American Bar Association: LGBT people entitled to basic human rights & protections

Which came first, basic human rights & protections or the LGBT?

'Tis a no-brainer.

'Tis a no-brainer.
Well we could say that LGBT citizens have always existed but they have unfortunately not always been afforded basic human rights and protections. Therefore, this is a resolution whose time has come.

The Randy Report: American Bar Association: LGBT people entitled to basic human rights & protections

------------------------------------------------------------
KUDOS to the American Bar Association for their wonderful resolution that people should take good notice of and heed.

I agree there should have basic human rights and protection. But marriage it should be between man and woman

Even when two people of the same gender fall in love and wish to marry?

'Tis a no-brainer.
Well we could say that LGBT citizens have always existed but they have unfortunately not always been afforded basic human rights and protections. Therefore, this is a resolution whose time has come.

I suppose. Society's morals and mores have obviously evolved over the years.

Heck, in this country basic human rights predated the Ferguson Negroes.

Yet, too often, those afforded rights blithely abuse them.

The Randy Report: American Bar Association: LGBT people entitled to basic human rights & protections

KUDOS to the American Bar Association for their wonderful resolution that people should take good notice of and heed.

I agree there should have basic human rights and protection. But marriage it should be between man and woman

It is.

It’s also between same-sex couples.

Then don't marry someone who is the same sex as you.

Why aren't you happy to be free to live as you choose? Why do you believe you have the right to take freedom from other people and force them to live as you would live?

I just don't get it.

Why aren't you happy to be free to live as you choose? Why do you believe you have the right to take freedom from other people and force them to live as you would live?

I just don't get it.

It’s fear.

Fear of change, diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.

No one needs to be entitled with rights, they are born with them, and those rights do not give anyone the right to demand anything of anyone else.

Now, to address the resolution, what good does the ABA think it is going to do to pass a resolution against laws in other countries?

Last edited:

'Tis a no-brainer.

If we said that we would be lying, therefore, we will not say it.

You, however, are still free to lie, you seem to think you are good at it.

I just don't get it.

It’s fear.

Fear causes people to demand that other people cater to their demands of special treatment?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It shouldn't be as God forbids it. We shouldn't have a minority of people so small of a percentage in population to monopolize and desecrate a moral American tradition that has been one of the cornerstone founding principles that has sustained this country since it's inception.

It shouldn't be as God forbids it. We shouldn't have a minority of people so small of a percentage in population to monopolize and desecrate a moral American tradition that has been one of the cornerstone founding principles that has sustained this country since it's inception.
God didn't forbid same sex couples getting married. And our country wasn't founded on marriage.

There isn't minority trying to monopolize anything, it's just trying to break a monopoly of the majority. That was a founding principle.

Last edited:

I just don't get it.

It’s fear.

Fear causes people to demand that other people cater to their demands of special treatment?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If I get your implication correctly you fear God's wrath if you allow LGBT marriage? If so then:

Was Lot punished for the sins of the wicked within Sodom & Gomorrah? Did God himself not say that if there were but 10 good men were found, he would spare them all?

It always puzzles me that the faithful seem to have no faith in God's decision to give mankind free will. I am no believer, but if my sexual preferences over right all the good I do in my life, then that is a punishment I will accept responsibility for. Why do the faithful insist upon trying to "protect" me from a punishment I do not believe in, and one that I am willing to accept?

They don't already have "basic human rights"?

What a dumb ass retarded thread. They're so oppressed they don't have their own parades or an abnormal % of representation on network tv.

*facepalm*

I just don't get it.
I don't get it either. No one likes others messing with their personal business. That is for darn sure. But this penchant to try to mold everyone into one basic totem pole with every head there rigidly in line with the others according to their wishes is blatantly wrong. People were born to be different. If we were all the same then we would have mere clones rather than expressive individuality. So, people need to get off their high horse in thinking they are far greater and better than anyone else and start seeing things for what they truly are. That two same-gendered people are not going to affect Your marriage nor Your relationship nor Your job one iota just because they choose to marry each other. You more than likely don't even know who those two folks are and shouldn't care about their personal business. Quit being so disgusting already. :mad:

What a dumb ass retarded thread. They're so oppressed they don't have their own parades or an abnormal % of representation on network tv.

*facepalm*

No, they don’t.

That you believe otherwise and exhibit your hate, stupidity, and ignorance concerning gay Americans is proof of that.

*facepalm*

No, they don’t.

That you believe otherwise and exhibit your hate, stupidity, and ignorance concerning gay Americans is proof of that.

Prove me wrong

God didn't forbid same sex couples getting married. And our country wasn't founded on marriage.

There isn't minority trying to monopolize anything, it's just trying to break a monopoly of the majority. That was a founding principle.
You're right. And centuries ago Same-Sex Marriage was certainly allowed, as a scholarly university professor and Chairman of the History Department of Yale, a prestigious university, found out. Everyone should read this scholarly article.

Anthropologist Community - When Same-Sex Marriage Was a Christian Rite

Forum List

Back