America has become an oil company with an army.

Yeah fuck people who just want clean water . This is Oilmerika.
You wrongly assume that oil pipelines = contaminated water. That's a faulty assumption.

Have you read the fine print on how broadly the law will be enforced, as in basically any protests against chemical,oil, gas or other corporations like the Koch brothers whose oil refineries and paper mills alone pollute the air and water in hundreds of locations ? Say.
I have not read the fine print on any laws and I am not defending those laws.

I am saying that the people deliberately standing in the way of rightful action on private property are doing so wrongfully.

You wrongly assume that oil pipelines = contaminated water. That's a faulty assumption.

Have you read the fine print on how broadly the law will be enforced, as in basically any protests against chemical,oil, gas or other corporations like the Koch brothers whose oil refineries and paper mills alone pollute the air and water in hundreds of locations ? Say.
I have not read the fine print on any laws and I am not defending those laws.

I am saying that the people deliberately standing in the way of rightful action on private property are doing so wrongfully.

So if a landowner refusing to give them the right-of-way invites a crowd of protestors to his or her property, that should be okay right ? It works both ways.

So if a landowner refusing to give them the right-of-way invites a crowd of protestors to his or her property, that should be okay right ? It works both ways.
The entity trying to illegally deprive another of his land would be in the wrong.

My understanding is that the oil companies already owned an easement across said land owner's land. To block oil company from using that easement is wrong. The land owner has no right to do that.

The entity trying to illegally deprive another of his land would be in the wrong.

My understanding is that the oil companies already owned an easement across said land owner's land. To block oil company from using that easement is wrong. The land owner has no right to do that.

This is war, whether it's Venezuela, Iraq, Syria, Somalia or here.
10 years in prison seems light to you ? Maybe when there's a big protest we should call in the FBI and Waco the motherfuckers.

This is war, whether it's Venezuela, Iraq, Syria, Somalia or here.
What is war? Meeting the demands of energy?

10 years in prison seems light to you ?
Where did I say that?

Maybe when there's a big protest we should call in the FBI and Waco the motherfuckers.
I didn't say that either.

Should we do nothing and let these protesters block rightful action? Shirley we should do something correct? 10 years is harsh. Death is beyond harsh. But, should we do nothing?

After Standing Rock, protesting pipelines can get you a decade in prison and $100K in fines

bulldozer-protesters.jpg

Here's a snip from the article;
The effort to punish pipeline protestors has spread across states with ample oil and gas reserves in the last two years and, in some cases, has garnered bipartisan support. Besides Louisiana, four other states — Oklahoma, North Dakota, South Dakota and Iowa — have enacted similar laws after protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline generated national attention and inspired a wave of civil disobedience.

Just last week in Texas, House lawmakers passed a bill that makes interfering with some oil and gas operations a third-degree felony — on par with indecent exposure to a child.

Lawmakers in at least seven other states, including Minnesota, Kentucky, and Illinois, are considering similar legislation.

Has become?
Yes we have a government of, for, and by the big corporations and extreme wealthy.

When will Americans wake up to this fact?

too late .............

Do those protesters have the right to stop people from the free use and enjoyment of their own property?
A better question would be is this still the USA or the UCA now?
United Corporations of America it looks like.
Show me your papers.
Where did that come from?

Nobody is advocating full-blown authoritarianism. But, depriving another the rightful use of property rights should carry some sort of punishment.

After Standing Rock, protesting pipelines can get you a decade in prison and $100K in fines

bulldozer-protesters.jpg

The effort to punish pipeline protestors has spread across states with ample oil and gas reserves in the last two years and, in some cases, has garnered bipartisan support. Besides Louisiana, four other states — Oklahoma, North Dakota, South Dakota and Iowa — have enacted similar laws after protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline generated national attention and inspired a wave of civil disobedience.

Just last week in Texas, House lawmakers passed a bill that makes interfering with some oil and gas operations a third-degree felony — on par with indecent exposure to a child.

Lawmakers in at least seven other states, including Minnesota, Kentucky, and Illinois, are considering similar legislation.

And how many of those morons drove to that location to protest in a car that burns gas and uses oil?

Fucking dingbats.

bulldozer-protesters.jpg

Do those protesters have the right to stop people from the free use and enjoyment of their own property?
In the first example in the article given the link to, it was not the oil company's property, it was a private owner's.... the protesters had permission, yet some were arrested anyway...

Though the protesters were on private land with the landowner’s permission

The pipeline company had permission too, and they had the right to accomplish their work.

If this is in the Atchafalaya basin, the property owner has restrictions on what they can and cannot do there, because the whole area is a spillway for the Mississippi in case of high waters.

Real protesters would take the hit, do the time and come back out again and do it all over.

bulldozer-protesters.jpg

In the first example in the article given the link to, it was not the oil company's property, it was a private owner's.... the protesters had permission, yet some were arrested anyway...

Though the protesters were on private land with the landowner’s permission
So, you're telling me that the people laying the pipeline had no right to do so?

I don't know if they did, or they did not....? I was just correcting your claim or comment, that it was the oil company's private land to do as they wish.... is what you implied?

They probably had right of way access, and as I said in the post above, if this is in The Atchafalaya basin, then even the property owner has restricted rights to his land.

bulldozer-protesters.jpg

We should be advancing fusion (an energy with a future).

Pipelines are actually the safest way to move petroleum, and modern ones have multiple detectors to pick up on a leak.
Are you sure ?
List of pipeline accidents in the United States in 2019 - Wikipedia

30 Years of Oil and Gas Pipeline Spills, Mapped - CityLab

He didn't say they were 100% effective. He simply said that pipelines are the safest.

When you consider the amount of product moved compared to the amount spilled it's undeniably the safest way.

Forum List

Back