Ameeeericaaa. Fuck yeah!!

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
So rumor has it that deep in the heart of Texas there's a few movie theaters that can't be scared into submission by a fat boy whose name is Kim. And while Sony has already made the call to yank The Interview, the Alamo Drafthouse will showing Team America: World Police in it's place.

Well played, Drafthouse. Well played.

But my nostalgia for homosexual marionette fellatio aside, I can't help but wonder if there is not a certain Nostradamus quality to all of this. Or if, at the very least, there should be. Let's review the facts. North Korea has made very clear their hatred for the United States. They have nuclear weapons. They have arrested our citizens when visiting, without cause. They have even crossed their own borders and kidnapped our citizens and held them in their prisons. Now, they are engaged in cyber attacks targeting our economy, and have made explicit threats of attacks against our people, on our soil.

When do we deploy?

I fear little from a society who's people are continually shrinking in stature due to a steady diet of dirt sandwiches.

• Banned
I fear little from a society who's people are continually shrinking in stature due to a steady diet of dirt sandwiches.

That's all the more reason to fear them. If they get small enough, they can walk right in undetected. Makes it easier to hide.

So rumor has it that deep in the heart of Texas there's a few movie theaters that can't be scared into submission by a fat boy whose name is Kim. And while Sony has already made the call to yank The Interview, the Alamo Drafthouse will showing Team America: World Police in it's place.

But my nostalgia for homosexual marionette fellatio aside, I can't help but wonder if there is not a certain Nostradamus quality to all of this. Or if, at the very least, there should be. Let's review the facts. North Korea has made very clear their hatred for the United States. They have nuclear weapons. They have arrested our citizens when visiting, without cause. They have even crossed their own borders and kidnapped our citizens and held them in their prisons. Now, they are engaged in cyber attacks targeting our economy, and have made explicit threats of attacks against our people, on our soil.

When do we deploy?
You must have never played chess in your life have you?

• Banned

When do we deploy?

Actually, I'm quite the accomplished chess player.

When do we deploy?

So why would you risk starting a war with N. Korea while dealing with the ME?

• Banned

When do we deploy?

You're going to need to go find the point before we can continue this conversation.

When do we deploy?

You're going to need to go find the point before we can continue this conversation.
I thought the point was that you wanted to deploy? If not your OP was unclear.

• Banned

The point is that we, obviously, are not going to deploy. C'mon, you at least allege that you are a chess player. Read the implications, five moves back, five moves forward.

The point is that we, obviously, are not going to deploy. C'mon, you at least allege that you are a chess player. Read the implications, five moves back, five moves forward.
I would have to put on my sarcasm goggles to come up with a different point than what I got from your OP.

I would have to put on my sarcasm goggles to come up with a different point than what I got from your OP.

It's not sarcasm. North Korea has been overtly hostile toward our country, far more than the vast majority of other countries or groups out there. But they continually receive the least attention from us. If an olive skinned man from the other side of Asia had been responsible for this whole Sony thing, we'd already have Marines on the way, and planes in the air bombing the shit out of them. Iraq, left us alone. Gaddafi? Left us alone. ISIS, left us alone. But we screwed with them anyway. But North Korea? As you say, we can't handle anything else on our plate, right now. Because we're too busy playing world police everywhere else that doesn't concern us. But even if we weren't, we still aren't going to do anything about North Korea. It's a very odd, and very troubling, double standard.

It's not sarcasm. North Korea has been overtly hostile toward our country, far more than the vast majority of other countries or groups out there. But they continually receive the least attention from us. If an olive skinned man from the other side of Asia had been responsible for this whole Sony thing, we'd already have Marines on the way, and planes in the air bombing the shit out of them. Iraq, left us alone. Gaddafi? Left us alone. ISIS, left us alone. But we screwed with them anyway. But North Korea? As you say, we can't handle anything else on our plate, right now. Because we're too busy playing world police everywhere else that doesn't concern us. But even if we weren't, we still aren't going to do anything about North Korea. It's a very odd, and very troubling, double standard.
Look to the north of North Korea my son.

You think that China somehow makes everything less odd or disturbing? If you are suggesting that we fear Chinese involvement in a conflict with the Kim Klan, that implies that the reason the US gets involved in Mid East nonsense is because we like picking on the Kindergarteners on the playground who are easy targets. Like the rest of the country, you're offering up excuses.

You think that China somehow makes everything less odd or disturbing? If you are suggesting that we fear Chinese involvement in a conflict with the Kim Klan, that implies that the reason the US gets involved in Mid East nonsense is because we like picking on the Kindergarteners on the playground who are easy targets. Like the rest of the country, you're offering up excuses.
You must be new to the world. Of course thats the case. The US doesnt want anything to do with China in a war. Not too mention the fact that every other enemy we have would be taking advantage of the situation to attack. Ever heard of spreading yourself too thin?

When do we deploy?

After Jan 2017.

When do we deploy?

After Jan 2017.
No. Not even then.

You must be new to the world. Of course thats the case. The US doesnt want anything to do with China in a war. Not too mention the fact that every other enemy we have would be taking advantage of the situation to attack. Ever heard of spreading yourself too thin?

So, all these enemies who don't bother to bother us will attack us if we were engaged with North Korea because after being engaged with North Korea in addition to all the enemies we have who we're fighting who did not bother to bother us, we will be spread too thin.

Ever heard of circular reasoning?

So, all these enemies who don't bother to bother us will attack us if we were engaged with North Korea because after being engaged with North Korea in addition to all the enemies we have who we're fighting who did not bother to bother us, we will be spread too thin.

Ever heard of circular reasoning?
Sounds like you finally got a grip on the circumstances. Maybe now it wont seem so odd to you that we are not attacking N. Korea.

Right.....At least you're willing to admit it's all nonsensical bullshit.

Forum List

Back