Am I the only one?

Add me the list of "don't care - didn't watch". McCain was a nasty, vindictive, ill-tempered man who was also a war hero. Besides the slight amusement value in observing the press that foamed at the mouth about McCain's WACISM when he ran against Obabble now beatify him, the entire spectacle is rather unseemly. We haven't seen this level of funeral politicization since L'Affaire Paul Wellstone.

who doesn’t care about Senator McCains funeral?

He didn’t represent me. He did many things that didn’t benefit this nation seemed to focus a lot on selling out those that voted for him for personal acclaim.

I respect him for the office. But the media is acting like Jesus Christ just died. This after saying vile and disgusting things about him. And they are using his death for cheap political attacks.

I am just tired of people who used him in life using him in death

I did not even know it was still going on..thank god they did not interrupt college football for this junk. If it is not a family member or close friend I could not care less about anyone's funeral.

Add me the list of "don't care - didn't watch". McCain was a nasty, vindictive, ill-tempered man who was also a war hero. Besides the slight amusement value in observing the press that foamed at the mouth about McCain's WACISM when he ran against Obabble now beatify him, the entire spectacle is rather unseemly. We haven't seen this level of funeral politicization since L'Affaire Paul Wellstone.
He wasn't even a war hero. Being captured doesn't automatically put you in the hero category. Mostly he was an incompetent pilot who disobeyed orders.

He wasn't even a war hero. Being captured doesn't automatically put you in the hero category. Mostly he was an incompetent pilot who disobeyed orders.

I have to disagree with that last bit. My dearly departed Dad's best friend was a POW in Vietnam for several years (he was a pilot whose plane was shot down, and he managed to survive). Being a POW, especially one who is tortured for years on end, is heroic.

Last edited:

I have to disagree with that last bit. My dearly departed Dad's best friend was a POW in Vietnam for several years (he was a pilot whose plane was shot down, and he managed to survive). Being a POW, especially a one who is tortured for years on end, is heroic.
It's not like he chose to be tortured. That's regrettable, but it doesn't make you a hero. The Nazis exterminated 6 million Jews. Are they all heroes? They were victims. That's all.

I have to disagree with that last bit. My dearly departed Dad's best friend was a POW in Vietnam for several years (he was a pilot whose plane was shot down, and he managed to survive). Being a POW, especially a one who is tortured for years on end, is heroic.
It's not like he chose to be tortured. That's regrettable, but it doesn't make you a hero. The Nazis exterminated 6 million Jews. Are they all heroes? They were victims. That's all.

There is a difference. Someone who puts his life at risk to fight the enemy on behalf of other people and is then captured in the process is a hero.

And some of the Jews captured by the Nazis were heroes, but this isn't a contest, you know.

You are not alone Avatar, ALL Trumpsters feel the same way as you.... 1/3 of voting Americans are just like you....!!!

He didn’t represent me. He did many things that didn’t benefit this nation seemed to focus a lot on selling out those that voted for him for personal acclaim.

I respect him for the office. But the media is acting like Jesus Christ just died. This after saying vile and disgusting things about him. And they are using his death for cheap political attacks.

I'm sure if McCain is looking down, he's enjoying all the attention. However we don't even get this carried away for a President who has passed along. But it's not just Democrats, it was Republicans too. The Michael Medved radio show was a complete bore last week. It seemed McCain is all he wanted to talk about. Good thing I have a lengthy list of songs on Pandora.

You are correct that he didn't represent you as you don't live in AridZona.

And yet, yesterday you took the exact opposite stance about the governor of Florida who doesn't represent you either.

Having it both ways: Priceless.

Yo, I Wonder If McCain Will Be Excepted In Heaven? Or Will The Devil Snatch Him, And He Ends Up Next To KKK Member Democrat Robert Byrd? Just Saying!!!

"GTP"
:abgg2q.jpg:

1) Learn to capitalize correctly.

2) Learn the difference between "accepted" and "excepted".

Still continuing to post lies about McCain?

Trump is Right about Songbird McCain and here’s why - Freedom Outpost

And from a US Navy Aviator who served with McCain: "His "shoot down" was self-induced, as he DISOBEYED ORDERS and flew well below the 'floor,' getting himself shot down. There were several other jets on that particular mission and he was the only one shot down, because the others obeyed their orders."

Nope,not alone. I had no idea his funeral was even today. I was up at 7 am this morning left by 9 to go meet my Aunt at my cousin's grave site to lay flowers and talk about old times with me and him etc (he was killed 5 years ago by a negro not following the rules of the road) then went to my grandmothers and demolished a room attached to her house she wants to remodel and then came home and now I am watching My Notre Dame Irish kick the shit out of Michigan!

And from a US Navy Aviator who served with McCain: "His "shoot down" was self-induced, as he DISOBEYED ORDERS and flew well below the 'floor,' getting himself shot down. There were several other jets on that particular mission and he was the only one shot down, because the others obeyed their orders."

Great source, dumbass!

There is no "floor", which proves the source is bullshit!

Great source, dumbass!

There is no "floor", which proves the source is bullshit!

Prove it.

We should not be trashing McCain on his service..............He fought in a War.....was a prisoner..........was brutally tortured.......can't lift his arm above his head because of it..................and could have went home but didn't.

On his politics...................that's fair game to me..........but we shouldn't be trashing that part of his history.

We should not be trashing McCain on his service..............He fought in a War.....was a prisoner..........was brutally tortured.......can't lift his arm above his head because of it..................and could have went home but didn't.

On his politics...................that's fair game to me..........but we shouldn't be trashing that part of his history.
He broke his arms when he ejected because he didn't follow proper procedure. The North Vietnamese didn't break his arms. I broke both my forearms once. Am I a hero?

He broke his arms when he ejected because he didn't follow proper procedure. The North Vietnamese didn't break his arms. I broke both my forearms once. Am I a hero?
I'm suggesting to go after his politics and not the military side of it.............No matter how it went down........he got the living shit beat out of him for years...........just like many did as POW'S there...........No reason to push that side of the equation to me................

Unless we lived that..............their is no damned way we would know what we'd do...........he got shot down........shit happens and he showed up.........more than enough for me to not go after that side of the equation.

McCain was nothing special, .23% of congress and 1% of the senate. Put his pants on just like everyone else. Much ado about virtually nothing.

Forum List

Back