America is a different place than it was 75 years ago - it was relatively safe

So, what exactly has changed?
This is what you need from 75 years ago ...that would be 1940 ...the good times ...
when people felt secure and safe ...well not the Black folks ...they were hung beaten and murdered wantonly by white folks ...yeah by white folks

A History of Racial Injustice - Equal Justice Initiative

Brownsville.jpg

June 20th, 1940

NAACP Leader Elbert Williams Lynched in Brownsville, Tennessee
In 1940, 75 percent of the 19,000 people living in Brownsville, Tennessee, were African American. African Americans had been prevented from voting in Brownsville since 1884. In May 1940, members of the Brownsville chapter of the NAACP organized a voting rights drive. One month after the drive began, on June 20, 1940, NAACP leader Elbert Williams was abducted from his home in Brownsville by a group of white men headed by the local sheriff and the night marshal. Three days later, Mr. Williams’s lifeless and brutalized body was found in the Hatchie River. He was thirty-one years old.

So, what exactly has changed?
This is what you need from 75 years ago ...that would be 1940 ...the good times ...
when people felt secure and safe ...well not the Black folks ...they were hung beaten and murdered wantonly by white folks ...yeah by white folks

A History of Racial Injustice - Equal Justice Initiative

Brownsville.jpg

June 20th, 1940

NAACP Leader Elbert Williams Lynched in Brownsville, Tennessee
In 1940, 75 percent of the 19,000 people living in Brownsville, Tennessee, were African American. African Americans had been prevented from voting in Brownsville since 1884. In May 1940, members of the Brownsville chapter of the NAACP organized a voting rights drive. One month after the drive began, on June 20, 1940, NAACP leader Elbert Williams was abducted from his home in Brownsville by a group of white men headed by the local sheriff and the night marshal. Three days later, Mr. Williams’s lifeless and brutalized body was found in the Hatchie River. He was thirty-one years old.
. Yes, those were dark days for the black Americans in this country sadly enough, and if you expand the thinking, it was probably the same around the world for them as were with others just as well. Ok, so the idea that was born where ? Africa ??? That a man could be sold, and then forced into labor as a slave was a tragic situation in the history of the world for sure. Your point is made on this, but the OP's point is also legit when it came to a culture setting itself up way back in history, and then creating laws to live by (good laws not bad laws for the most part), and then enforcing those laws in order to keep their communities and culture intact, productive, and safe. What is being echoed today is that in the attempt to mix the cultures over time, and to push multi-culturalism without unity or without addressing the situation's that have arisen over the possible vengence being sought after by influential members of a disgruntled group, (who then go forth to use the gaurd being lowered or let down by willing participant's in another targeted group) is a problem, and can be a problem..... The attempt of using a trojan horse method in order to cause chaos and mayhem amongst the culture/group in which is then infiltrated for that purpose has got to be outed when ever is the case. We have great Americans of all races and backgrounds in America, but we have absolutely got to put the past behind us now. It's time to fight for unity, and out those playing the political game of de-unification for the ridiculous notion that one day an entire culture and race can be destroyed in replace of another.

Last edited:
I am sixty, hell, We had harmony and communal harmony back then, it was safe back in the mid sixties. Then, diversity reared it's ugly head. Diversity is the enemy of commonality. A community is about people that conform to laws, standards and ethics . Diversity means ... divisiveness, opposition, and it is the opposite of communal harmony. It leads to divisiveness. If you are black, Hispanics or homosexual...it's divisive as hell. Diversity means divisive. Let's be inclusive. Forget about the clauses.
I grew up in those times
Yea, everything was harmony. As long as blacks knew their place, women accepted their role, gays stayed in the closet........everyone was happy

Great time to be a straight, Christian, white male
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It's relative. Now it's just a bloody mess.

One of the fallacies of history is that the people in the past were always good, generous and law abiding, and people in the future will be saying the same about us.

I am sixty, hell, We had harmony and communal harmony back then, it was safe back in the mid sixties. Then, diversity reared it's ugly head. Diversity is the enemy of commonality. A community is about people that conform to laws, standards and ethics . Diversity means ... divisiveness, opposition, and it is the opposite of communal harmony. It leads to divisiveness. If you are black, Hispanics or homosexual...it's divisive as hell. Diversity means divisive. Let's be inclusive. Forget about the clauses.
I grew up in those times
Yea, everything was harmony. As long as blacks knew their place, women accepted their role, gays stayed in the closet........everyone was happy

Great time to be a straight, Christian, white male
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It's relative. Now it's just a bloody mess.
Never been better

Best years of my life

It was a much more peaceful time. People actually could go to a movie without getting beaten up.
Woman Attacked After Asking Teens To 'Be Quiet' In Movie
What happened to a black moviegoer who sat in the wrong section?
. What happened ???? I'll tell you what happened, the Whites sacrificed their very lives to make sure that the refusal to allow blacks in that way didn't ever happen again, and especially if the black was abused for it, so what's that got to do with the posters post about something current ? So you are an advocate of vengence for the sins of the past ?? Do tell.

Last edited:
One of the fallacies of history is that the people in the past were always good, generous and law abiding, and people in the future will be saying the same about us.
. All depends doesn't it, but the stats are the stats, and sadly those stats can be skewed badly all depending upon who is working them.

It was a much more peaceful time. People actually could go to a movie without getting beaten up.
. What happened ???? I'll tell you what happened, the Whites sacrificed their very lives to make sure that the refusal to allow blacks in that way didn't ever happen again, and especially if the black was abused for it, so what's that got to do with the posters post about something current ? So you are an advocate of vengence for the sins of the past ?? Do tell.
Civil Rights movement as described by racists

Back 50+ years ago, there was a moral center to this culture. Yes, we didn't have men parading around in pink mankinis and the weirdosexuals, illegal aliens, criminals or drug pushers dictating to us what normality IS. Even the bad guys knew what we as a culture would accept and what was excessive. But NOW? That sense of commonality is dead and gone. Too bad. You kids don't know what you are missing.

Back 50+ years ago, there was a moral center to this culture. Yes, we didn't have men parading around in pink mankinis and the weirdosexuals, illegal aliens, criminals or drug pushers dictating to us what normality IS. Even the bad guys knew what we as a culture would accept and what was excessive. But NOW? That sense of commonality is dead and gone. Too bad. You kids don't know what you are missing.

Depends on what you consider moral

There was less divorce but many marriages were shams kept together for appearance sake. Women had few options....that is not morality

Gays were not allowed to openly express their sexuality. They still existed, but would lose their jobs and families if they came out.......that is not morality

Discrimination was open and accepted.....that is not morality

I never saw that happen but if it did, a manager would tell them to move.

If this is what the problem is it's easy to solve. Just have a section in every theater where people would not be subject to beating be black people. Call it the white only section.

Last edited:

There was less divorce but many marriages were shams kept together for appearance sake. Women had few options....that is not morality

Gays were not allowed to openly express their sexuality. They still existed, but would lose their jobs and families if they came out.......that is not morality

Discrimination? Please, that is a key word from liberals. I am glad we ended segregation, but it never ended discrimination. Think about it. Money segregates and aids and abets discrimination. THAT hasn't gone away yet. I end my post at that.

Civil Rights movement as described by racists
. You misunderstood my post... I'm saying that whites fought whites to help the blacks overcome their oppressors. Didn't word my post right, so apologize for the confusion.

Discrimination? Please, that is a key word from liberals. I am glad we ended segregation, but it never ended discrimination. Think about it. Money segregates and aids and abets discrimination. THAT hasn't gone away yet. I end my post at that.
There is a difference in the discrimination of wealth and discrimination due to race, ethnicity, sex or sexuality

I equate homosexuals with pedophiles or sociopaths . Broken sexuality and mental illness. They need help, yes. but equality? It rings hollow. No. Sorry, that's the grown up adult response. I am not willing to indulge in rationalizing homosexuality.

I equate homosexuals with pedophiles or sociopaths . Broken sexuality and mental illness. They need help, yes. but equality? It rings hollow. No. Sorry, that's the grown up adult response. I am not willing to indulge in rationalizing homosexuality.

Forum List

Back