Amazon and Microsoft battling for war cloud defense contract

Yup, just like Steam they make a HEFTY sum from every copy that is sold digitally or inserted into their console.
And YES, if a 3rd party makes a game and a player inserts that disk into an xbox console, that publisher has to pay Microsoft.
And now they have Gamepass ultimate which will be the Netflix of digital gaming and interactive narratives
At least netflix and amazon have competition.

Just announced is FlightSim 2020, which will be the replacement of the training software engine currently used by Lockheed Martin. It should be realistic enough to qualify for real-world pilot training.

AND it will be available through....you guessed it....Gamepass.

You have been able to legally log Flight Sim as sim time for at least ten years, probably closer to 15. You just have to have the right peripherals to emulate a cockpit condition. Sim time really doesn't count for much so you are really just acknowledging you are a gaming geek if you put that in your real log book.

Yes. I know.

Flying real planes is way too expensive, even with the new Sport Pilot Rules and proposed expanded rules.

Way too expensive.

I have children to feed....with video games.

I went all the way through my commercial/instrument but have no interest whatsoever in being an instructor. I actually got bored with flying once I stopped learning it LOL. It is very expensive though. You can get a local hop old as dirt plane for fairly cheap if you are that interested in doing it as a hobby.

Now all that said, I have never been able to fly Flight Sim worth a cuss. I am lucky to get the plane into the air even when it is one I have hours of real flight time in. I am not especially adept at keyboarding. I have spent hours on some combat games using a yolk and enjoyed them, but there is something about Flight Sim I never got the hang of. Maybe the lack of rudder pedals. Not sure.

Oh, you have missed out on the realism.

SaitekBundle.jpg

ultimate_fs_06.jpg

And all that is a WHOLE LOT cheaper than training and rental costs. BY FAR!!!

:lol:

With VR half of that is unnecessary.
I can't stress enough how realistic VR feels. Your body actually reacts as if it is in the real life situation that is being simulated on your headset. Hence the fight between your brain and your body that gives you motion sickness

Just announced is FlightSim 2020, which will be the replacement of the training software engine currently used by Lockheed Martin. It should be realistic enough to qualify for real-world pilot training.

You have been able to legally log Flight Sim as sim time for at least ten years, probably closer to 15. You just have to have the right peripherals to emulate a cockpit condition. Sim time really doesn't count for much so you are really just acknowledging you are a gaming geek if you put that in your real log book.

Yes. I know.

Flying real planes is way too expensive, even with the new Sport Pilot Rules and proposed expanded rules.

Way too expensive.

I went all the way through my commercial/instrument but have no interest whatsoever in being an instructor. I actually got bored with flying once I stopped learning it LOL. It is very expensive though. You can get a local hop old as dirt plane for fairly cheap if you are that interested in doing it as a hobby.

Now all that said, I have never been able to fly Flight Sim worth a cuss. I am lucky to get the plane into the air even when it is one I have hours of real flight time in. I am not especially adept at keyboarding. I have spent hours on some combat games using a yolk and enjoyed them, but there is something about Flight Sim I never got the hang of. Maybe the lack of rudder pedals. Not sure.

SaitekBundle.jpg

ultimate_fs_06.jpg

I can't stress enough how realistic VR feels. Your body actually reacts as if it is in the real life situation that is being simulated on your headset. Hence the fight between your brain and your body that gives you motion sickness

I need a better GPU to run VR.

Prices are ridiculous. I have been waiting it out for a year but it never changes.

Yup, just like Steam they make a HEFTY sum from every copy that is sold digitally or inserted into their console.
And YES, if a 3rd party makes a game and a player inserts that disk into an xbox console, that publisher has to pay Microsoft.
And now they have Gamepass ultimate which will be the Netflix of digital gaming and interactive narratives

Yes. I know.

Way too expensive.

SaitekBundle.jpg

ultimate_fs_06.jpg

LOL given the amount of technology in that last one, it would be cheaper to take flight lessons :04: Our real simulator at the flight school wasn't that decked out and the thing cost like a couple hundred grand. Oh the falling price of technology

‘War cloud’: Amazon and Microsoft battle for $10 billion Pentagon fund

Amazon and Microsoft are battling it out over a $10 billion opportunity to build the U.S. military its first "war cloud" computing system. But Amazon's early hopes of a shock-and-awe victory may be slipping away.

Formally called the Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure plan, or JEDI, the military's computing project would store and process vast amounts of classified data, allowing the Pentagon to use artificial intelligence to speed up its war planning and fighting capabilities. The Defense Department hopes to award the winner-take-all contract as soon as August. Oracle and IBM were eliminated at an earlier round of the contract competition.
Can we have Amazon and Microsoft actually battle it out...as in, they will try to literally destroy each other, and the one left barely standing gets the contract?

Put it on TV.

:beer:

Amazon would have to hire ms to do this, they have no hope
Has MS developed what Amazon currently has?
All Amazon does is sucker morons into free shipping that they pay for. Are you one of them
They "suckered" me ONCE.

"Free trial prime upgrade"

A month later I was like WTF is this charge for.....CANCELLED

Amazon and Microsoft are battling it out over a $10 billion opportunity to build the U.S. military its first "war cloud" computing system. But Amazon's early hopes of a shock-and-awe victory may be slipping away.

Formally called the Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure plan, or JEDI, the military's computing project would store and process vast amounts of classified data, allowing the Pentagon to use artificial intelligence to speed up its war planning and fighting capabilities. The Defense Department hopes to award the winner-take-all contract as soon as August. Oracle and IBM were eliminated at an earlier round of the contract competition.
Can we have Amazon and Microsoft actually battle it out...as in, they will try to literally destroy each other, and the one left barely standing gets the contract?

Put it on TV.

All Amazon does is sucker morons into free shipping that they pay for. Are you one of them
Then you don’t know how to use the site.

Yes. I know.

Way too expensive.

SaitekBundle.jpg

ultimate_fs_06.jpg

Prices are ridiculous. I have been waiting it out for a year but it never changes.

What are you running now?

My first VR headset ran on an i7/gtx970

AMD has some new "economy"/wannabe Geoforce killers that aren't bad priced....

Put it on TV.

Guilty as charged....

I am a local guy. I love supporting my local suppliers but I wanted (of all things) some cooking spices that my local grocer no longer carried. So off to amazon to buy the biggest container of it I could find. Then I drifted into my line of work shopping like a dumbass. It's like when I goto a lumber yard (yes we still have those) or a home depot. I'm like a crack addict

Put it on TV.

They "suckered" me ONCE.

For less than what I pay for Netflix I get Amazon Prime TV and free two day shipping. They have some great original shows, better than Netflix in a lot of ways.

Between the wife and I and our two kids we probably order from Amazon at least 2 twice a week. Prime is a steal if you order much and watch the PrimeTV.

Yes. I know.

Way too expensive.

SaitekBundle.jpg

ultimate_fs_06.jpg

Those are still $400.

I guess i should stop waiting for a decent GPU at $200 and just bite the bullet.

SaitekBundle.jpg

ultimate_fs_06.jpg

Those are still $400.

I guess i should stop waiting for a decent GPU at $200 and just bite the bullet.

You can get a 970 for https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RTZV1Z5/?tag=ff0d01-20

It'll run most VR games and many at 4k outside of VR if you're not looking for 120fps

Put it on TV.

They "suckered" me ONCE.

Me too, fortunately for Amazon there is a sucker born every minute

Put it on TV.

How is prime free if retards all pay for it

SaitekBundle.jpg

ultimate_fs_06.jpg

Those are still $400.

It'll run most VR games and many at 4k outside of VR if you're not looking for 120fps

Now where can I get an affordable VR system.

Those are still $400.

Speak of the devil......

Oculus has a new wireless system I have my eyes on....
Obviously at that point I have a launch headset with two cameras and BRAND NEW wireless wands that I will no longer need.

Paid 799 at launch and might entertain a 300 dollar offer

Those are still $400.

Speak of the devil......

Obviously at that point I have a launch headset with two cameras and BRAND NEW wireless wands that I will no longer need.

Get thee behind me, Satan.

Those are still $400.

Speak of the devil......

Get thee behind me, Satan.

20190709_205704.jpg 20190709_205614.jpg 20190709_205536.jpg

Forum List

Back