Am I alone in thinking wikileaks is a GOOD thing?

Yeah like,

SECURING THEIR FUCKING FILES FOR STARTERS!
I'm still amazed you give the leaker a pass. They do take an oath, you know.

What ever happened to personal responsibility?

Oh, crap. I have to agree with Ravi. I hope that scares her as much as it does me. :lol:

The guy who stole the documents should face charges of treason. So should anyone else who participated.

This has done unfathomable damage to our standing in the world. I understand that many Americans won't get what a big deal that is.... until some shit hits the fan because other nations can't trust us to keep information secret.
:eek: I just peed my panties!

And your last point is spot on...already the Saudis et al are claiming Americans can't be trusted. This dweeb needs to eat shit.

Oh, crap. I have to agree with Ravi. I hope that scares her as much as it does me. :lol:

The guy who stole the documents should face charges of treason. So should anyone else who participated.

This has done unfathomable damage to our standing in the world. I understand that many Americans won't get what a big deal that is.... until some shit hits the fan because other nations can't trust us to keep information secret.

And your last point is spot on...already the Saudis et al are claiming Americans can't be trusted. This dweeb needs to eat shit.

Regarding the revelation that the Saudi King wanted us to deal with Iran?

Holy crap!

So it's the fault of WikiLeaks that the U.S. government did things that has led them to be considered untrustworthy? No. They shouldn't have done those things in the first place and this wouldn't be a problem.

He really needs to eat a bullet. He's a disgrace to his uniform and his country.

So it's the fault of WikiLeaks that the U.S. government did things that has led them to be considered untrustworthy? No. They shouldn't have done those things in the first place and this wouldn't be a problem.

You really have no idea how the world's governments and diplomacy works at all, do you? I know this because you just said so in your post.

ALL governments do this. No government is shocked about the tittle tattle, you idiot. They are shocked that it leaked. It is not about the information - it is about the fucking leak. Our nation shares information - seriously, seriously secret information - with governments around the world. How the fuck are they supposed to trust us now? They won't. And because they won't trust us, they won't be inclined to share information.... and that could - and is likely to - cost American lives in terrorist attacks. How the hell do you think we manage to stop so many terrorist attacks around the world? Because governments tell each other what they find out... and sometimes, that includes methods and doing things that we wouldn't necessarily like.... but - the information is vital to our security.

Now, could you.... just for a few minutes.... consider the bigger picture and not just your own stupid view of the world.

I don't understand why so many Conservatives who claim that the government is incompetent in every aspect still seem to trust the military implicitly.

I don't support releasing names. But everything else? If we're so worried about our standing in the world, we shouldn't have done those things in the first place. It's likely that most other world governments knew this already (does anyone doubt that our "allies" have spies in our government?).

Holy crap!

Can you imagine how much trouble that is going to cause between Saudi and Iran? A whole heap of shit is gonna hit the fan because of that. And that will cause a ripple of shit around the world.

These people - everyone who leaked this shit - should be tried for treason and, assuming they're convicted.... given the Death Penalty. Maybe that will teach anyone else who's tempted that we are not gonna sit idly by while idiots destroy our nation from within.

[

Assange can't be a traitor...well, not to America anyway...

You really have no idea how the world's governments and diplomacy works at all, do you? I know this because you just said so in your post.

ALL governments do this. No government is shocked about the tittle tattle, you idiot. They are shocked that it leaked. It is not about the information - it is about the fucking leak. Our nation shares information - seriously, seriously secret information - with governments around the world. How the fuck are they supposed to trust us now? They won't. And because they won't trust us, they won't be inclined to share information.... and that could - and is likely to - cost American lives in terrorist attacks. How the hell do you think we manage to stop so many terrorist attacks around the world? Because governments tell each other what they find out... and sometimes, that includes methods and doing things that we wouldn't necessarily like.... but - the information is vital to our security.

Now, could you.... just for a few minutes.... consider the bigger picture and not just your own stupid view of the world.

I understand where you're coming from here. But I disagree.

We are, without question, the most powerful country in the world. Any other countries would be hard-pressed to fight a war without us on their side. The rest of the world has no choice but to trust us, if they want our help militarily or financially - and they all do.

I don't understand why so many Conservatives who claim that the government is incompetent in every aspect still seem to trust the military implicitly.

I don't support releasing names. But everything else? If we're so worried about our standing in the world, we shouldn't have done those things in the first place. It's likely that most other world governments knew this already (does anyone doubt that our "allies" have spies in our government?).

Again, could you stop with the 'we shouldn't have been doing it'..... of course we should be doing it. Every fucking country does it. We are no different.

What the hell is the matter with people? Are you that stupid that you cannot look at the bigger picture and think about the global consequences of this? Of other nations deciding not to share information that could save American lives? Because they're concerned about our ability to keep our mouths shut? Is that a price you are prepared to pay? I'm not. I live abroad.

Wikileaks crossed the line and should be prosecuted and shut down.
You want the government to go after wikileaks and shut them down, jail its purveyor? Fine. But does it stop there? How about when it goes after FNC, CNN, the NYT, and other news sources? You really want to give them this precedent? This window to further power? Are you INSANE?

Wikileaks accepted stolen data, published it , and are profiting from it- last time I checked that was a crime in every country. So yeah, I want them shut down.

Some of the greatest stories to hit the news stands has come from whistle blowers. Maybe if people and govts were more transparent when they can be, instead of hiding behind "official secrets" and all the other bullshit, then there would be no need for the likes of Wikileaks...

I find it funny/weird/strange that it is generally the cons who are having a problem with this - if there is one group of people who are for small govt, govt accountability etc, it is generally the cons. Now they are getting that accountability they are whining about it.

Talking about treason and DP etc. Good grief, as MM has already said, there is yet to be any names named. That aside, all these leaks have done is confirm what a lot of us already know/knew.

Go figure....

Again, could you stop with the 'we shouldn't have been doing it'..... of course we should be doing it. Every fucking country does it. We are no different.

What the hell is the matter with people? Are you that stupid that you cannot look at the bigger picture and think about the global consequences of this? Of other nations deciding not to share information that could save American lives? Because they're concerned about our ability to keep our mouths shut? Is that a price you are prepared to pay? I'm not. I live abroad.

Read my response to your post.

We are, without question, the most powerful country in the world. Any other countries would be hard-pressed to fight a war without us on their side. The rest of the world has no choice but to trust us, if they want our help militarily or financially - and they all do.

Ok. You really are that stupid. It is not about wars, moron. It is about sharing secrets. The world can survive without the US... despite what we might think. Grow a brain.

You want the government to go after wikileaks and shut them down, jail its purveyor? Fine. But does it stop there? How about when it goes after FNC, CNN, the NYT, and other news sources? You really want to give them this precedent? This window to further power? Are you INSANE?

Wikileaks accepted stolen data, published it , and are profiting from it- last time I checked that was a crime in every country. So yeah, I want them shut down.

Some of the greatest stories to hit the news stands has come from whistle blowers. Maybe if people and govts were more transparent when they can be, instead of hiding behind "official secrets" and all the other bullshit, then there would be no need for the likes of Wikileaks...

I find it funny/weird/strange that it is generally the cons who are having a problem with this - if there is one group of people who are for small govt, govt accountability etc, it is generally the cons. Now they are getting that accountability they are whining about it.

Talking about treason and DP etc. Good grief, as MM has already said, there is yet to be any names named. That aside, all these leaks have done is confirm what a lot of us already know/knew.

Go figure....

It really isn't about the information. How many more times? It's about our ability to be trusted to keep secrets. Simple. It's about whether America is trusted by other governments.... are they gonna be sharing secrets with us, only to find them plastered across the internet? And what about when journalists start asking where that information came from, how it was obtained, from whom.... etc.

This can of worms is so much bigger than some stupid gossip.

Every person who had anything to do with classified information of any kind being published is either a traitor to the USA or has committed a crime against her people. And they should all be dealt with as such. And I don't give a shit who they are. And any country that should protect them from our justice should be cut from diplomatic ties immediately. That means trade status and diplomats expelled from the country.

There is no excuse for this stupid behavior.

Ok. You really are that stupid. It is not about wars, moron. It is about sharing secrets. The world can survive without the US... despite what we might think. Grow a brain.

The world can survive without us, of course.

The current power structure of the world? Certainly not. The status quo is just as important to the leaders of the EU as it is to us. The sharing of secrets will continue, because Israel wants our money. England wants us to tell them when we find out about a terrorist attack against them. Everyone wants things from us, as much or more than we need their intel.

Honestly, this is just one man's opinion. I don't have hard facts to back it up. But neither do you, so whatever.

Every person who had anything to do with classified information of any kind being published is either a traitor to the USA or has committed a crime against her people. And they should all be dealt with as such. And I don't give a shit who they are. And any country that should protect them from our justice should be cut from diplomatic ties immediately. That means trade status and diplomats expelled from the country.

There is no excuse for this stupid behavior.

We can start by boycotting anything and everything Wiki. Fuck Them and the horse they rode in on!

Holy crap!

Can you imagine how much trouble that is going to cause between Saudi and Iran? A whole heap of shit is gonna hit the fan because of that. And that will cause a ripple of shit around the world.

These people - everyone who leaked this shit - should be tried for treason and, assuming they're convicted.... given the Death Penalty. Maybe that will teach anyone else who's tempted that we are not gonna sit idly by while idiots destroy our nation from within.

And we hought the world was changing for the worse...the scope of this is immense. We ought to track down this creep Julian Assange...and string his ass up.

Hell in the old days the guy would have died from a massive dose of lead and disappear off the face of the Earth.

Forum List

Back