American Unions

Why dont they stand beside their brothers who are being victimised by donny ?

If all public sector workers came out then the orange fuck would cave in very quickly.

Big Labor isn't that powerful in the US. What would you want them to do?

Suppose the Union Bosses were to order the rank and file to illegally strike and violate the sacred oath they made not to? Do you really think that they would be able to enforce the strike?

Personally, I think the Rank and File would rebel against Big Labor.

If all public sector workers came out then the orange fuck would cave in very quickly.
------------------------------ don't know for sure but theres not that many 'union members' Tommy .
It looks like that is the case. Just doesnt seem right that some civil servants are punished and others arent. People should not have to worry about the rent because trump is crazy.

If you decide to take a government job, this is the risk you take. It's not like this is the first shutdown we've ever seen. It happens all the time. If you take a job with the government, be prepared for things like a shutdown.

If they really want to open up the government again, tell Piglosi and Shoemaker to give Trump his 5 billion dollars for the wall. It's that simple.
Its no reason to accept it. We should all look to improve our situation.
------------------------------------------------------- i have no problem with 'unions' in Private Business but the Gov should not be 'union' and thats pretty common thinking among Americans . But most large companies follow 'union' guidelines in matters of work rules and pay and most Americans that i know are fine with that 30 - 40 year old situation Tommy . [that i am aware of Tommy

------------------------------ don't know for sure but theres not that many 'union members' Tommy .
It looks like that is the case. Just doesnt seem right that some civil servants are punished and others arent. People should not have to worry about the rent because trump is crazy.

If you decide to take a government job, this is the risk you take. It's not like this is the first shutdown we've ever seen. It happens all the time. If you take a job with the government, be prepared for things like a shutdown.

If they really want to open up the government again, tell Piglosi and Shoemaker to give Trump his 5 billion dollars for the wall. It's that simple.
------------------------------------------------------- i have no problem with 'unions' in Private Business but the Gov should not be 'union' and thats pretty common thinking among Americans . But most large companies follow 'union' guidelines in matters of work rules and pay and most Americans that i know are fine with that 30 - 40 year old situation Tommy . [that i am aware of Tommy
If you expect that from the workers then surely they have a right to certain things from the government. Like getting paid. It just seems pretty basic.

If you expect that from the workers then surely they have a right to certain things from the government. Like getting paid. It just seems pretty basic.
----------------------------------------------- see that , thats the American thing . Government and government workers from top to bottom are Public SERVANTS as they work for American taxpayers like ME that pay their wages Tommy .

Delays in getting paid happen in most lines of work occasionally.

Its part of life, the money isn't always available. The possibility of a budget problem is something that those who get a living working for the government should be prepared for.

There is nothing that President Trump can do right now. Congress has to pass a signable bill, and the President has made it clear that a bill without a wall is a non-starter. Chuck and Nancy need to get to work to push this through with their membership.

----------------------------------------------- see that , thats the American thing . Government and government workers from top to bottom are Public SERVANTS as they work for American taxpayers like ME that pay their wages Tommy .
Only sometimes it would seem. How do they pay rent or feed their kids ?

---------------------------------------- that is their concern Tommy .

Good question. They can use their credit cards, lines of credit, and their savings. They can drive Uber. They can drive Lyft. Their unions can loan them the money.

Problems with getting paid is something that everyone should be prepared for, getting a plan B together.

You were saying ?

Workers union director says shutdown lawsuit will prove Trump administration not 'above the law'
Tidy. Its a crazy way of running the country. Trump should be strung up over this.

Tommy, are you calling for the public hanging of the President of the United States of America just because of the shutdown?

There is nothing wrong with unions. However when the big ticket unions are destroyed by greed on the worker side,should there not be any brush back? Detroit and other communities are ghettos now. It is not just the white collar people. And the CEO's who got massive payoffs should be killed. Because of the payoffs. So the massive government unions that make people suffer because of the cost can go ph uk themselves. And when the stock market collapses or others refuse to pay the nightmare will end.

1. You should have a savings for times like this.

2. You should never live beyond what you could survive on if out of a job for a year.

3. Take a temp job until the the shutdown is over by going through temp services.

You were saying ?

Workers union director says shutdown lawsuit will prove Trump administration not 'above the law'
Tidy. Its a crazy way of running the country. Trump should be strung up over this.

Tommy, are you calling for the public hanging of the President of the United States of America just because of the shutdown?
That would be extreme. But he should be held to account for this situation. You cant hold the innocent to ransom because you cant get your own way.

You were saying ?

That would be extreme. But he should be held to account for this situation. You cant hold the innocent to ransom because you cant get your own way.

Do you feel the same way about diners who were held for ransom a couple of years ago with McDonalds and Burger King had strikes? Or when there were strikes at various retail establishments, transportation facilities, etc?

You were saying ?

Your words were strung up which mean hanging and if so you should consider your words carefully the next time you want to write that.

Also as other posters have pointed this is not the first time this has happened, and as I wrote those out of work for the moment can take temporary work if needed to supplement their pay.

You were saying ?

Do you feel the same way about diners who were held for ransom a couple of years ago with McDonalds and Burger King had strikes? Or when there were strikes at various retail establishments, transportation facilities, etc?
I dont think that analogy works. the diners had options.
Strikes happen when there is a total breakdown in relations. Nobody is on strike here. Just people being used as pawns by trump.

Strikes happen when there is a total breakdown in relations. Nobody is on strike here. Just people being used as pawns by trump.

The workers who aren't getting paid have options as well. A few were discussed here.

The workers who aren't getting paid have options as well. A few were discussed here.
Not many. There arent many jobs that pay much and allow you to come and go for a few days or weeks.

And not being used as pawns by Piglosi and Shoemaker?

Forum List

Back