American muslim woman to wear Hijab at Olympics

Seems like the hijab is good protection against Zika virus and raw sewage splashing down the streets of Rio.

I am amazed at how people like irosie and others are soo hateful and negative about such an inspiring woman and story. ....... :dunno:
I think that given all the death and destruction caused by islam, wearing a hijab at the Olympics is in extremely poor taste.

I am amazed at how people like irosie and others are soo hateful and negative about such an inspiring woman and story. ....... :dunno:
How is she "courageous"?

Perhaps it's courageous of her to take a risk that her male relatives will consider she is being immodest and slutty, and stab her to death prior to the Olympics...

I think that given all the death and destruction caused by islam, wearing a hijab at the Olympics is in extremely poor taste.

It is meant to be. There is no reason that a muslim woman MUST wear her NATIONAL UMMAH COSTUME when representing the US at the INTERNATIONAL OLYMPICS.
The fact is that actual US clothing could easily satisfy
the REQUIREMENTS of her religion-----her choice is the
IN YOUR FACE choice and a SPIT in the faces of
the recently dead americans-----dead for the sake of ISLAM
the USA

How is she "courageous"?

Perhaps it's courageous of her to take a risk that her male relatives will consider she is being immodest and slutty, and stab her to death prior to the Olympics...

they may wait until after the Olympics

Fencing is my sport and I am a past state champion. Once that helmet goes on her head you won't see what she has on underneath it. She will walk out there like any other fencing champion.

U.S. female athlete to wear traditional muslim hijab while representing our country in the Rio Olympics. ...... :cool:

In a nation with free religion, why is this news worthy?

A first of its kind sort of thing?

I hope that any Muslim woman that wants to wear a hijab does so with complete freedom and pride.

It says more about us as a nation of freedom than it does about her religion.

Everyday on this forum there are posts accusing American muslims of not assimilating into western culture.

So when a muslim participates in a uniquely western sport like fencing.

They are mercilessly attacked for everything under the sun.

Why is this? ....... :cool:

This looks like a great sport for muslim women to participate in.

Covered from head to toe and they only fence against other women.

I'm considering starting a muslim female fencing program at our mosque. ...... :thup:

To practice honor killings?

Everyday on this forum there are posts accusing American muslims of not assimilating into western culture.

I am afraid that alot of people use the word Muslim as short hand for 'Extremist Jihadi Muslim Salafist'.

It takes a lot of effort to type all of those keys everyday, I guess.

But most Muslims are good people and I prefer them to living next door to dope smoking libtards by a long shot.

It is meant to be. There is no reason that a muslim woman MUST wear her NATIONAL UMMAH COSTUME when representing the US at the INTERNATIONAL OLYMPICS.
The fact is that actual US clothing could easily satisfy
the REQUIREMENTS of her religion-----her choice is the
IN YOUR FACE choice and a SPIT in the faces of
the recently dead americans-----dead for the sake of ISLAM
the USA

She's probably wearing it out of fear. If she doesn't her Muslim brothers may beat her to a pulp.

To be honest I couldn't care less what she wears, what sport she is in or even if she is a Muslim.

U.S. female athlete to wear traditional muslim hijab while representing our country in the Rio Olympics. ...... :cool:

In a nation with free religion, why is this news worthy?

A first of its kind sort of thing?

I hope that any Muslim woman that wants to wear a hijab does so with complete freedom and pride.

It says more about us as a nation of freedom than it does about her religion.

Wondering why the OP bothered to even mention the head scarf :confused-84:

Forum List

Back