Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

If you're an illegal alien, you're a victim of American imperialism of Central and South America. CIA in South America | Geopolitical Monitor

say-S.jpg

Sure the people without insurance get Healthcare and then they have to pay for the rest of their lives or go bankrupt and lose everything.
Or got the charity hospital and get treated there
Where the hell is the Charity Hospital? And how big is the waiting list or how big is the raffle for that etc... LOL
They have in the deep red state I live in

Google Parkland Hospital

That is a non-profit hospital, not a charity hospital.
Call it what you want

They both amount to the same thing to patients who pay nothing
That is your stupid red State- it keeps these people hiding instead of being able to get insurance. That's the GOP unfair inhumane stupid system. Designed for racists to enjoy... Oops brainwashed functional racists if you prefer...

I believe one of the big problems we face, is most Americans in the market for a job are being forced into an entrepreneurial mode which they are not prepared for. They have to accept contract work or dead end jobs with few if any benefits and little hope that their employer's success will be shared with the employees. This is not what most people want in a job but they don't have much choice today. They owe their job to the fact that their employer is unable to replace them with a machine or ship their jobs overseas. The result is there is no employer or employee loyalty.

th%20%281%29-S.jpg

Help wanted: Too many jobs and not enough workers in most states
Tim Henderson, Stateline Published 8:00 a.m. CT Oct. 15, 2019 | Updated 7:10 p.m. CT Oct. 15, 2019

In 39 states, there are more jobs than people looking for them, according to a Stateline analysis of June hiring and employment data from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Here's why people are still in bad jobs:

Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract

Investing.com -- A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions.

The study shows that the jobs were temporary, contract positions, or part-time "gig" jobs in a variety of fields.

Female workers suffered most heavily in this economy, as work in traditionally feminine fields, like education and medicine, declined during the era.

The research by economists Lawrence Katz of Harvard University and Alan Krueger at Princeton University shows that the proportion of workers throughout the U.S., during the Obama era, who were working in these kinds of temporary jobs, increased from 10.7% of the population to 15.8%.

Krueger, a former chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, was surprised by the finding.

The disappearance of conventional full-time work, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. work, has hit every demographic. “Workers seeking full-time, steady work have lost,” said Krueger.

Under Obama, 1 million fewer workers, overall, are working than before the beginning of the Great Recession.

The outgoing president believes his administration was a net positive for workers, however.

"Since I signed Obamacare into law (in 2010), our businesses have added more than 15 million new jobs," said Obama, during his farewell press conference last Friday, covered by Investing.com.

ME: A little information for the lying Democrat bitches in this forum who try to say that Obama created as many jobs as Trump. Obama created worthless shit jobs that could not even support a single person. Trump is bringing back real jobs, manufacturing jobs, and an economic boom
The same as is today, most new jobs today are either contract jobs/temp jobs. Whenever we start to approach full employment, (under a 5% unemployment rate), new jobs are mostly contract workers. We are experiencing a tight labor market and in our 11th year of economic expansion in this business cycle. Under these conditions employers are hesitant to hire permanent full time workers.

I would strongly disagree with that. I spend my days in industrial areas. They are littered with HELP WANTED signs. It's not like they are up for a week or two, they stay up month after month.

The industries that mostly use temporary help are those looking for full-time workers. Their claim is that by using temp services, they can see how the potential employee will work out. Younger people today take a job, and quit it a few weeks or a month later. The theory is that if you can do the job for the crap money at the temp agency for several months, and do a good job besides, then chances are you will make a good full-time employee. So after a grace period, the company hires the temp from the temp service, and of course, they have to pay a fee for doing so.
Yes, temps do get hired into permanent full time position but most do not. I've worked as contract labor and hired contracted labor. It's a good option for employers who can't fill positions or need labor for short periods, It's good for employees who can't find work. The simple fact is that with the near full employment condition we have, employers don't want to hire marginal employees due to the tight labor market so they turn to contract to labor or temps.

For most employers the most desirable option is to eliminate the position through automation or belt tightening. If that won't work, shipping the jobs overseas is the next option. If that's not possible the employer considers contract labor or temps, and if all the above fails the employer fills the position with a full time permanent employee.

BTW, another option that many employers have is hiring college students into non-paid intern positions. The intern get's experience in their field and the employer get's free labor and the opportunity to hire if they like what they see.

That is not a Charity Hospital you have to pay, absolutely oblivious brainwashed functional moron LOL. Yes I looked at the website.

When did Medicaid stop being an alternative for low-income people?
there are many ridiculous scumbag red states where they don't have expanded medicaid. Cruel and unusual punishment and damn stupid....

Investing.com -- A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions.

The study shows that the jobs were temporary, contract positions, or part-time "gig" jobs in a variety of fields.

Female workers suffered most heavily in this economy, as work in traditionally feminine fields, like education and medicine, declined during the era.

The research by economists Lawrence Katz of Harvard University and Alan Krueger at Princeton University shows that the proportion of workers throughout the U.S., during the Obama era, who were working in these kinds of temporary jobs, increased from 10.7% of the population to 15.8%.

Krueger, a former chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, was surprised by the finding.

The disappearance of conventional full-time work, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. work, has hit every demographic. “Workers seeking full-time, steady work have lost,” said Krueger.

Under Obama, 1 million fewer workers, overall, are working than before the beginning of the Great Recession.

The outgoing president believes his administration was a net positive for workers, however.

"Since I signed Obamacare into law (in 2010), our businesses have added more than 15 million new jobs," said Obama, during his farewell press conference last Friday, covered by Investing.com.

ME: A little information for the lying Democrat bitches in this forum who try to say that Obama created as many jobs as Trump. Obama created worthless shit jobs that could not even support a single person. Trump is bringing back real jobs, manufacturing jobs, and an economic boom
The same as is today, most new jobs today are either contract jobs/temp jobs. Whenever we start to approach full employment, (under a 5% unemployment rate), new jobs are mostly contract workers. We are experiencing a tight labor market and in our 11th year of economic expansion in this business cycle. Under these conditions employers are hesitant to hire permanent full time workers.

I would strongly disagree with that. I spend my days in industrial areas. They are littered with HELP WANTED signs. It's not like they are up for a week or two, they stay up month after month.

The industries that mostly use temporary help are those looking for full-time workers. Their claim is that by using temp services, they can see how the potential employee will work out. Younger people today take a job, and quit it a few weeks or a month later. The theory is that if you can do the job for the crap money at the temp agency for several months, and do a good job besides, then chances are you will make a good full-time employee. So after a grace period, the company hires the temp from the temp service, and of course, they have to pay a fee for doing so.
Yes, temps do get hired into permanent full time position but most do not. I've worked as contract labor and hired contracted labor. It's a good option for employers who can't fill positions or need labor for short periods, It's good for employees who can't find work. The simple fact is that with the near full employment condition we have, employers don't want to hire marginal employees due to the tight labor market so they turn to contract to labor or temps.

For most employers the most desirable option is to eliminate the position through automation or belt tightening. If that won't work, shipping the jobs overseas is the next option. If that's not possible the employer considers contract labor or temps, and if all the above fails the employer fills the position with a full time permanent employee.

BTW, another option that many employers have is hiring college students into non-paid intern positions. The intern get's experience in their field and the employer get's free labor and the opportunity to hire if they like what they see.

There is not only a labor shortage in the private market alone, it's everywhere, even in temp services. We used to use a temp service to get fill in drivers. That pool dried up several years ago as the economy improved. So what my employer does now is train the straight truck drivers to become tractor-trailer drivers as a backup when one of us are ill or go on vacation.

The economic market has never been steadier. I know the Democrats are trying to talk us into a recession, but no evidence to support their repetitive claims, so industry welcomes full-time workers IF they can find any. The problem is they can't find people temps or full-time.

Where the hell is the Charity Hospital? And how big is the waiting list or how big is the raffle for that etc... LOL

Google Parkland Hospital
That is not a Charity Hospital you have to pay, absolutely oblivious brainwashed functional moron LOL. Yes I looked at the website.
If you can pay you dont go to Parkland

If you are an illegal alien about to drop an anchor baby you go to Parkland for free sevice
If you're an illegal alien, you're a victim of American imperialism of Central and South America. CIA in South America | Geopolitical Monitor
We all have our problems

Just stop bringing them to the US when you dont belong here
nobody is bringing them here, brainwashed functional moron.
so your whole country is a war zone because of the GOP never ending War on Drugs? Is global warming hitting you so hard that farms have just dried up like in Central America? These people have no choice and the GOP gives them an open invitation to come here get a fake ID work pay taxes buy a house get Healthcare etc etc etc. Great job! Sorry you don't get any actual news dummy whoops brain-washed functional dummy.

I believe one of the big problems we face, is most Americans in the market for a job are being forced into an entrepreneurial mode which they are not prepared for. They have to accept contract work or dead end jobs with few if any benefits and little hope that their employer's success will be shared with the employees. This is not what most people want in a job but they don't have much choice today. They owe their job to the fact that their employer is unable to replace them with a machine or ship their jobs overseas. The result is there is no employer or employee loyalty.

th%20%281%29-S.jpg

Tim Henderson, Stateline Published 8:00 a.m. CT Oct. 15, 2019 | Updated 7:10 p.m. CT Oct. 15, 2019

In 39 states, there are more jobs than people looking for them, according to a Stateline analysis of June hiring and employment data from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.

When there is big demand for labor and a small supply, employers turn to contract labor and temps. They don't want to hire people with marginal qualifications into full time permanent jobs. Long gone are the days when employers just needed someone to sit at a desk and look busy or someone to wander around a job site that doesn't know his stuff. Unless the employee has the needed the skill, he's worst than no employee at all.

Google Parkland Hospital

If you are an illegal alien about to drop an anchor baby you go to Parkland for free sevice
Yes as long as you have no assets and no address and you can get away with this. If you have an address or assets you're screwed. And you don't get any preventive care. That's why this is so dumb....If you are an illegal alien you can go to any emergency room and get care. Parkland is no different. That is the stupid GOP system. In a blue state they would have Medicaid or insurance. Pass the goddamn 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card and get the damn system organized. And no that doesn't mean throwing 12 million hard-working illegals out of the country when your party invited them in. Right now all your party does is distract you with bologna that won't work and is un American

2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card

Bill #?
Link to the bill?
Google it troll. It started with an ID card, which the GOP has blocked forever because they actually love the cheap easily bullied labor and distracting you idiots with ridiculous walls and harassment laws that turned out to be unconstitutional....
Google lies more than you do.

There is not only a labor shortage in the private market alone, it's everywhere, even in temp services. We used to use a temp service to get fill in drivers. That pool dried up several years ago as the economy improved. So what my employer does now is train the straight truck drivers to become tractor-trailer drivers as a backup when one of us are ill or go on vacation.

The economic market has never been steadier. I know the Democrats are trying to talk us into a recession, but no evidence to support their repetitive claims, so industry welcomes full-time workers IF they can find any. The problem is they can't find people temps or full-time.
We continue to add crappy jobs so inequality has gotten no better and most of the wage increases are because Democratic states and cities have raised the minimum wage. we have five to seven million good tech jobs going begging because the GOP refuses to invest in training and education.it is so important that the mega Rich pay the same percentage in taxes as you do LOL super duper.

Last edited:
Sure the people without insurance get Healthcare and then they have to pay for the rest of their lives or go bankrupt and lose everything.
Or got the charity hospital and get treated there

Google Parkland Hospital

That is a non-profit hospital, not a charity hospital.
Call it what you want

They both amount to the same thing to patients who pay nothing

I called it what it is. Words have meanings even if you do not like them

Yes as long as you have no assets and no address and you can get away with this. If you have an address or assets you're screwed. And you don't get any preventive care. That's why this is so dumb....If you are an illegal alien you can go to any emergency room and get care. Parkland is no different. That is the stupid GOP system. In a blue state they would have Medicaid or insurance. Pass the goddamn 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card and get the damn system organized. And no that doesn't mean throwing 12 million hard-working illegals out of the country when your party invited them in. Right now all your party does is distract you with bologna that won't work and is un American

Bill #?
Link to the bill?
Google it troll. It started with an ID card, which the GOP has blocked forever because they actually love the cheap easily bullied labor and distracting you idiots with ridiculous walls and harassment laws that turned out to be unconstitutional....

Exactly how does a Google search lie?

Bill #?
Link to the bill?
yes yes everybody around the world 95% of the world and all the respected media and law enforcement are lying. Only your scumbag ex Coke head DJs tell the truth. You people are absolutely unbelievable, brainwashed functional moron. Read something change the channel once in a while for God's sake. Google News gets news from every side.. unbelievable. Google Google news and look at it you might find out what's going on in the world Jesus you're pathetic....

Bill #?
Link to the bill?

Exactly how does a Google search lie?
Who knows only rush and Sean know the truth LOL....Mike from Texas is physically unable to Google Google news and look at stories around the world and the United States. Only ridiculous propaganda will do.

And another thing, if there are those who aren't paying, then the next guy who shows up to the doctors office or hospital "HAS" to pay more for a service someone else didn't pay for. In other words, the guy holding the insurance policy was "mandated" to pay more because someone didn't. Why not mandate everyone pay into a universal program like every other developed nation does? Why do we have to continue playing dangerous musical chair games with everyone's health because we insist on pedaling the lie that market based insurance covers all? It doesn't and that is reality.

You hit on two very important points with your reply. What you don't know is that Medicare and Medicaid does exactly that. They only pay about 2/3 for the services of government patients. And yes, health facilities have to recoup those losses by increased prices.

Not that's not bad for an eighty dollar doctors visit, but real bad for a 400K surgery and post care, which most of us will receive when we are on Medicare.

So now we have government healthcare. So who is going to make up the difference in the shortages once there is no private insurance to sack with those losses?
Believe me, the payment is more than two thirds. I'm on Medicare, and have never paid the other third. Link please, proving it is only two thirds? Never heard of such a thing.

No one ever said that individuals couldn't buy into their own private plan. I know quite a few countries that have universal care with the ability to purchase a private plan.

No, they won't bill you either. They just take the loss. I worked in medical for ten years. My father is on Medicare, and he tells me what's going on with his bills. He does have secondary insurance that covers what Medicare doesn't, but a lot of older folks are not in that financial position to get that private policy.

Doctors limit new Medicare patients - USATODAY.com
You are both right and wrong.

Medicare reimbursement rates, that is Medicare approved amounts (which for part B is 80% from Medicare and 20% from the patient) is determined based on the relative, average costs of providing a service to a Medicare patient, and then adjusted to account for other provider expenses, including malpractice insurance and office-based practice costs.

Contrary to claims of a lot of people, Medicare rates are not determined by what insurance companies pay. It's actually the opposite in most cases because most insurance reimbursements today is paid to contracted providers. The medicare reimbursement rate provides a basis for negotiating contracts which makes Medicare and Insurance reimbursement rates pretty close in most places.

Getting back to the question at hand, for many years many healthcare providers would bill patients for the difference between Medicare rates and their fee . If a doctor accepted Medicare as full payment, they were "Accepting Medicare Assignment". At one time, about 25% of doctors would not accept Medicare Assignment and would bill the patient the difference. Today, due to the fact there is little difference between insurance reimbursement rates and Medicare and the number of Medicare patients, about 95% of doctors today accept Medicare Assignment. Thus patients rarely see any bill if they pay their 20% coinsurance at time service or have insurance supplement.

Forum List

Back