American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Maybe prayer back in school might solve some problems...:eusa_pray:

Public speaks its mind at school board meeting
By KELLY HUMPHREY
Posted Oct. 13, 2015 at 12:01 AM
Updated at 7:21 PM

What They SaidMore than 125 people packed the Okaloosa County School Board chambers Monday night, with more than 20 members of the public re-questing to speak. Here are a few of their thoughts.“

A recent Gallup Poll says 61 percent of Americans are in favor of prayer in school, let alone at a public meeting. You need as much wisdom as possible, and that is what prayer is.”

That is what most of the middle east does...Worships god 5 times per day!!!

Dumb,,,,

Maybe I'll create a religion that makes Mars god and we humans have to go their from time to time to worship it. ;)

Or maybe I'll make a religion based on god making science as our tool of understanding him. That would help advance our species for once!

JSbkefX.jpg

Ho hum...At this rate another 14 years and support will be in the minority.

In U.S., Support for Daily Prayer in Schools Dips Slightly

http://www.gallup.com

Sixty-one percent of Americans support allowing daily prayer to be spoken in the classroom. Though still solidly above the majority level, this is down slightly from 66% in 2001 and 70% in 1999.

School is for the real! It is for logic, science and for getting an education.

God is something that may or may not be real.

It has no place in school!!!!

Science has a place in school
Writing has a place in school
Math has a place in school
HIstory has a place in school
computers has a place in schoool
Learning about how awesome mars is has a place in school

God has no place in school. We'd be better off learning about dragons or unicorns!

By KELLY HUMPHREY

What They SaidMore than 125 people packed the Okaloosa County School Board chambers Monday night, with more than 20 members of the public re-questing to speak. Here are a few of their thoughts.“

A recent Gallup Poll says 61 percent of Americans are in favor of prayer in school, let alone at a public meeting. You need as much wisdom as possible, and that is what prayer is.”

61% really don't favor prayer in schools, 61% aren't necessary for their own kids praying. They may be open minded enough that they think prayer should be allowed individually for all religions by students who choose to pray?
Based on the declining church membership/attendance it only makes sense.

Student lead prayer is absolutely allowed in schools, it's protected by the 1st amendment. I see a group of 4-5 students in the cafeteria at my school pray everyday before eating--nobody cares, they have every right to do so. Studying World Religion is also allowed, and is an elective in many districts (you learn what different religions believe, celebrate their religion, and the history of them).

However, government employees shouldn't lead schools in prayer. I doubt Christians would want their kids reciting an Islamic prayer, or Jewish prayer.

Last edited:

By KELLY HUMPHREY

So you would be fine with your kids being taught to pray to Allah?

From the successional viewpoint, heartfelt prayer has been a catalytic impetus for many divinely assisted miracles. So if you wish to directively reinforce this you may as well work to more liberally implement it... if not for all the religiously tentative children than for our societal prospects as a whole.

So much in this thread:

-Prayer IS allowed in schools (as long as it's student lead)
-Students can prayer anytime it's appropriate (i.e. it doesn't disrupt a classroom)
-Students can form Christian social clubs at school (that are recognized by the school)
-Students can enroll in classes where they learn about the history and all of the major religions of the world--including Christianity (in a historic context)

As a Catholic I doubt parents of my students who're Jewish, Protestant, Islamic, Atheist, Agnostic, Buddhist, etc. would approve of me leading my classes in a prayer (which I would NEVER do-when kids ask me what my religion is I refuse to tell them).

I personally would have a problem with a school telling my kids how to prayer and what to believe in as well.

The "you have freedom of religion but not freedom from religion" is bullshit. Let's force them to recite islamic prayers and see how the goes over.

You ca pray all you like while in school, just keep it to yourself...

Forum List

Back