and its excess spending that is growing our debt

Anyone working multiple jobs with a family probably deserves good pay. But you righties think only ceos deserve good pay and our growing inequality keeps our economy slow...

What's with this "deserve" nonsense? Nobody opens up a business based on what employees deserve. They open up a business to provide products or services at a profit.

Solution to low wage problems? Open up your own business and pay more.

I have a widget factory. I pay my employees on average $12.00 per hour. You despise what I pay my employees because it's not a livable wage. Then what you need to do is open up your own widget company, pay your employees $19.00 an hour, and problem solved.

Now when we go to customers to sell our widgets, who do you think is going to buy yours? Nobody. Why? Because I produce my widgets much cheaper than yours.
You have a great imagination, You live in the past. We have an economy filled with near monopolies . The winners get corporate welfare. Your widgets moved to China. You always crack me up.

Now you are starting to understand. Yes, my widgets could move to China if I can't afford American wages and taxation. That's what's been happening since the 70's. As unions got more greedy, businesses moved away from them, even to the point out of the country.

So I have no idea where you dream up that the solution is to go back in time, and replicate what caused this problem in the first place.
Ah those greedy unions and our strong economic growth. That was so horrible. But ceos should make insane amounts shipping off jobs right? You are a funny one.

Just curious...

do you have the same problem with Union leaders making millions of dollars a year that you do with CEOs making millions a year?
What union leaders make millions of dollars a year? (not that I'm a union man)

What's with this "deserve" nonsense? Nobody opens up a business based on what employees deserve. They open up a business to provide products or services at a profit.

I have a widget factory. I pay my employees on average $12.00 per hour. You despise what I pay my employees because it's not a livable wage. Then what you need to do is open up your own widget company, pay your employees $19.00 an hour, and problem solved.

Now when we go to customers to sell our widgets, who do you think is going to buy yours? Nobody. Why? Because I produce my widgets much cheaper than yours.
You have a great imagination, You live in the past. We have an economy filled with near monopolies . The winners get corporate welfare. Your widgets moved to China. You always crack me up.

Now you are starting to understand. Yes, my widgets could move to China if I can't afford American wages and taxation. That's what's been happening since the 70's. As unions got more greedy, businesses moved away from them, even to the point out of the country.

So I have no idea where you dream up that the solution is to go back in time, and replicate what caused this problem in the first place.
Ah those greedy unions and our strong economic growth. That was so horrible. But ceos should make insane amounts shipping off jobs right? You are a funny one.

Just curious...

do you have the same problem with Union leaders making millions of dollars a year that you do with CEOs making millions a year?

Union Leaders & CEO Salaries -- Union Leaders Earn More | National Review

Anyone working multiple jobs with a family probably deserves good pay. But you righties think only ceos deserve good pay and our growing inequality keeps our economy slow...

I love how you on the left always excoriate businesses. Back to the widget factory analogy: You and I own widget factories. We both need a highly talented and rare person to operate our finances, manage operations, oversee sales, and get new business.

So one comes along and applies to your company. He or she has a long history of success; taking companies that were just about to close, and making them profitable again, drawing new investors that allowed for expansion, reducing waste and adding productivity. This CEO wants 5 million a year. You refuse to pay that amount.

So now that CEO comes to my company, and I agree to pay him the 5 mil a year. Now he gets to work, and eventually takes your customers and brings them to my company. That's the reason I pay him 5 million a year, because he can make my company 10 million dollars more profitable a year.
That is some imagination you have Ray, ceo pay is not based on performance. You still think this is capitalism? Too funny.

Just curious...

Not exactly millions:

These same union leaders who criticize the salaries of CEOs earned on average $252,370 in 2016 — nearly $60,000 more than their private-sector counterparts.

Higher. inequality and upward Mobility just keeps getting worse and worse because of GOP tax rates, a giveaway to the rich and a screw job for everyone else. only brainwashed ignoramuses make this possible. 4 30 years now. Because of reconciliation and filibuster rules written by the GOP oh, it take 60 votes for reform but only 51 to cut taxes on the rich and services for everyone else. Great job.

Once again it seems that you "FORGOT" to provide your reliable source and working link.

I am shocked, SHOCKED I SAY!

HystericallyLaughingmanandboy-Th.gif

Yes yes, super duper, everyone just magically got lazy. Has nothing to do with lack of opportunity and ridiculously high-priced education and training. No sacrifice is too great to save the rich from paying taxes -and Giant corporations. Thanks GOP and silly dupes.
hqdefault-S.jpg

I love how you on the left always excoriate businesses. Back to the widget factory analogy: You and I own widget factories. We both need a highly talented and rare person to operate our finances, manage operations, oversee sales, and get new business.

So one comes along and applies to your company. He or she has a long history of success; taking companies that were just about to close, and making them profitable again, drawing new investors that allowed for expansion, reducing waste and adding productivity. This CEO wants 5 million a year. You refuse to pay that amount.

So now that CEO comes to my company, and I agree to pay him the 5 mil a year. Now he gets to work, and eventually takes your customers and brings them to my company. That's the reason I pay him 5 million a year, because he can make my company 10 million dollars more profitable a year.
That's all just theory or daydreaming, in practice how has that worked out for you?

That's all just theory or daydreaming, in practice how has that worked out for you?
He’s a truck driver... with some imagination.

He’s a truck driver... with some imagination.
Figures...

Most of these ideas are just people approximating that such and such a change or action will affect such and such a thing in some way or another, based on some axiom held to on faith.

Not a real example of it occurring in practice outside of pure speculation. And typically just an idea which was popularized via some medium of propaganda or another, as opposed to actual books.

(As an entrepreneur, I've read quite a few, such as "Corporate Tides", and some of Richard Templar's works - they're interesting fellows with quite a mind, and I'm sure they don't operate as simply as in some people's wishful thinking).

I'm not a business owner......well, if you exclude my apartments. But what I do know is no company pays an employee simply because they can score good on the back 9, or because they have a huge office with a putting green they need to occupy. That's all in the movies.

CEO's are not all paid mutli-millions of dollars, and often switch jobs, do a lot of traveling, and uprooting themselves and families several times in their career. Like sports figures, they get paid by their records, and expectation of what they can do for a new company they enter.

People who say CEO's are paid too much never try to be a CEO themselves. Why is that?

He is an idiot. He thinks there are only low paying jobs and high paying jobs. He does not realize there is a middle between those two things.
Yep, more binary thinking.

Nothing in the middle. As in middle class.

And this is why GDP growth is so low despite the unemployment rate.

It's right there, sitting right there, in front of us.

always-S.jpg

Just curious...

Not exactly millions:

These same union leaders who criticize the salaries of CEOs earned on average $252,370 in 2016 — nearly $60,000 more than their private-sector counterparts.

But the AFL-CIO report neglected to include the average salary for all CEOs in the U.S. in 2016, which, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, was $194,350. These same union leaders who criticize the salaries of CEOs earned on average $252,370 in 2016 — nearly $60,000 more than their private-sector counterparts.

It was only in the third paragraph of my link.

I'm not a business owner......well, if you exclude my apartments. But what I do know is no company pays an employee simply because they can score good on the back 9, or because they have a huge office with a putting green they need to occupy. That's all in the movies.

CEO's are not all paid mutli-millions of dollars, and often switch jobs, do a lot of traveling, and uprooting themselves and families several times in their career. Like sports figures, they get paid by their records, and expectation of what they can do for a new company they enter.

People who say CEO's are paid too much never try to be a CEO themselves. Why is that?
And it shows you don’t work in business...

Just curious...

Not exactly millions:

But the AFL-CIO report neglected to include the average salary for all CEOs in the U.S. in 2016, which, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, was $194,350. These same union leaders who criticize the salaries of CEOs earned on average $252,370 in 2016 — nearly $60,000 more than their private-sector counterparts.

It was only in the third paragraph of my link.
Anyone can start a company and be a ceo,

That is some imagination you have Ray, ceo pay is not based on performance. You still think this is capitalism? Too funny.

Of course it's based on performance. Since you live in movie land, do tell, why would a company pay a person millions and millions of dollars.....based on what???

Shows how hollow the Trump economy is

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,
How many of those are part time jobs?

Shows how hollow the Trump economy is

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,

Ok, what would Democrats’ plan be to change that? They WANT to eliminate the Trump tax cuts but how will they do that and keep UE low while raising wages?

This article and your share of it is simply class warfare. It accomplishes nothing except for those vested into transforming this Nation into yet another failed Socialist country.
Is it class warfare to point out a growing disconnect between the compensation of workers and the profits of employers?

No, it is class warfare to pretend it is a some evil plan of the rich, that just started under the new rich guy,

while ignoring the actual causes that go back to the early 70s.

You could lynch Trump and implement your socialist utopia, and the trends would not change in the slightest.
It is an evil plan of the rich

Maintain a lowly paid workforce that is afraid to lose their jobs
Abolish unions and make each employee fend for themselves

Yes, comrade Marx, we must kill the evil rich and the evil Joooooos
Nobody said anything about killing

Only make them contribute to society at levels like they did before Reagan

Forum List

Back