American children will praise Allah

No, you want to whitewash, you want them copying out the shahada, and you want to propagandise for Islam. In schools no less. Tsk tsk tsk.
I already said I didn't agree with the assignment, but that it was harmless.

I want kids to learn about what Muslims believe and do in their World Geography studies, yes.
But you are wilfully ignorant and seek only to whitewash. Terrible attitude that has no place in education.

Funny you use the term whitewash, a school in Tennessee is under fire for teaching Islam and leaving out key points of it such as Jihad, parents are pissed off and they are calling for the head of whoever is behind it.
....."In October, a lawmaker in Tennessee introduced a bill that would forbid lessons about Islam until children reach high school, saying she feared the "indoctrination" of young students.".....

...."
Not infrequently, lessons about Islam tend toward apologetics," said Winfield Myers, director of Campus Watch. "What we find in schools … is a portrayal of Islam in a very positive light and a portrayal of Christianity and Judaism in a very negative light." Myers said he wants a "balanced view that recognizes the good and bad" of Islam and Western civilization.

As for the controversial lesson in Virginia, Myers said, "We have utterly no objection to practicing Arabic calligraphy." But he added, "If you were learning Greek, it would be unlikely a public school teacher would have you learn in Greek by writing 'Jesus Christ is our lord and savior.'"....
Public schools struggle with lessons about Islam amid renewed fears of terrorism
All religions should be portrayed in a neutral light when simply teaching the beliefs and practices of various people around the world.
Children ask questions. They get whitewashed apologetics in response. That is unacceptable. Teachers are ill equipped to teach about Islam. Keep it out of schools.

Bunchasavages.

See that's proof that you rubes demand teaching hatred of Islam. But if you knew the 5 pillars of Islam, you'd know jihad isn't one of them.

Is Jihad in the Koran? This would be a gotcha moment
Uh ... yes it is. Does teaching about Islam require teaching the whole Koran? Gotcha back.

You just want the "good" parts taught? That would be the whitewashing Tilly nailed you on....game, set and match. You're dismissed
No. I want kids to understand the most important parts. Now in this day and age, yes, it would be important to understand what the terrorists mean when they say "jihad" so I wouldn't agree with totally leaving it out. But it is not one of the main tenets of the religion.
It is incumbent on all Muslims to engage in jihad. Wassamatterwitya?
and?

Uh ... yes it is. Does teaching about Islam require teaching the whole Koran? Gotcha back.

You just want the "good" parts taught? That would be the whitewashing Tilly nailed you on....game, set and match. You're dismissed
No. I want kids to understand the most important parts. Now in this day and age, yes, it would be important to understand what the terrorists mean when they say "jihad" so I wouldn't agree with totally leaving it out. But it is not one of the main tenets of the religion.

Well going around doing Jihad is pretty important....and people are dying from it
But it is not a fundamental part of Islam. It is a fundamental part of terrorism. The two are not the same thing.
Jihad is fundamental to Islam. Period.

But you are wilfully ignorant and seek only to whitewash. Terrible attitude that has no place in education.

Funny you use the term whitewash, a school in Tennessee is under fire for teaching Islam and leaving out key points of it such as Jihad, parents are pissed off and they are calling for the head of whoever is behind it.
Bunchasavages.

See that's proof that you rubes demand teaching hatred of Islam. But if you knew the 5 pillars of Islam, you'd know jihad isn't one of them.

The kids might want to know why members of the religion of peace are so busy slaughtering people all around the globe, every day of the week, and why they so often emerge from Friday 'prayers' with a blood lust on.
Hated. Hatred. Hatred. It's all you'VE got. If all 1.6 billion Muslims were what you claim they are, we'd all be dead. So I'm done with this thread. You've shown your hand and I need not say another word.

Bunchasavages.

The Quran is littered with exhortations to jihad. The religion of peace, lol.
Jihad can be peaceful. It means "striving". It means working, toiling, fighting for god. It need not mean physical combat.

Now you're getting ridiculous
you're showing your ignorance again.

Well going around doing Jihad is pretty important....and people are dying from it
But it is not a fundamental part of Islam. It is a fundamental part of terrorism. The two are not the same thing.
Jihad is fundamental to Islam. Period.
it is not one of the five pillars. but if it is as you claim, so?

Bunchasavages.

Jihad can be peaceful. It means "striving". It means working, toiling, fighting for god. It need not mean physical combat.
It means working to further Islam, whether that be by slaughtering, enslaving, or indeed by stealth.

Bunchasavages.

The kids might want to know why members of the religion of peace are so busy slaughtering people all around the globe, every day of the week, and why they so often emerge from Friday 'prayers' with a blood lust on.
Hated. Hatred. Hatred. It's all you'VE got. If all 1.6 billion Muslims were what you claim they are, we'd all be dead. So I'm done with this thread. You've shown your hand and I need not say another word.

Bye..and your whitewashing was exposed. I'd be willing to bet you have a prayer rug

Bunchasavages.

Ta ta :)

Bunchasavages.

It means working to further Islam, whether that be by slaughtering, enslaving, or indeed by stealth.
it's nice how you get to decide for others what their faith means

Bunchasavages.

Propagandising for Islam can be hard work when you're up against people who understand it, eh? Never mind. You tried. And G-d loves a tryer :eusa_angel:

Bunchasavages.

Propagandising for Islam can be hard work when you're up against people who understand it, eh? Never mind. You tried. And G-d loves a tryer :eusa_angel:
so much irony

No, you want to whitewash, you want them copying out the shahada, and you want to propagandise for Islam. In schools no less. Tsk tsk tsk.
I already said I didn't agree with the assignment, but that it was harmless.

I want kids to learn about what Muslims believe and do in their World Geography studies, yes.

....."In October, a lawmaker in Tennessee introduced a bill that would forbid lessons about Islam until children reach high school, saying she feared the "indoctrination" of young students.".....

...."
Not infrequently, lessons about Islam tend toward apologetics," said Winfield Myers, director of Campus Watch. "What we find in schools … is a portrayal of Islam in a very positive light and a portrayal of Christianity and Judaism in a very negative light." Myers said he wants a "balanced view that recognizes the good and bad" of Islam and Western civilization.

As for the controversial lesson in Virginia, Myers said, "We have utterly no objection to practicing Arabic calligraphy." But he added, "If you were learning Greek, it would be unlikely a public school teacher would have you learn in Greek by writing 'Jesus Christ is our lord and savior.'"....
Public schools struggle with lessons about Islam amid renewed fears of terrorism
All religions should be portrayed in a neutral light when simply teaching the beliefs and practices of various people around the world.
Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya xoxoxo :huddle::huddle::huddle::huddle:

Whoops!!!!! It just got worse.....

Virginia Teacher of Islamic ‘Calligraphy Lesson’ Circulated Koran, Excluded Bible

Report: Virginia Teacher of Islamic 'Calligraphy Lesson' Circulated Koran, Excluded Bible - Breitbart
Oh dear..

Last week, ninth-grade-students at Riverheads High School were asked to copy the Shahada for a school assignment.

“She told us the paper meant faith so we didn’t think anything of it,” said Laurel Truxell, a ninth-grader.

But after they found out what they translated, “There is no other God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.” Some students took issue.

“A lot of people got really upset and I refused to do the paper,” said Truxell.

Some students also put on a scarf part of the interactive lesson intended to teach about a religious article of clothing, the Hijab.

“When they asked me to dress up, I said no and the aide said okay, well the teacher pushed and pushed and pushed so I did it, and when she took a picture, I asked for it not to be in the yearbook and she said it was, so that’s when my parents called the school,” said Truxell.

Report: Virginia Teacher of Islamic 'Calligraphy Lesson' Circulated Koran, Excluded Bible - Breitbart

Virginia Teacher of Islamic ‘Calligraphy Lesson’ Circulated Koran, Excluded Bible

Oh dear..

Last week, ninth-grade-students at Riverheads High School were asked to copy the Shahada for a school assignment.

“She told us the paper meant faith so we didn’t think anything of it,” said Laurel Truxell, a ninth-grader.

But after they found out what they translated, “There is no other God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.” Some students took issue.

Some students also put on a scarf part of the interactive lesson intended to teach about a religious article of clothing, the Hijab.

“When they asked me to dress up, I said no and the aide said okay, well the teacher pushed and pushed and pushed so I did it, and when she took a picture, I asked for it not to be in the yearbook and she said it was, so that’s when my parents called the school,” said Truxell.

I figured it was worse than first reported, some teacher had an agenda

Recently, state legislators and parents in Tennessee objected strenuously to CAIR’s practice of distributing materials to Tennessee public school teachers.

In October, Tennessee State Senator Joe Hensley wrote:

Parents have also voiced great concern that the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is providing curriculum support to school districts on the teaching of Islam. CAIR has been associated with radical Islamist groups, such as the Muslim Brotherhood,” In 2007, CAIR was named by U.S. Federal prosecutors in a list of unindicted co-conspirators in a Hamas funding case involving the Holy Land Foundation. The U.S. government designated the Holy Land Foundation a terrorist organization, seized their assets and closed the organization. In 2009, the founders of the organization were given sentences of between 15 and 67 years in prison for funneling $12 million to Hamas.

CAIR should not be providing supplemental materials to our schools.

Oh dear..

I agree. No doubt she has taken the shahada herself.

Oh dear..

What's the agenda? education?

Forum List

Back