American children will praise Allah

You just exposed your insidious hatred of 1.2 billion Muslims, and so your ideas for what the education of our children should be have been rendered null.and void.
Understanding is not hatred. You want to teach lies in school. And it's 1.6 billion :)
You don't understand them. You simply hate them.

I am all for truth to be taught.

You are for propaganda to be taught.
No, you want to whitewash, you want them copying out the shahada, and you want to propagandise for Islam. In schools no less. Tsk tsk tsk.
I already said I didn't agree with the assignment, but that it was harmless.

I want kids to learn about what Muslims believe and do in their World Geography studies, yes.
But you are wilfully ignorant and seek only to whitewash. Terrible attitude that has no place in education.

Funny you use the term whitewash, a school in Tennessee is under fire for teaching Islam and leaving out key points of it such as Jihad, parents are pissed off and they are calling for the head of whoever is behind it.

Understanding is not hatred. You want to teach lies in school. And it's 1.6 billion :)

No, you want to whitewash, you want them copying out the shahada, and you want to propagandise for Islam. In schools no less. Tsk tsk tsk.

I want kids to learn about what Muslims believe and do in their World Geography studies, yes.
But you are wilfully ignorant and seek only to whitewash. Terrible attitude that has no place in education.

Funny you use the term whitewash, a school in Tennessee is under fire for teaching Islam and leaving out key points of it such as Jihad, parents are pissed off and they are calling for the head of whoever is behind it.
Bunchasavages.

See that's proof that you rubes demand teaching hatred of Islam. But if you knew the 5 pillars of Islam, you'd know jihad isn't one of them.

Bunchasavages.

See that's proof that you rubes demand teaching hatred of Islam. But if you knew the 5 pillars of Islam, you'd know jihad isn't one of them.

Is Jihad in the Koran? This would be a gotcha moment

Bunchasavages.

Uh ... yes it is. Does teaching about Islam require teaching the whole Koran? Gotcha back.

Bunchasavages.

Uh ... yes it is. Does teaching about Islam require teaching the whole Koran? Gotcha back.

You just want the "good" parts taught? That would be the whitewashing Tilly nailed you on....game, set and match. You're dismissed

You just exposed your insidious hatred of 1.2 billion Muslims, and so your ideas for what the education of our children should be have been rendered null.and void.

you're pushing an agenda and seeking to defame.

parents are mad that their agenda and bigotry wasn't pushed by the school. imagine that.

....."In October, a lawmaker in Tennessee introduced a bill that would forbid lessons about Islam until children reach high school, saying she feared the "indoctrination" of young students.".....

...."
Not infrequently, lessons about Islam tend toward apologetics," said Winfield Myers, director of Campus Watch. "What we find in schools … is a portrayal of Islam in a very positive light and a portrayal of Christianity and Judaism in a very negative light." Myers said he wants a "balanced view that recognizes the good and bad" of Islam and Western civilization.

As for the controversial lesson in Virginia, Myers said, "We have utterly no objection to practicing Arabic calligraphy." But he added, "If you were learning Greek, it would be unlikely a public school teacher would have you learn in Greek by writing 'Jesus Christ is our lord and savior.'"....
Public schools struggle with lessons about Islam amid renewed fears of terrorism

Bunchasavages.

You just want the "good" parts taught? That would be the whitewashing Tilly nailed you on....game, set and match. You're dismissed
No. I want kids to understand the most important parts. Now in this day and age, yes, it would be important to understand what the terrorists mean when they say "jihad" so I wouldn't agree with totally leaving it out. But it is not one of the main tenets of the religion.

....."In October, a lawmaker in Tennessee introduced a bill that would forbid lessons about Islam until children reach high school, saying she feared the "indoctrination" of young students.".....

...."
Not infrequently, lessons about Islam tend toward apologetics," said Winfield Myers, director of Campus Watch. "What we find in schools … is a portrayal of Islam in a very positive light and a portrayal of Christianity and Judaism in a very negative light." Myers said he wants a "balanced view that recognizes the good and bad" of Islam and Western civilization.

As for the controversial lesson in Virginia, Myers said, "We have utterly no objection to practicing Arabic calligraphy." But he added, "If you were learning Greek, it would be unlikely a public school teacher would have you learn in Greek by writing 'Jesus Christ is our lord and savior.'"....
Public schools struggle with lessons about Islam amid renewed fears of terrorism
an ignorant state lawmaker in the south. that's about as common as it gets.

Bunchasavages.

No. I want kids to understand the most important parts. Now in this day and age, yes, it would be important to understand what the terrorists mean when they say "jihad" so I wouldn't agree with totally leaving it out. But it is not one of the main tenets of the religion.

Well going around doing Jihad is pretty important....and people are dying from it

...."

All religions should be portrayed in a neutral light when simply teaching the beliefs and practices of various people around the world.

Bunchasavages.

Well going around doing Jihad is pretty important....and people are dying from it
But it is not a fundamental part of Islam. It is a fundamental part of terrorism. The two are not the same thing.

Bunchasavages.

YUSUFALI: Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward.

I had to stop at page eight of this thread and will write my opinion about this nonsense, and both sides will take issue with my response because of the fact I have issues with the right and left on this subject...

1. The phrase that the teacher attempted to get their student to write should have never been used. I have no real issue with Islam and understand the children of Islam come from the House of Ishmael while the children of Judaism come from the House of Isaac which gave birth to the Children of Christianity.

The teacher should have used another phrase and not use a religious quote that would upset parents. This is not the 1980's or 1960's where doing something like that would have been ignored, but this is 2015 and many on the right will have a issue with the usage of that Arabic Phrase, and I am willing to defend their right to be angry because had it been a Christian phrase in the same manner the left would have been crying about how something like that should not be allowed.

So the Teacher was wrong, and I doubt the teacher had any harmful intent but it was still stupid on their part to use a phrase like that.

2. Allah is God but Jesus is not God.

I will differ from my fellow Christian's in this thread because I do not consider Jesus a divine being, and if anything is the Son of a Divine being.

The stories tell about how his mother Mary was visited by a Angel telling her she would give birth to the son of God, and not God himself.

So as most if not every Christian will object to God being consider Allah because they consider Jesus as God and not what he really is in the stories and that is the Son of God and is not God itself...

I swear the Abrahamic Religions have caused more harm to the general society than any other religion, and for what?

One Sect does not believe in Jesus. Another sect consider him as a Prophet. Then you have another sect that believe Jesus is a divine being or a God.

You know what is funny to me is if there is a God that divine being is looking down on us, and just shaking it damn head and wonder why it did not drown Noah and end humanity when it had a chance!

------

This is my opinion and like my asshole no one will want to read it, and with that I am on Holiday and wish a Blessed Christmas to the Christian's of this site and for the non-Christian's I wish you a blessed Holidays and for the rest a Happy Honda Days from your corporate overlords!

Bunchasavages.

The Quran is littered with exhortations to jihad. The religion of peace, lol.

Bunchasavages.

It is incumbent on all Muslims to engage in jihad. Wassamatterwitya?

Bunchasavages.

The kids might want to know why members of the religion of peace are so busy slaughtering people all around the globe, every day of the week, and why they so often emerge from Friday 'prayers' with a blood lust on.

Bunchasavages.

Jihad can be peaceful. It means "striving". It means working, toiling, fighting for god. It need not mean physical combat.

Bunchasavages.

Jihad can be peaceful. It means "striving". It means working, toiling, fighting for god. It need not mean physical combat.

Now you're getting ridiculous

Forum List

Back