American Gis Donate Blood And Bond With Israel

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
That was a nice gesture by American G.I.s

American GIs Donate Blood and Bond with Israel
By Jonathan Feldstein September 12, 2014 , 8:06 am

heart-to-heart-american-gi.jpg

American GI visiting Israel with Heroes to Heroes donating blood with Heart to Heart. (Photo: Heart to Heart)

It’s always a distinct pleasure and extraordinary opportunity to arrange for bringing Americans to donate blood in Israel. It never gets old, and is never an experience to take for granted. Israel is the only country in the world to which people travel – whether on a vacation, tour, or religious pilgrimage – and make it a point to donate blood.

As special as all these experiences are, some are especially outstanding. This week was one of those.

In partnership with Heroes to Heroes, Heart to Heart was able to bring US military veterans to donate blood. Their 10 day whirlwind tour is designed to connect them with Israel, with Israeli military veterans as well, as an opportunity for emotional and spiritual healing. After seeing the land, connecting with the people, and connecting with current and retired Israeli soldiers, visiting some who were wounded in recent fighting, the need to give back became clear. Giving their blood to help save Israeli lives was the answer. As Juan V. noted, “It’s a way of giving life. It’s a pleasure for me to contribute to save lives of Israeli citizens.”

Anthony W. related especially to visiting the Golan where some of the biggest and most bloody battles that Israel has fought have taken place, and current threats are imminent. All the dots connected very clearly for him. “Being a soldier, I can help another soldier (fighting) for this country. From one soldier to another I want to give back. We’re fighting the same enemy and I want to be able to help.”

Read more at

American GIs Donate Blood and Bond with Israel - Israel News

Forum List

Back