Am I the only one who supported the soda ban?

"The idea of personal freedom is not the bigger picture. The bigger picture is for the greater good. With all of the health problems that obesity causes, it needs to be curbed........."

The GREATER GOOD ??????? The mindless utterance of Communists the world over.....

Yea, Jesus wasn't about the "greater good," was he? And sorry, he wouldn't have been a Republican.

I think banning extra large sodas for adults is stupid. If people want to become fat, then let them.

But...

1) They pay for their health care by the pound.
2) If their kids are fat, the kids get taken away from them. Letting their kids become fat is a form of abuse. If it's a medical issue, they'd better be treating the kids.

1) what does that even mean?
2) having obese children is already considered abuse

Really. In what state, and where is the law?

"The idea of personal freedom is not the bigger picture. The bigger picture is for the greater good. With all of the health problems that obesity causes, it needs to be curbed........."

The GREATER GOOD ??????? The mindless utterance of Communists the world over.....

Yea, Jesus wasn't about the "greater good," was he? And sorry, he wouldn't have been a Republican.

Its pretty clear that Jesus was interested in charitable works for the less fortunate.....Not coerced redistribution to be doled out at some clueless bureaucrats whim.......

And we already know his views on thievery, homosexuals and the godless eh ???

No, Im sure there are a few others on the board that also have a mommy complex.
Not sure why on earth anyone would want others making that type of decision for them.

Some peons need bureaucratic fascists to micro manage their lives for the "greater good".......They know whats best for you..................

I personly cant wait till we have weigh-in-centers. they figure your tax rate every april by how fat you are. wonder if that would wake people up to how low we have gone?

True story - I work with people (co workers) who CAN'T even get on a scale! The numbers don't go that high. There's something fundamentally wrong with that.

lmao.... but seriously. I never get that, just have regular sex or walk or something... whats so hard about burning off calories? ?? get rid of the remote and at least walk to the t.v. to change the channel.

Surely. Half the weight battle is exercise. What are the proposals to mandate exercise?

No, Im sure there are a few others on the board that also have a mommy complex.
Not sure why on earth anyone would want others making that type of decision for them.

It's not just mommy - that's the problem. For every bleeding heart mommy who wants government to be a caretaker, there's a "not on my dime" daddy who wants to use the existence of such programs as an excuse to dictate to the "freeloaders".

Its pretty clear that Jesus was interested in charitable works for the less fortunate.....Not coerced redistribution to be doled out at some clueless bureaucrats whim.......

And we already know his views on thievery, homosexuals and the godless eh ???

Yup, and neither of our political parties deserve to try and recruit Jesus in to their cause. That's for fools and dimwits. Jesus would have given them the tax collector treatment!

True story - I work with people (co workers) who CAN'T even get on a scale! The numbers don't go that high. There's something fundamentally wrong with that.

lmao.... but seriously. I never get that, just have regular sex or walk or something... whats so hard about burning off calories? ?? get rid of the remote and at least walk to the t.v. to change the channel.

Surely. Half the weight battle is exercise. What are the proposals to mandate exercise?

Man you're right there. Diet without exercise is like the Big Mac without the special sauce. Nice metaphor for this topic, hey? hahahahahahahaah

When the government starts parenting its citizens to the point of controlling what they eat, how much to exercise, and claim it's for the public good it is the worst kind of tyranny. It was done in China and in Russia at the height of communism's iron fist. They had to give up it couldn't be done. They gave the people vouchers with controlled amounts of food, a loaf of bread once a week. They closed all the stores but government stores (and opened up a huge and thriving black market). There was still no way to control what people ate.

Of course not. The only way you control what they eat is to starve them, and like you said, it just results in higher crime and a big, fat black market.

People are going to eat what they want to eat. Law isn't going to dictate it.

Let's face it. Some people can't handle themselves. The idea of personal freedom is not the bigger picture. The bigger picture is for the greater good. With all of the health problems that obesity causes, it needs to be curbed. Afflictions like diabetes are a drain on the economy with the health care cost associated with it. Sure this policy would have only made a small dent, but it is a start.

New Yorkers can still live happy fulfilling lives without buying an extra large soda

When a Liberal talks about "the greater good" you can be sure he's trying to get you to give up some of your freedom.

It seems blazingly obvious that the country would be better off as a whole if people took better care of themselves. A highly obese populace contributes significantly to expensive health issues such as heart disease and diabetes, and this situation costs us all in health care expenses. So a reasonable person could conclude that if we took better care of ourselves we would all save money and live healthier lives. Would that not be a positive?

At the same time, the abject lack of self-discipline that Americans show in general is a clear cultural issue that cannot be "fixed" by governmental decree, nor is it the right or reponsbility of the government of a "free" people to put mandates on what we're "allowed" to eat and drink.

So it seems we have a bit of a problem. It would be nice, of course, if we had true leaders in our society (in or out of government) who could step up and help to change our slovenly, narcissistic, me-first-at-any-cost culture. But evidently no one is up to the task.

So we're stuck with people like Bloomberg (who thinks the government should be able to limit the fucking size of a fucking soda) and Palin (who thinks it's a real "hoot" to parade onstage with a Big Gulp without acknowledging the fact that Big Gulps are not very fucking good for you).

Our culture is in decay and I don't see any "leaders" changing that.

When did you first notice suffering from the delusion that the government is supposed to guide society?

Jesus was about the individual and their relationship with God. And, sorry, but he wouldn't have been a Democrat either.

It seems blazingly obvious that the country would be better off as a whole if people took better care of themselves. A highly obese populace contributes significantly to expensive health issues such as heart disease and diabetes, and this situation costs us all in health care expenses. So a reasonable person could conclude that if we took better care of ourselves we would all save money and live healthier lives. Would that not be a positive?

At the same time, the abject lack of self-discipline that Americans show in general is a clear cultural issue that cannot be "fixed" by governmental decree, nor is it the right or reponsbility of the government of a "free" people to put mandates on what we're "allowed" to eat and drink.

So it seems we have a bit of a problem. It would be nice, of course, if we had true leaders in our society (in or out of government) who could step up and help to change our slovenly, narcissistic, me-first-at-any-cost culture. But evidently no one is up to the task.

So we're stuck with people like Bloomberg (who thinks the government should be able to limit the fucking size of a fucking soda) and Palin (who thinks it's a real "hoot" to parade onstage with a Big Gulp without acknowledging the fact that Big Gulps are not very fucking good for you).

Our culture is in decay and I don't see any "leaders" changing that.

When did you first notice suffering from the delusion that the government is supposed to guide society?

How did you conclude from my post that "the government is supposed to guide society"?

"Leaders" don't have to be politicians. They can come from any walk of life. I have zero faith or trust in politicians, and they prove my point every day.

Right? Is that delusional?

Last edited:

Nope, sorry, Christ was all about individual freedom. And ultimately he was killed for that.

But carry on with your retarded "Christ was a commie" rhetoric. It gives us something new to slap you with.

Nope, sorry, Christ was all about individual freedom. And ultimately he was killed for that.

But carry on with your retarded "Christ was a commie" rhetoric. It gives us something new to slap you with.

What the fuck you talking about, KosherCurd? Where's all this "commie" bullshit come from? Where did I say "Christ was a commie?" Christ probably would have kicked both your precious parties you love so much in the nuts.

Forum List

Back