America doesn't have a jobs issue, WE HAVE A WAGE ISSUE.

A Call to Action

In New York City, over 150,000 children under five are poor. Last year, nearly 20,000 of these children slept in homeless shelters - enough to fill Madison Square Garden. From the moment they're born, children in poverty face an uphill struggle to survive, thrive and learn with so many odds stacked against them.

When will those in Washington agree? Its time raise the min. wage and its time to give hard working, decent folk wages they can live on. Wall street has had nothing but huge wind falls for the last 2 decades, including tax payer bailouts...when does the trickle down occur, Mr. GOP fuck head!!

Let me ask you a few questions. I'll keep it simple.

Under what constitutional authority does the Federal government dictate to workers the limits of pay that they may contract for their labor? Under what constitutional authority does the Federal government dictate to employers the worth of the work they offer? Finally, under what constitutional authority may the Federal government compel employers to support contracted workers beyond not only the worth of the work they offer, but beyond the worker's own efforts to better their subjective predicaments?

Since the Founders never considered such concepts when crafting the Constitution, please provide reference to article, section, and paragraph.
I love you constitutional nuts....The people have a right to demand a decent wage from labor and if labor don't like it, they can take their companies and THEIR CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS to China and stay the fuck there.
Then who will pay for your welfare checks?

A Call to Action

In New York City, over 150,000 children under five are poor. Last year, nearly 20,000 of these children slept in homeless shelters - enough to fill Madison Square Garden. From the moment they're born, children in poverty face an uphill struggle to survive, thrive and learn with so many odds stacked against them.

When will those in Washington agree? Its time raise the min. wage and its time to give hard working, decent folk wages they can live on. Wall street has had nothing but huge wind falls for the last 2 decades, including tax payer bailouts...when does the trickle down occur, Mr. GOP fuck head!!

Thank god that New York has raised the minimum wage, and therefore in a few short years there will be no more poverty in New York. The really good news is when the rest of the unenlightened parts of the country see what wonderful things have occurred, they too will raise their minimum wage. At that point poverty will disappear in the US. ITS SO WONDERFUL,
The state budget includes a historic increase in the minimum wage, ultimately reaching $15 an hour for all workers in all industries across the state.

• For workers in New York City employed by large businesses (those with at least 11 employees), the minimum wage would rise to $11 at the end of 2016, then another $2 each year after, reaching $15 on 12/31/2018.
  • For workers in New York City employed by small businesses (those with 10 employees or fewer), the minimum wage would rise to $10.50 by the end of 2016, then another $1.50 each year after, reaching $15 on 12/31/2019.
  • For workers in Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester Counties, the minimum wage would increase to $10 at the end of 2016, then $1 each year after, reaching $15 on 12/31/2021.
  • For workers in the rest of the state, the minimum wage would increase to $9.70 at the end of 2016, then another .70 each year after until reaching $12.50 on 12/31/2020 – after which will continue to increase to $15 on an indexed schedule to be set by the Director of the Division of Budget in consultation with the Department of Labor.

What is the percentage of households that depend on one worker earning the minimum wage?

Minimum%20Wage_zpsfkyatctu.jpg

A Call to Action

Under what constitutional authority does the Federal government dictate to workers the limits of pay that they may contract for their labor? Under what constitutional authority does the Federal government dictate to employers the worth of the work they offer? Finally, under what constitutional authority may the Federal government compel employers to support contracted workers beyond not only the worth of the work they offer, but beyond the worker's own efforts to better their subjective predicaments?

Since the Founders never considered such concepts when crafting the Constitution, please provide reference to article, section, and paragraph.
I love you constitutional nuts....The people have a right to demand a decent wage from labor and if labor don't like it, they can take their companies and THEIR CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS to China and stay the fuck there.

When you have the government fucking you with regulations and unions forcing companies to pay $70/hr to put a rivet into a car, offuckingcourse the company is going to split.

Any time the government injects itself into the marketplace, the people get fucked. Progressives fall all over themselves with efforts to level the playing field and all it does is benefit a handful and fuck over hordes of people.........every....fucking..........time. And look where trickle-down poverty economics have gotten this country the last few years = no more full time jobs and no benefits which drives them into government dependency = exactly what the progressives want!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Wages can't go up artificially without a negative effect elsewhere. Liberals see everything backwards. They think wages are determined then companies make it work. Minimum wage is the attempt for government to control the economy. It isn't working.

The only way wages go up for everybody is when the economy does better. More money to go around, better pay to keep the help, etc. Liberal policies put the brakes on the economy and raising pay rates blindly can make some lose jobs, or businesses.

I agree but I am a liberal so that pretty much discredits parts of your post. Companies could make it work as long as they were making a profit. However, we know they wish to maximize their profits so they prefer to pay as little as possible.

Would you invest in a company that was just barely earning a profit? Of course not.

Workers are paid what they are worth to their employer. Why would you or I pay someone more than their value?

Minimum wage around the world......

America - $7.25
Denmark - $0
Italy - $0
Sweden - $0
Austria - $0
Germany, voted $8.50 just this year...was $0 before.

"And yet in 2015, six years into recovery, there is still a huge and heavy undercurrent of discontent that breaks out into this kind of nonsensical “solution.” There has been a resurgent trend toward Marxism already (dating back to Occupy Wall Street that survived in sentiment beyond that pitiful outbreak) that flares up here and there with the next great Marx replica (Picketty being the last, global vestige). In a real recovery, none of this counterproductive meandering would stand a chance. If the labor market were growing as it should, in sharp contrast to how it has been presented over the past year, minimum wage laws would be the furthest from the mainstream."

The True Minimum Wage Is $0 Per Hour | Zero Hedge

The Obama recovery is a joke!!:2up:

That would sure motivate people to do something meaningful with their lives. I don't bust my ass every day for you or anyone else. I do my job to earn money for myself. If you don't have adequate housing or food do something about it. ffs

That would sure motivate people to do something meaningful with their lives. I don't bust my ass every day for you or anyone else. I do my job to earn money for myself. If you don't have adequate housing or food do something about it. ffs

In other words; I have mine so fuck everyone else?

No. "I have mine. Why didn't you work to get yours?"

What percentage of your total income is disposable income? (total income minus taxes, shelter, utilities, food, transportation)

Being essentially debt free, a large percentage.

My guess is that you haven't heard of 'working class poor.' These are people that work full-time that barely squeak by in meeting basic needs. The top two States, Mississippi and Arizona are both RED States.

So you don't know.

The working poor are growing because our government punishes people for working.

Low wages are fine, if you aren't taxed up the ASS and if your food doesn't cost more than your life's blood is worth. And both of those conditions are creately SOLELY by the tyrannical, unconstitutional and communistic policies that punish people for working.

The working poor are growing because our government punishes people for working.

How so?

Low wages are fine, if you aren't taxed up the ASS and if your food doesn't cost more than your life's blood is worth. And both of those conditions are creately SOLELY by the tyrannical, unconstitutional and communistic policies that punish people for working.

Low wages and high food costs are created by corporate America.

Who's taxed 'up the ass?' It's not corporations. It's not the rich/wealthy.

How are high food costs and low wages "CREATED" by corporate America?

Specifically, who pays corporate taxes?

If the rich/wealthy aren't being taxed "up the ass", and 47 percent of households pay NO income taxes, who is making up the difference.

I'm curious, in your opinion, how much does a household earn to be rich or wealthy?

Wages can't go up artificially without a negative effect elsewhere. Liberals see everything backwards. They think wages are determined then companies make it work. Minimum wage is the attempt for government to control the economy. It isn't working.

The only way wages go up for everybody is when the economy does better. More money to go around, better pay to keep the help, etc. Liberal policies put the brakes on the economy and raising pay rates blindly can make some lose jobs, or businesses.

I agree but I am a liberal so that pretty much discredits parts of your post. Companies could make it work as long as they were making a profit. However, we know they wish to maximize their profits so they prefer to pay as little as possible.

Would you invest in a company that was just barely earning a profit? Of course not.

Workers are paid what they are worth to their employer. Why would you or I pay someone more than their value?
I wouldnt invest in any company. i only invest in myself.

Of course workers are paid at maximum what they are worth to their employers. Most of the time a lot less. No i wouldnt pay anyone more than their current value unless I wanted to keep them and groom them for more future value.

My guess is that you haven't heard of 'working class poor.' These are people that work full-time that barely squeak by in meeting basic needs. The top two States, Mississippi and Arizona are both RED States.

So you don't know.

How so?

Entrepreneurs are taxed up the ass.
Working class people are taxed up the ass. Gas is taxed up the ass. Our property is taxed up the ass. We are forced to purchase insurance at ridiculous and back breaking rates, which means we have less and less for our children and food.
And our wages aren't low, dumbass. High food costs are created by government interference with production and resource management.

Obviously you have never had a business or you were too dumb to understand all the tax write offs business owners get.

You...OBVIOUSLY do not understand tax write-offs. In your opinion, should tax write-offs be eliminated?

So you don't know.

How so?

Working class people are taxed up the ass. Gas is taxed up the ass. Our property is taxed up the ass. We are forced to purchase insurance at ridiculous and back breaking rates, which means we have less and less for our children and food.
And our wages aren't low, dumbass. High food costs are created by government interference with production and resource management.

Obviously you have never had a business or you were too dumb to understand all the tax write offs business owners get.

You...OBVIOUSLY do not understand tax write-offs. In your opinion, should tax write-offs be eliminated?
Obviously you are uneducated about tax write-offs and fishing for information.

Of course workers are paid at maximum what they are worth to their employers. Most of the time a lot less. No i wouldnt pay anyone more than their current value unless I wanted to keep them and groom them for more future value.

So you have no investment portfolio. Good to know since you criticize those who do so frequently.

You seem confused. In one thought, you say "Of course workers are paid at maximum what they are worth to their employers". Then, instantly, you change your mind and say..."Most of the time a lot less". You make no sense.

Then you say, "No, I wouldn't pay anyone more than their current value". Where you agree with me and common business practice.

Then you change the equation saying: "unless I wanted to keep them and groom them for more future value." That's nonsense too. Their CURRENT VALUE is more because you are willing to pay more to THAT specific employee because they have potential.

That too is the reason for unions having destroyed so many industries.

You really should proofread your posts before hitting "Post Reply".

How so?

OBVIOUSLY, you are adept at dodging a simple question.

For your convenience, here again, is the question. In your opinion, should tax write-offs be eliminated?

So you have no investment portfolio. Good to know since you criticize those who do so frequently.

You seem confused. In one thought, you say "Of course workers are paid at maximum what they are worth to their employers". Then, instantly, you change your mind and say..."Most of the time a lot less". You make no sense.

Then you say, "No, I wouldn't pay anyone more than their current value". Where you agree with me and common business practice.

Then you change the equation saying: "unless I wanted to keep them and groom them for more future value." That's nonsense too. Their CURRENT VALUE is more because you are willing to pay more to THAT specific employee because they have potential.

That too is the reason for unions having destroyed so many industries.

You really should proofread your posts before hitting "Post Reply".
I have an investment portfolio. i handle all my investments myself through a great tax sheltered vehicle. i think you are so uneducated you cant fathom the thought of investing in yourself so you have no clue this vehicle exists.

It doesnt make sense to you because you are not that bright. Do i need to dumb it down for you?

I think I spoke to you about this before. Leave the leadership theory to people that have experience. From that comment you just verified you have absolutely none.

You should really learn how to read and take more time before posting. You have exposed yourself numerous times as a slovenly thinker.

How so?

OBVIOUSLY, you are adept at dodging a simple question.

For your convenience, here again, is the question. In your opinion, should tax write-offs be eliminated?

I am very adept at dodging questions and running you in circles. Your question is incomplete and lacking context. Please explain in detail what the circumstance are regarding the status of the social safety net if you want me to answer your question.

dang s0n.........you need to get some real responsibilities in life.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance: Just took a gander at that USMB post count total!!!:ack-1: Wtf s0n?

A Call to Action

Fair Labor Standards Act - FLSA - 29 U.S. Code Chapter 8 | findUSlaw

Sec. 202. Congressional finding and declaration of policy

(a) The Congress finds that the existence, in industries engaged in commerce or in the production of goods for commerce, of labor conditions detrimental to the maintenance of the minimum standard of living necessary for health, efficiency, and general well-being of workers
(1) causes commerce and the channels and instrumentalities of commerce to be used to spread and perpetuate such labor conditions among the workers of the several States;
(2) burdens commerce and the free flow of goods in commerce;
(3) constitutes an unfair method of competition in commerce;
(4) leads to labor disputes burdening and obstructing commerce and the free flow of goods in commerce; and
(5) interferes with the orderly and fair marketing of goods in commerce. That Congress further finds that the employment of persons in domestic service in households affects commerce.
(b) It is declared to be the policy of this chapter, through the exercise by Congress of its power to regulate commerce among the several States and with foreign nations, to correct and as rapidly as practicable to eliminate the conditions above referred to in such industries without substantially curtailing employment or earning power.

So that would be Article I, section 8 paragraph 3.

I see. The "paragraph that stretches".

"Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938".

None of those guys in 1938 were Founders, unless we're talking time travel and secret identities.

Insurance raises rates, Obama mandates that we pay those rates or get our asses taxed off. Irrefutable.

Uh, insurance companies have been raising rates since their inception.....like what fuckin planet have you been living on?

The coverage GOVERNMENT MANDATES you buy has also gone up since their "inception".

Not so long ago you could purchase Major Medical Insurance which covered you if you contracted a serious disease, were in a serious accident or whatever.

You could not afford to own a car if similar mandates were required for your car as for your health insurance.

A Call to Action

Yes. I am most assuredly a "constitutional nut", since it is the law of the land.

Your second point is lacking ... cognizance.

A Call to Action

Yes. I am most assuredly a "constitutional nut", since it is the law of the land.

Your second point is lacking ... cognizance.

Laws written 2 million years ago, LOLOLO

A Call to Action

You do know fuck head that New York state raised it's Minimum wage right?

You do know that, I used the NY story to highlight a national issue and you do know that states like NY and California have no choice but to raise wages when the cost of living is outrageous to began with? Oh and it needs raising again.....its 9 bucks an hour....like really?
You can afford a nice box for that kind of dough...
images

Forum List

Back