Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

You have a great imagination, You live in the past. We have an economy filled with near monopolies . The winners get corporate welfare. Your widgets moved to China. You always crack me up.

Now you are starting to understand. Yes, my widgets could move to China if I can't afford American wages and taxation. That's what's been happening since the 70's. As unions got more greedy, businesses moved away from them, even to the point out of the country.

So I have no idea where you dream up that the solution is to go back in time, and replicate what caused this problem in the first place.
Ah those greedy unions and our strong economic growth. That was so horrible. But ceos should make insane amounts shipping off jobs right? You are a funny one.

I love how you on the left always excoriate businesses. Back to the widget factory analogy: You and I own widget factories. We both need a highly talented and rare person to operate our finances, manage operations, oversee sales, and get new business.

So one comes along and applies to your company. He or she has a long history of success; taking companies that were just about to close, and making them profitable again, drawing new investors that allowed for expansion, reducing waste and adding productivity. This CEO wants 5 million a year. You refuse to pay that amount.

So now that CEO comes to my company, and I agree to pay him the 5 mil a year. Now he gets to work, and eventually takes your customers and brings them to my company. That's the reason I pay him 5 million a year, because he can make my company 10 million dollars more profitable a year.
That is some imagination you have Ray, ceo pay is not based on performance. You still think this is capitalism? Too funny.

Of course it's based on performance. Since you live in movie land, do tell, why would a company pay a person millions and millions of dollars.....based on what???
Why did they pay hunter Biden? You live in fantasy land kid, shit happens in the business world all the time. Corps are loaded with useless kids of rich parents.

Shows how hollow the Trump economy is

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,
17% of all workers are only part time

so only 27% of people who work full time make 18K or less a year

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,

Only?

Only?

Yeah only.

You have a great imagination, You live in the past. We have an economy filled with near monopolies . The winners get corporate welfare. Your widgets moved to China. You always crack me up.

Now you are starting to understand. Yes, my widgets could move to China if I can't afford American wages and taxation. That's what's been happening since the 70's. As unions got more greedy, businesses moved away from them, even to the point out of the country.

So I have no idea where you dream up that the solution is to go back in time, and replicate what caused this problem in the first place.
Ah those greedy unions and our strong economic growth. That was so horrible. But ceos should make insane amounts shipping off jobs right? You are a funny one.

Just curious...

do you have the same problem with Union leaders making millions of dollars a year that you do with CEOs making millions a year?
What union leaders make millions of dollars a year? (not that I'm a union man)

Union Leaders & CEO Salaries -- Union Leaders Earn More | National Review
Ah ray,
Union Facts| AFL-CIO | Leaders, Employees, and Salaries

Try for a little self disclosure, and … airline pilots. LOL

And I'm not a union man, but I try for a little honesty, unlike half baked

Just curious...

do you have the same problem with Union leaders making millions of dollars a year that you do with CEOs making millions a year?

Not exactly millions:

These same union leaders who criticize the salaries of CEOs earned on average $252,370 in 2016 — nearly $60,000 more than their private-sector counterparts.

But the AFL-CIO report neglected to include the average salary for all CEOs in the U.S. in 2016, which, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, was $194,350. These same union leaders who criticize the salaries of CEOs earned on average $252,370 in 2016 — nearly $60,000 more than their private-sector counterparts.

It was only in the third paragraph of my link.
Anyone can start a company and be a ceo,

Sure they can, but how many actually do? The point being that union bosses are extremely well paid, and probably don't have a quarter of education and experience that a CEO does. But you people on the left never complain about pay with your own people.

Let me ask: Do you think it's proper that a star pitcher make 6 million a year, while the beer vendor makes ten bucks an hour, or the popcorn man, or the parking lot attendant? Do you think it's fair when the baseball team owner makes more than all of them combined?

I was a fan of the show Big Bang Theory. So I looked up some information about the cast. Turns out the star actors and actresses on that show earned a million dollars an episode. Plus they get other residuals such as rerun money on other networks. How much work goes into making a half-hour show when you exclude commercials? They work about ten minutes an episode each.

So how much is the lighting crew paid, the hair dressers, the makeup artists, the stage crew?

But you people on the left have no problem going to a basketball game or movie. Those are multi-millionaire you approve of.

Only?

Yeah only.
No wonder the economy so slow..

Not exactly millions:

These same union leaders who criticize the salaries of CEOs earned on average $252,370 in 2016 — nearly $60,000 more than their private-sector counterparts.

But the AFL-CIO report neglected to include the average salary for all CEOs in the U.S. in 2016, which, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, was $194,350. These same union leaders who criticize the salaries of CEOs earned on average $252,370 in 2016 — nearly $60,000 more than their private-sector counterparts.

Sure they can, but how many actually do? The point being that union bosses are extremely well paid, and probably don't have a quarter of education and experience that a CEO does. But you people on the left never complain about pay with your own people.

Let me ask: Do you think it's proper that a star pitcher make 6 million a year, while the beer vendor makes ten bucks an hour, or the popcorn man, or the parking lot attendant? Do you think it's fair when the baseball team owner makes more than all of them combined?

I was a fan of the show Big Bang Theory. So I looked up some information about the cast. Turns out the star actors and actresses on that show earned a million dollars an episode. Plus they get other residuals such as rerun money on other networks. How much work goes into making a half-hour show when you exclude commercials? They work about ten minutes an episode each.

So how much is the lighting crew paid, the hair dressers, the makeup artists, the stage crew?

But you people on the left have no problem going to a basketball game or movie. Those are multi-millionaire you approve of.
And they get workers better pay and don’t ship jobs off to China. So awful.

Only?

Yeah only.

Anyone can get a better paying job if they try.

If you're making 18K a year for full time work then you either have no skills, or you don't want to acquire any skills

Only?

Yeah only.

If you're making 18K a year for full time work then you either have no skills, or you don't want to acquire any skills
You have some imagination.

Only?

Yeah only.

No I have advanced degrees from the school of hard knocks

That’s clearly not worth much.

I love how you on the left always excoriate businesses. Back to the widget factory analogy: You and I own widget factories. We both need a highly talented and rare person to operate our finances, manage operations, oversee sales, and get new business.

So one comes along and applies to your company. He or she has a long history of success; taking companies that were just about to close, and making them profitable again, drawing new investors that allowed for expansion, reducing waste and adding productivity. This CEO wants 5 million a year. You refuse to pay that amount.

So now that CEO comes to my company, and I agree to pay him the 5 mil a year. Now he gets to work, and eventually takes your customers and brings them to my company. That's the reason I pay him 5 million a year, because he can make my company 10 million dollars more profitable a year.
That is some imagination you have Ray, ceo pay is not based on performance. You still think this is capitalism? Too funny.

Of course it's based on performance. Since you live in movie land, do tell, why would a company pay a person millions and millions of dollars.....based on what???
Why did they pay hunter Biden? You live in fantasy land kid, shit happens in the business world all the time. Corps are loaded with useless kids of rich parents.

Hunter has a father that's a political hack. Of course they hired Hunter for connections through his father. But that's extremely rare.

Companies, the kind that handle large sums of money like IRA's don't invest in companies with poor performance or shady operators. Their business is to make profit for their investors. They do the research to make sure their money is going to grow because that's how they get paid.

I doubt you'll find many American dollars invested in Burisma.

These idiot Moon Bats vote in Liberals that screw up the economy with failed Leftest economic policies of tax and spend, burdensome regulations and rob from the job producers then they wonder why there aren't more jobs.

Just look at Democrat controlled California a an example. High taxation tremendous regulation and the most poverty of any state. On a local level these Democrat controlled big cities are all shitholes.

The best way to get out of poverty is to stop electing Left wing assholes to government.

Yeah only.

That’s clearly not worth much.

It certainly is.

Unlike you whiners I learned to make it on my own.

Not exactly millions:

And they get workers better pay and don’t ship jobs off to China. So awful.
I have seen libs argue that trade with china is good because it lifted millions of chinese out of poverty

They are completely out of touch with reality

This study is by the Brookings Institution a famous Liberal "Think Tank". The data has not been reviewed and is likely skewed to put a negative spin on the remarkably robust jobs economy.
Poor in America means you’ve got an iPhone 6 and your DVD player doesn’t play Blu Ray.

Hey!!!
I have an Iphone 6,does it being the plus make a difference?

Forum List

Back