American muslim woman to wear Hijab at Olympics

I hope she wins the Gold medal for our country. ..... :cool:

Islam is IN our country but it isn't PART of our country nor should it be.
:confused-84: :eusa_eh:

We have a secular government, and a society composed of people from many different faiths and ethnicities.

If Islam which numbers in the millions here, is not part of our country now, then what religion is part of our country?

Last edited:
U.S. female athlete to wear traditional muslim hijab while representing our country in the Rio Olympics. ...... :cool:

In a nation with free religion, why is this news worthy?

A first of its kind sort of thing?

I hope that any Muslim woman that wants to wear a hijab does so with complete freedom and pride.

It says more about us as a nation of freedom than it does about her religion.

actually it does not. Lots of people have religious requirements of dress. You might be a little amazed
at MORMON UNDERWEAR------but in public places---
decent americans simply manage to ADAPT to appear
NORMAL Muslim women are not REQUIRED to wear Arabian DESERT rags in order to comply with the rules
of their religion. I know lots of people who ADAPT---
the religious issues to NORMAL APPEARANCE for the
sake of propriety when it seems--NICE to do so

I am amazed at how people like irosie and others are soo hateful and negative about such an inspiring woman and story. ....... :dunno:
I think that given all the death and destruction caused by islam, wearing a hijab at the Olympics is in extremely poor taste.

It is meant to be. There is no reason that a muslim woman MUST wear her NATIONAL UMMAH COSTUME when representing the US at the INTERNATIONAL OLYMPICS.
The fact is that actual US clothing could easily satisfy
the REQUIREMENTS of her religion-----her choice is the
IN YOUR FACE choice and a SPIT in the faces of
the recently dead americans-----dead for the sake of ISLAM
the USA

She's probably wearing it out of fear. If she doesn't her Muslim brothers may beat her to a pulp.

I don't think so-----lately ---wearing those rags has become
a POLITICAL STATEMENT for JIHADISTAS

Everyday on this forum there are posts accusing American muslims of not assimilating into western culture.

So when a muslim participates in a uniquely western sport like fencing.

They are mercilessly attacked for everything under the sun.

Why is this? ....... :cool:

who attacked her for FENCING? The vulgar behavior is
the ARABIAN DESERT RAGS

I hope she wins the Gold medal for fencing. :thup:

Then she will stand on the center awards platform in her hijab to receive the medal.

While representing the United States as a patriotic muslim American for all the world to see. ...... :cool:

Forum List

Back