American "justice" fails again. Az rancher held on 1 million dollar bail for shooting a trespassing illegal.

Well said, particularly the last part! I was taught that also ------------------------------ in Tennessee. It was awhile back, but definitely still valid.

I live in Maryland now and here the bad guys have to be in the house to shoot them. If they DO make it back thru the window you can't shoot them running down the driveway. Darn it.

At least we have concealed carry now. My husband got it and we went out to dinner the other night and for the first time he went packing heat --- when he told me later, I said what any wife would say ----

"I thought you were wearing that nice jacket as a compliment to me!!" :shock:
He was wearing that nice jacket as a compliment to you, showing how much he values you. ;)

They tried but those places will not allow it due to the violent nature of the charge.
I thought you could raise money for damn near any cause. I don't know much about that kind of thing.

The faggot judge wouldn't even approve a phone call to his wife who was left alone at the ranch. He set his bail at 1 million dollars and now Gofundme has taken down his fund. What the fuck, is this America?

So you think murderers should be released without bail?

Interesting

Nope. Just going by what was in the OP Thread Post link article. Like you, I can't quite see it being that open season, bag the limit, on your own land (so to speak), but wasn't going to spend the time to look up, at the time. If it was, I doubt the bond would be so high, or he might have been released on own recognizance before now. He wasn't. I suspect the prosecutor and indeed the judge know there is a serious case here. I wish the 73-year-old the best of luck with his legal problems, and indeed hope he used the advice I would give anybody else (guilty or not guilty) to not make statements without legal guidance, to not add to their own legal jeopardy, as anyone (guilty or not guilty) is entitled to a good defense, and should not incriminate themselves, by talking with the authorities more than absolutely necessary.

I thought you could raise money for damn near any cause. I don't know much about that kind of thing.
They make the rules up as they go along like DOJ does now. Do we think that Gofundme would take down a funding drive for a Black man who shot a police officer? Not a chance.

Not a lawyer but reading an AZ criminal lawyers website leads me to believe that simple trespass isn't a reason to shoot. Moreover, I don't think it's a valid defense to claim he thought or feared he was armed; the threat has to be substantiated somehow. It would be different if it were unauthorized entry into a home or place of business.

If I understand it right, Florida actually would allow a resident to shoot at someone if they're committing a felony. No duty to retreat, either. I don't think they're necessarily supposed to pursue, but I think there's a case where someone did pursue, shot a felon dead, and was let off. Would have to look that up though...might have forgotten the specifics.
Many of you are assuming it was a "simple trespass". Neither you nor anyone else knows the details of what happened. And Do you know these border ranchers have groups of armed men crossing their land and sometimes coming to THEIR DOOR demanding food and water and who knows what else? And these aren't just any illegals these are the guys who have evaded border patrol a.k.a gotaways. There is a reason they don't want to be processed. Again, my biggest beef is with that goddam judge and what he's doing to the man and his wife.

They make the rules up as they go along like DOJ does now. Do we think that Gofundme would take down a funding drive for a Black man who shot a police officer? Not a chance.
Beats me. Like I said "I don't know much about that kind of thing." I don't even know how many different funding sites there are. I suspect there is a funding site for the choosing, no matter the cause, as causes are many, some more mainstream, some not.
No matter which, what or why, we avoid linking to them here, to keep the crazy folk from taking over the board and spam the sht out of the rest of us, but I suspect they are out there.

Many of you are assuming it was a "simple trespass". Neither you nor anyone else knows the details of what happened.

Understood, but I'm going to hazard a guess that he's incarcerated because there was an investigation and so far, that investigation has found nothing that justifies the killing.

That being said, we have criminal trials for a reason, to present evidence before a jury of peers and let them decide guilt or not based on what the evidence says.

I suspect the judge thinks that the guy hunted him down like a feral boar.
Which is exactly the way they should be hunted down. The deceased invader is a multi criminal who has been deported several times. The American made a mistake. He reported the incursion.

Daily the bodies of invaders are found in various stages of decomposition on both sides of the border. This is a warning to others. Shut up.

If there weren't, there will be.
What are we to hold Trump accountable for? The border? Our surrender in Afghanistan? Food prices? Utility prices? Fuel price? Housing prices? The rise in taxes? His evil ways? For being the most pathetic brain dead idiot in the White House? Spending trillions we don't have? Why don't you make me a list. We can all use a good laugh. Serious!

Makes me wonder if feds aren't behind arresting and holding this guy. He's being cruelly treated for what appears to be an open and shut case.

Which is exactly the way they should be hunted down. The deceased invader is a multi criminal who has been deported several times. The American made a mistake. He reported the incursion.

Daily the bodies of invaders are found in various stages of decomposition on both sides of the border. This is a warning to others. Shut up.
made into martyrs just like the media and feds make martyrs out of criminal blacks like floyd, and those black young men early on. MIchael brown and that little fledgling criminal in Sanford Florida. Makes me sick.

www.chron.com

Prosecutor: Arizona border rancher shot at unarmed migrants

The prosecutor in the case against an Arizona rancher accused of killing a Mexican man on his land near the U.S.-Mexico border alleged during a court hearing Wednesday that the rancher fired that day on a group of about eight unarmed migrants who entered the U.S. illegally.
Kimberly Hunley, chief deputy attorney for Santa Cruz County in the border city of Nogales, Arizona, made the assertion the same day the court made public a filing she made Tuesday asserting that rancher George Alan Kelly began shooting at the group “out of nowhere” on Jan. 30 without issuing a warning or a request to leave.
Kelly, 73, faces a first-degree murder charge in the death of one of the people, identifed by the sheriff's office as Gabriel Cuen-Butimea, who lived just south of the border in adjacent Nogales, Mexico. U.S. federal court records, which spell his last name slightly differently as Cuen-Buitimea, show he was convicted of illegal entry and deported back to Mexico several times, most recently in 2016.
Two more people from the group later came forward to law enforcement, prompting authorities this week to amend the complaint against Kelly to include two counts of aggravated assault “using a rifle, a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument” in a shooting at his ranch.
Those two were in the line of fire, but were not hit, according to court filings updated on Wednesday. One described watching the man they knew as Gabriel being hit and said they “felt like they were being hunted."

Both fled back across the border into Mexico but are willing to testify in the case against Kelly, the documents say.

I hope so. If you shot an unarmed trespasser 150 yards from the house in Tennessee, you would probably be in trouble. I don't thing you can even shoot them for poaching on your land here. If you do, you probably need to raise the dead guy's shotgun or rifle and put a round in the tree closest to where you took your shot. Other than that, you'd better transport to the nearest river.
Another article on the event. The bail follows Arizona procedures, which is red state and harsh bail.

Another article on the event. The bail follows Arizona procedures, which is red state and harsh bail.

I read something on this yesterday. Personally glad it was changed to a surety bond, so he could get out. $1,000,000 dollar$ cash bail was ridiculous in this case. The purpose of bail is not to punish the defendent not found guilty of a crime, but to insure they will show up in court.

I read something on this yesterday. Personally glad it was changed to a surety bond, so he could get out. $1,000,000 dollar$ cash bail was ridiculous in this case. The purpose of bail is not to punish the defendent not found guilty of a crime, but to insure they will show up in court.
Our system of justice sucks.

Forum List

Back