American children will praise Allah

Truth hurts, eh?
You feel free to teach your fundy children exactly that about Islam. I would leave out no facts. Yes, he killed, yes he had multiple wives. Having multiple young wives was part of the culture back then.

When teaching about the Middle East I would have no qualms in teaching the children the way the culture there does not treat women as equals, and that women's rights are lacking in many of the religious countries. How else can you explain that women there cover themselves head to toe. It's part of learning about that culture to learn things we find distasteful.

But I'm not about simply hashing Islam with simple propaganda statements like what you fundies want "Mohammed was a child molester and murderer ".

have you encountered anyone who has INSISTED that USA school curriculum include a teaching 'MUHUMMAD WAS A CHILD MOLESTER AND MURDERER"???? I have not. I can discuss the school curriculum of some
muslim states-----regarding Christianity, Judaism and Hinduism
Yes, Tilly in this thread advocated that. I don't know why you'd suggest whether or not American education should resemble the education system of "Muslim states". That seems kind of a non-issue.

I consider it an issue. I do believe that American children--------when a bit mature---like high school level-------have a right to know the kind of propaganda that muslim kids are TAUGHT in their schools, mosques and homes. I have actual reasons. My very own kid----
was paired with a PAKISTANI in chemistry lab. ---high school Several times per week he came home saying "you won't believe what SIDDIQUE told me today"-----and a few other unfortunate incidents-------like Siddique yelling 'HINDUISM IS NOT A RELIGION'---------in the vicinity of a hindu girl. My kid
was horrified. Kids in high school have a right to know what they are UP AGAINST so they can deal with it.
So you do want them to learn about Muslims, but only to learn to hate and fear Muslims. You don't want kids to learn what Muslims believe themselves, but you want them to learn only that Muslims hate all non Muslims and therefore Muslims are evil.
True. I want to know if Muslims really believe Sharia law should be the law of the USA and do they really believe all non muslims should be murdered. Ask a Christian they'll tell you yes. But Christians only want you to hear their side of the story.

Reminds me of when I tell them Christianity is just another made up religion and I show them evidence. They don't want to hear anything that contradicts what their pastor has told them, which is just another lie. He may believe what he's saying but he was lied to too. So was his ancestors etc.

You seem to have comprehension problems. I've repeatedly told you I don't want Islam in schools, and I asked you, since you do, what would you teach about Muhammad, of course you had to whitewash him. I don't think that is at all a moral or helpful approach.

Muhammad was like the polar opposite of Jesus. I'd rather my children learned about and followed the latter
... and ignorant about all other religions.

You're getting annoying, if a parent doesn't want their child exposed to Islam it's the parent's right, children belong to parents, not society. When a child gets older and wants to explore different religions then they can, until then keep it out of schools[/QUOTE]
Yes, it is your right. So keep them out of public school as you have. Otherwise, it is not a violation of the law to teach about religion, so if the board of education decides it should be in the curriculum, tough shit for you.[/QUOTE]

LOL ya don't have to get all pissy, pussy.

You feel free to teach your fundy children exactly that about Islam. I would leave out no facts. Yes, he killed, yes he had multiple wives. Having multiple young wives was part of the culture back then.

When teaching about the Middle East I would have no qualms in teaching the children the way the culture there does not treat women as equals, and that women's rights are lacking in many of the religious countries. How else can you explain that women there cover themselves head to toe. It's part of learning about that culture to learn things we find distasteful.

But I'm not about simply hashing Islam with simple propaganda statements like what you fundies want "Mohammed was a child molester and murderer ".

have you encountered anyone who has INSISTED that USA school curriculum include a teaching 'MUHUMMAD WAS A CHILD MOLESTER AND MURDERER"???? I have not. I can discuss the school curriculum of some
Yes, Tilly in this thread advocated that. I don't know why you'd suggest whether or not American education should resemble the education system of "Muslim states". That seems kind of a non-issue.
You seem to have comprehension problems. I've repeatedly told you I don't want Islam in schools, and I asked you, since you do, what would you teach about Muhammad, of course you had to whitewash him. I don't think that is at all a moral or helpful approach.
Avoiding hateful propaganda statements is hardly whitewashing.

So we mark you down with wanting to keep the kids ignorant about life, beliefs, and practices in the Muslim world ... ignorant about 1.2 billion people.

You lose!
You want lies about Islam to be taught in schools. Shameful.
The entire religion called Christianity is based on a lie. No god visited or sent his son.

where did anyone suggest that just because muhummad was a murderer, thief and rapist -----that fact makes "ALL MUSLIMS" murderers thieves, and rapists?
If they worship a man who is legitimately defined by those terms, are they not evil regardless of whether they themselves do those things?

In teaching about Christianity and Judaism, would you emphasize that God ordered the massacre of non-believing cultures? Of course you wouldn't, fundy.

To Muslims, Mohammed is not defined as a rapist and murderer, so that is not what you would emphasize about Mohammed when you are teaching about Islamic culture.

In history, it is appropriate to go into more detail about what exactly early Muslims did.
If You value truth you should not be complicit in hiding the truth about Islams origins.
Again, your fundy truth is a propaganda of hatred. IN geography, the subject is the people of the Middle East today. You learn enough about their history and beliefs to understand them. They do not consider Mohammed a rapist, child molestor, murderer, and thief. So that is not appropriate in learning about them. However, the treatment of women there today traces it's roots back to history and religuon, and so there is no need to hide facts there.

You want propaganda statements taught.

I want facts taught as relevant to understanding Middle EasterN culture today.

When the subject is history, then the focus is more in historical details.

You simply do not understand education and learning.
Muslims know exactly what momad was, they just don't think of it as a problem to them. They'd prefer the rest of us not know, and you want to help them. Shame on you.
You just exposed your insidious hatred of 1.2 billion Muslims, and so your ideas for what the education of our children should be have been rendered null.and void.

I missed it-------where did TILLY EXPOSE HATRED? I have interacted with many muslims over the past 45+ years--------the fact is that muslims DO LIE ABOUT THEIR OWN HISTORY or repeat lies that they have been taught------even as adults
when they should KNOW better. Long long ago-----an enthusiastic muslim surgeon educated in Karachi-------told me about the FAMOUS DOCTOR of medieval times who was "born a jew" but converted to islam----in Moorish spain
and BECAME A FAMOUS DOCTOR. I asked his name. it was MAIMONIDES. The poor guy----had actually learned that nonsense in KARACHI----in medical school, no less. . He should have ------FIGURED IT OUT by the time he reached 30. American children should be prepared for the fact
that muslims "LEARN" stuff in muslim countries------just as my mom told me----- when I was a little kid--------"DOWN SOUTH, COLORED PEOPLE SIT AT THE BACK OF THE BUS" ------she went to florida during world war II-----to be near my navy father.. That story precedes ROSA PARKS

If they worship a man who is legitimately defined by those terms, are they not evil regardless of whether they themselves do those things?

In teaching about Christianity and Judaism, would you emphasize that God ordered the massacre of non-believing cultures? Of course you wouldn't, fundy.

To Muslims, Mohammed is not defined as a rapist and murderer, so that is not what you would emphasize about Mohammed when you are teaching about Islamic culture.

In history, it is appropriate to go into more detail about what exactly early Muslims did.
If You value truth you should not be complicit in hiding the truth about Islams origins.
Again, your fundy truth is a propaganda of hatred. IN geography, the subject is the people of the Middle East today. You learn enough about their history and beliefs to understand them. They do not consider Mohammed a rapist, child molestor, murderer, and thief. So that is not appropriate in learning about them. However, the treatment of women there today traces it's roots back to history and religuon, and so there is no need to hide facts there.

You want propaganda statements taught.

I want facts taught as relevant to understanding Middle EasterN culture today.

When the subject is history, then the focus is more in historical details.

You simply do not understand education and learning.
Muslims know exactly what momad was, they just don't think of it as a problem to them. They'd prefer the rest of us not know, and you want to help them. Shame on you.
You just exposed your insidious hatred of 1.2 billion Muslims, and so your ideas for what the education of our children should be have been rendered null.and void.
Understanding is not hatred. You want to teach lies in school. And it's 1.6 billion :)
You don't understand them. You simply hate them.

I am all for truth to be taught.

You are for propaganda to be taught.

I consider it an issue. I do believe that American children--------when a bit mature---like high school level-------have a right to know the kind of propaganda that muslim kids are TAUGHT in their schools, mosques and homes. I have actual reasons. My very own kid----
was paired with a PAKISTANI in chemistry lab. ---high school Several times per week he came home saying "you won't believe what SIDDIQUE told me today"-----and a few other unfortunate incidents-------like Siddique yelling 'HINDUISM IS NOT A RELIGION'---------in the vicinity of a hindu girl. My kid
was horrified. Kids in high school have a right to know what they are UP AGAINST so they can deal with it.
So you do want them to learn about Muslims, but only to learn to hate and fear Muslims. You don't want kids to learn what Muslims believe themselves, but you want them to learn only that Muslims hate all non Muslims and therefore Muslims are evil.
True. I want to know if Muslims really believe Sharia law should be the law of the USA and do they really believe all non muslims should be murdered. Ask a Christian they'll tell you yes. But Christians only want you to hear their side of the story.

Reminds me of when I tell them Christianity is just another made up religion and I show them evidence. They don't want to hear anything that contradicts what their pastor has told them, which is just another lie. He may believe what he's saying but he was lied to too. So was his ancestors etc.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.....another atheist heard from

Avoiding hateful propaganda statements is hardly whitewashing.

So we mark you down with wanting to keep the kids ignorant about life, beliefs, and practices in the Muslim world ... ignorant about 1.2 billion people.

You lose!
You want lies about Islam to be taught in schools. Shameful.
The entire religion called Christianity is based on a lie. No god visited or sent his son.

ok that is your opinion It should not be taught in school nor should the fact
that Muhummad invented silly stories about talking to an angel named JIBRIL
be taught in public school

your are babbling BOO BOO-----the subject was public school-----not your
chatter in the bar

Muhammad was like the polar opposite of Jesus. I'd rather my children learned about and followed the latter

You're getting annoying, if a parent doesn't want their child exposed to Islam it's the parent's right, children belong to parents, not society. When a child gets older and wants to explore different religions then they can, until then keep it out of schools
Yes, it is your right. So keep them out of public school as you have. Otherwise, it is not a violation of the law to teach about religion, so if the board of education decides it should be in the curriculum, tough shit for you.[/QUOTE]

LOL ya don't have to get all pissy, pussy.[/QUOTE]

So you agree that creationism ought not be taught in schools under the pretense it's science.

What's the "truth"? That he's a murderer and child molester and so all Muslims are evil? Is that the propaganda you want taught? Fundy?
Truth hurts, eh?

It's not my fault mo married a 6 yr old, had sex with her when she was 9, nor that he was a murderous warmonger, thief, rapist and slaver. I happen to believe truth is important, and the truth about Islam is so ugly I wouldn't be teaching young children about it, neither should schools be.
In geography, the emphasis is on the practice of Muslims today, in which you would reach what they believe about Mohammed. The gory details of history are more appropriate for a history course.
Islam has no place in our schools, particularly if it's going to be sugar coated.

Should we also not tell schoolchildren that the Pilgrims were Christians?

Duh. Of course it's religious as would be learning the major Hindu gods to understand Indian Hindu culture.

Then it shouldn't be taught in public schools. You're painting yourself into a corner
You're advocating keeping kids ignorant. Not surprising for a rube. Ignorance keeps your belief system in tact.

Our children are honor students, so much for being ignorant :)
Honor students can be ignorant, rube. If you have a talent for test taking like I did, and a knack for reading, writing, math, and note taking as well, being an honor student is as easy as 1 2 3. And I am an ignorant person.

Honor students at a private academy is a wee bit different than the public school honor students. One of our twins is on the debate team, I actually feel sorry for public school students when they go up against them, it's ugly

Is your 'twin' only expected to debate the side of issues he or she agrees with?

You're getting annoying, if a parent doesn't want their child exposed to Islam it's the parent's right, children belong to parents, not society. When a child gets older and wants to explore different religions then they can, until then keep it out of schools

LOL ya don't have to get all pissy, pussy.[/QUOTE]
So you've devolved to pure trolling.

Yep. Simple trolling. Evidence you've lost this debate.

ATTENTION CYBERWORLD DAVROS HAD DECLARED SASSYLASSIE

****THE LOSER*****

****THE LOSER*****
Sure thing, troll sock. :cool-45:

****THE LOSER*****

Bleh, left loons are always proclaiming themselves the winner, Sealydildo was off topic, he lost before he began

He was off topic and in a real debate would have been penalized. You never debated did you? LOL

****THE LOSER*****

Bleh, left loons are always proclaiming themselves the winner, Sealydildo was off topic, he lost before he began
And 3 minutes later she's back as SassyIrishLass.

****THE LOSER*****

And 3 minutes later she's back as SassyIrishLass.

What the hell are you blabbering about now? Why do you idiots get all pissed off when people won't agree with you? Childish

Forum List

Back