Amazon and Microsoft battling for war cloud defense contract

When’s the last time MS succeeded at anything?

MS's focus for a generation has been business software, apps, etc. home users just pay the bills. That said, XBox sure has been an abject financial failure for them :abgg2q.jpg:
As the father of a teenage boy, I am personally financing the SHIT out of Microsoft, thanks to the SOFTWARE side of XBOX.

MS's focus for a generation has been business software, apps, etc. home users just pay the bills. That said, XBox sure has been an abject financial failure for them :abgg2q.jpg:
As the father of a teenage boy, I am personally financing the SHIT out of Microsoft, thanks to the SOFTWARE side of XBOX.

Yup, just like Steam they make a HEFTY sum from every copy that is sold digitally or inserted into their console.
And YES, if a 3rd party makes a game and a player inserts that disk into an xbox console, that publisher has to pay Microsoft.
And now they have Gamepass ultimate which will be the Netflix of digital gaming and interactive narratives

Yup, just like Steam they make a HEFTY sum from every copy that is sold digitally or inserted into their console.
And YES, if a 3rd party makes a game and a player inserts that disk into an xbox console, that publisher has to pay Microsoft.
And now they have Gamepass ultimate which will be the Netflix of digital gaming and interactive narratives
At least netflix and amazon have competition.

Just announced is FlightSim 2020, which will be the replacement of the training software engine currently used by Lockheed Martin. It should be realistic enough to qualify for real-world pilot training.

AND it will be available through....you guessed it....Gamepass.

Just announced is FlightSim 2020, which will be the replacement of the training software engine currently used by Lockheed Martin. It should be realistic enough to qualify for real-world pilot training.

I have one better!

I have an Oculus Rift VR headset and a game called Elite Dangerous.

At 51 years old and no flight training of any kind I can guarantee you that Buzz Aldrin and ET ain't got shit on my space combat abilities lol

Elite Dangerous
Checking it out on steam now.

Check out this MS2020 trailer:

The learning curve is STEEP

But, it is gratifying.

I am perfectly confident that, if needed, I could safely and gently land a 747 in a high cross wind.

I ment the curve for Elite lol

Most of my friends I persuaded to buy it never made it past the tutorial

Elite Dangerous

If you buy it make sure you buy the Comander Delux edition or whatever it's called. It needs to have Horizions DLC or you can't land on planets

Commander Deluxe Addition: $59.99

suicideicon2.gif

Fuck Microsoft

We have one too but other than a few games at Christmas and maybe one at a birthday, I keep my credit card far away from the MS quicksand. What they do is up to them. They just aren't doing it on my dollar.

That said, XBox sure has been an abject financial failure for them :abgg2q.jpg:

You too are apparently out of the loop.

How Microsoft’s record-setting $10B gaming year compares to rivals Sony and Nintendo

The Xbox brand isn't about the hardware. It is all about the software and annual subscriptions.

I didn't say anything about the hardware. MSFT has always been a software company.
Then wtf are you talking about? E3 from 7 years ago? Yeah that was bungled beyond all imaginable belief but you don't have to be number one among your competitors in sales numbers if you are marketing a brand and not just a plastic logo.

You have been able to legally log Flight Sim as sim time for at least ten years, probably closer to 15. You just have to have the right peripherals to emulate a cockpit condition. Sim time really doesn't count for much so you are really just acknowledging you are a gaming geek if you put that in your real log book.

Elite Dangerous

If you buy it make sure you buy the Comander Delux edition or whatever it's called. It needs to have Horizions DLC or you can't land on planets

suicideicon2.gif

Fuck Microsoft

Elite Dangerous is not a Microsoft product. Not sure where you got that price.

On the Euro store £39.99

Buy it straight from Frontier

You have been able to legally log Flight Sim as sim time for at least ten years, probably closer to 15. You just have to have the right peripherals to emulate a cockpit condition. Sim time really doesn't count for much so you are really just acknowledging you are a gaming geek if you put that in your real log book.

Yes. I know.

Flying real planes is way too expensive, even with the new Sport Pilot Rules and proposed expanded rules.

Way too expensive.

I have children to feed....with video games.

Elite Dangerous

suicideicon2.gif

Fuck Microsoft

Elite Dangerous is not a Microsoft product. Not sure where you got that price.

On the Euro store £39.99

Buy it straight from Frontier

Oh, it's Frontier Developments, not Microsoft.

Fuck Microsoft anyway.
:lol:

That said, XBox sure has been an abject financial failure for them :abgg2q.jpg:

You too are apparently out of the loop.

How Microsoft’s record-setting $10B gaming year compares to rivals Sony and Nintendo

The Xbox brand isn't about the hardware. It is all about the software and annual subscriptions.

I didn't say anything about the hardware. MSFT has always been a software company.
Then wtf are you talking about? E3 from 7 years ago? Yeah that was bungled beyond all imaginable belief but you don't have to be number one among your competitors in sales numbers if you are marketing a brand and not just a plastic logo.

I really have no clue what you are on about. Office and Azure collectively rake in $40-$50B a year. It doesn't matter if it looks like it did today the way its did 3 years ago or 13 years ago. They have done away with disks so all you get in the box is a online download key and they restrict your licensing so that companies have to keep buying the same programs over and over and over again every time they replace a workstation, get a new laptop, etc etc etc. There is no more just reinstalling MS products as often as you want as long as you have the key from the box.

Forum List

Back