Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

That’s because it’s filled with corruption. Crappy ceos stick around all the time.

So they got fired because they were full of corruption?
Will wonders never cease.....
Like you said, the workers know he was bad long before he was canned. Corruption protects them.

And incompetence exposes them.
You're thinking of the gov when it protects incompetent workers.
In the real world they get shit canned post haste because they have to answer to the stockholders.
Unlike union and gov workers.
In your own example the workers knew the CEO was bad long before he was canned. How stupid are you?

Holy fuck you're stupid!!!
You dont invest in a CEO and let him go on a whim.
Within minutes the idiot says the complete opposite:
herewegoagain
In the real world they get shit canned post haste because they have to answer to the stockholders.

herewegoagain
Holy fuck you're stupid!!!
You dont invest in a CEO and let him go on a whim

What a clown.

Shows how hollow the Trump economy is

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,
And your point is? That's right, you never HAVE a point. Go take a nap, you old fart.

I can't believe we're getting a lecture on work ethic from a guy who uses the idiot Ed Norton the sewer worker for an avatar.

Hey!! Ed was one of my heroes. Good clean dirt and an honest living; unlike most DemoKKKrats!!! Nazi wannabes every one of them!!!

The HONEYMOONERS!! Fantastic show!! Alice was cool.

Greg

Correct, and CEO's get fired all the time. I don't know if Crane's still has their magazine out, but in it, there are pages of CEO's who are going to other companies. Those pages are included in every issue. So it's happening all the time.

Agreed.
I worked for two companies that shit canned the CEO because they sucked.
Funny thing is we as workers saw it long before the powers that be did.
That’s because it’s filled with corruption. Crappy ceos stick around all the time.

Like you said, the workers know he was bad long before he was canned. Corruption protects them.

That has always been true. But when Reagan started the average CEO made 40 times an average worker. Now it's over 300 times. What the hell are you talking about anyway LOL?

Agreed.

That is always been true. But when Reagan starte the average CEO made 40 times an average worker. Now it's over 300 times. What the hell are you talking about anyway LOL?

Wages started stagnating, when we started importing Third World workers and exporting manufacturing jobs.

Let's reverse the policies that caused bad results.

Does saying that make me evul?

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,
And your point is? That's right, you never HAVE a point. Go take a nap, you old fart.

I can't believe we're getting a lecture on work ethic from a guy who uses the idiot Ed Norton the sewer worker for an avatar.

Hey!! Ed was one of my heroes. Good clean dirt and an honest living; unlike most DemoKKKrats!!! Nazi wannabes every one of them!!!

Greg

Well you got me there, podner. Democrats did work hard in the sewers back in the day but today, they are the sewer.

Greg
Nazis are right-wing fascist totalitarians brainwashed functional moron.

Agreed.

Actually, it was likely their contract that protected him. If you fire a worker under contract, you have to pay that contract win, lose or draw. Would you fire somebody that you had to pay anyway?
Yeah they let ceos keep damaging the company because of a contract... Most bad ceos get huge golden parachute deals. What world you in?

Even if the CEO isn't the best, it's better to have him working than paying him to not work, and finding another person who you will also have to pay.

Now if he's tanking the company, that's a different story than just not being good at the job.

Actually, it was likely their contract that protected him. If you fire a worker under contract, you have to pay that contract win, lose or draw. Would you fire somebody that you had to pay anyway?
Yeah they let ceos keep damaging the company because of a contract... Most bad ceos get huge golden parachute deals. What world you in?

Even if the CEO isn't the best, it's better to have him working than paying him to not work, and finding another person who you will also have to pay.

Now if he's tanking the company, that's a different story than just not being good at the job.
You really have no clue ray. It shows you haven't worked in business....

Neither do workers, probably even less so.

People have value, and nobody is going to pay somebody of little value a lot of money. They have to have value in some capacity. Conversely, nobody is going to overpay a worker either in most cases. CEO's, especially the best ones, are very rare; just as rare as that star quarterback, ace pitcher, beautiful and talented actress, or the great song writer. Because they are rare, they can make higher demands for compensation, because if you don't want to meet those demands, somebody else just might, and then those people get the talent.

In other words, take your job for instance. What if only you and a handful of people had the ability to do your job? What kind of money would you make? Well.....as long as you could produce profit for a company, you might be able to ask for millions a year, and companies would have no choice but to take it.
American CEOs claim to be rare. But they are no more rare than CEOs in international corporations. Yet, they are paid significantly higher.

Over the last three decades, American CEOs have seen significant increases in their compensation. Yet, American companies have not done significantly better
WHO-EARNS-WHAT-Business-7.jpeg

So what does employees pay have to do with what a CEO makes? It's totally irrelevant.
Not really
It relates to the distribution of company profit.
The workers used to get a larger slice of the pie. The amount of profit that goes to workers has decreased, while the amount going to executive compensation has increased

After enough time, corporations realized it was not a successful plan. Paying workers more money does not equal greater profit. Paying a CEO more money does.

Not necessarily.
It is the workers who are creating wealth.
CEOs move money around giving the illusion of wealth and profit while adding nothing of value

No RW it is not the 'workers' who create wealth. It's the company that is set up to go out and get clients, buy the necessary machines, tools, the sales team, the stockholders who fund the company and the CEO that steers the whole company into increasing profits. Your grade-school Marxist thinking is laughable. Lowering profits will most likely result in the firing of the CEO before any of the workers are fired.

Correct, I don't have a clue because I wasn't there. It has nothing to do with working in business. You don't know either. But why else would a company keep a guy around that isn't doing the best of jobs? What I do know is that CEO's are not hourly or salary workers. They are contract workers. So the only reasonable conclusion is they were going to not renew his contract, and let him continue working until that time. Companies do that all the time.

He will make more if he can force you and your coworkers to accept less

Our far left Trolls here, including rightwinger, but not limited to him including francoHFW, Dragonlady, georgephillips, Golfing Gator and others have avoided answering this question like the plague. I wonder why?

What is the average household income where one worker earns the minimum wage?

Too many unknown variables to be able to give a good answer.

The lowest minimum wage is $7.25 and the highest is $12 for an average of 9.625.

Assuming the average number of hours worked is 30 hours a week that is $288.75 a week. 52 weeks a year comes out to about $15,015 annually. If they work a full 40 hours it jumps up to $20,020.

Hope that helps you to make whatever stupid fucking point you are trying to make.

Correct, I don't have a clue because I wasn't there. It has nothing to do with working in business. You don't know either. But why else would a company keep a guy around that isn't doing the best of jobs? What I do know is that CEO's are not hourly or salary workers. They are contract workers. So the only reasonable conclusion is they were going to not renew his contract, and let him continue working until that time. Companies do that all the time.
You know nothing ray. Everything you say sounds like it came from a business college professor who also never worked in business. It's all fantasy, it's how it should be. The reality is that it's filled with corruption. Why do you think bad ceos get golden parachute deals?

7 CEOs with the biggest golden parachutes in tech and media

You know nothing ray. Everything you say sounds like it came from a business college professor who also never worked in business. It's all fantasy, it's how it should be. The reality is that it's filled with corruption. Why do you think bad ceos get golden parachute deals?

Because it's part of the deal they made and in their contract when they took the job.

you'll see when the Democrats get in and give us a living wage,

Like Clinton and Obama did?

Moron.
several of the democratic candidates are talking about using the nuclear option to break the corrupt total obstruction GOP log jam. the GOP passed reconciliation in 1974 so they can cut taxes on the rich with 51 votes in the Senate. Quite a scam. At any rate when we get anything good you can be sure it will be done by democrats.

the GOP passed reconciliation in 1974 so they can cut taxes on the rich

Dems controlled both the House and Senate in 1974, you stupid twat.
It was a republican idea and its meaning changed under Reagan... At any rate it is used for cutting taxes on the rich and screwing everyone else. Cuts in taxes and cuts in services great idea if you're a rich a******.

It was a republican idea

You said they passed it.

Were you lying? Or were you a moron?

At any rate it is used for cutting taxes on the rich and screwing everyone else.

If that's true, why didn't your useless Democrats change it since 1974?
Are they morons just like you?
Because for the billionth time you need 60 votes to do that. And 51 to cut taxes on the rich and services for the rest. Another GOP scam the GOP voters don't have any clue about....
Why didn't Obama raise taxes in the 2 years the democrats owned the federal government?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Because it's part of the deal they made and in their contract when they took the job.
And you can't see the corruption in that? I'm going to take this highly paid job and when you have to can me when I suck you are going to give me a huge payout. You are honestly oblivious to how the business world is loaded with corruption? CEOs get these sweet deals because boards are filled with other CEOs who also want sweet deals. It's a complete scam.

Agreed.

In your own example the workers knew the CEO was bad long before he was canned. How stupid are you?
The workers don't have any say in who the owners hire or fire.

If they were capable of running a business they wouldn't have been working the low level jobs

Agreed.

And none of that is any of your business

Agreed.

That has always been true. But when Reagan started the average CEO made 40 times an average worker. Now it's over 300 times. What the hell are you talking about anyway LOL?
And what other people get paid is none of your business

Pot meet kettle

And you can't see the corruption in that? I'm going to take this highly paid job and when you have to can me when I suck you are going to give me a huge payout. You are honestly oblivious to how the business world is loaded with corruption? CEOs get these sweet deals because boards are filled with other CEOs who also want sweet deals. It's a complete scam.
If it is in the contract it is not corruption

And even if it was corruption the decisions made by a business are none of your business

Forum List

Back