🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans Are More Likely To Vote If They Hate The Other Party

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
The Americans most likely to vote in this year's midterms are also the most likely to be highly partisan and antipathetic toward their political rivals, according to the results of a Pew Research Center panel released Friday.

The report estimates that while just about 40 percent of eligible Americans will turn out to vote, 73 percent of those with consistently conservative views and 58 percent with consistently liberal views will make it to the polls.

Another motivating factor in turnout is strong dislike for the other party. Democrats who view the Republican Party very unfavorably are 12 points more likely to vote than Democrats as a whole, while Republicans with very unfavorable views of Democrats are 16 points more likely to turn out than the GOP as a whole.

10-17-2014-4.png

More: Americans Are More Likely To Vote If They Hate The Other Party

Will partisan hatred send you to the polls on November 4, 2014?

As someone who used to vote more Republican than Democrat - I now have nothing but disdain for the Republican Party. I don't literally hate anyone or anything - but the GOP is about as close as it gets for me.

Democrats are at a disadvantage on Election Day - because NaziCons are the really big haters.

Last edited:
As someone who used to vote more Republican than Democrat - I now have nothing but disdain for the Republican Party. I don't literally hate anyone or anything - but the GOP is about as close as it gets for me.
The really funny part is that you don't seem to realize that you are no different than the partisan hacks on the other side.

Voting because you 'hate' the other party is the core problem with politics today. It is what creates the ignorance of real issues and apathy for the problems that your own side creates. It is why the democrats and republicans are allowed to operated in the same manner (bad for everyone) and yet people continue to vote for trash that does not represent them.

The really funny part is that you don't seem to realize that you are no different than the partisan hacks on the other side.

Voting because you 'hate' the other party is the core problem with politics today. It is what creates the ignorance of real issues and apathy for the problems that your own side creates. It is why the democrats and republicans are allowed to operated in the same manner (bad for everyone) and yet people continue to vote for trash that does not represent them.

I vote for the lesser trash. And yes, voting for the lesser trash is better than not voting at all.

So I guess the Democrats were the bigger haters when they won the 2006 midterms. The short term memory loss people have when trying to apply these silly standards is amazing. Here is a real radical thought maybe the Democrats won in 2006 and the Republicans in 2010 because the people didn't like the job the majority party at the time was doing I know judging people based strictly on their job performance is a difficult concept for some but it does happen.

I vote for the lesser trash. And yes, voting for the lesser trash is better than not voting at all.
its also pretty stupid....i wont vote for Satan but i will vote for Dracula....either way you are going to have the life sucked out of you.....one just more covertly....

its also pretty stupid....i wont vote for Satan but i will vote for Dracula....either way you are going to have the life sucked out of you.....one just more covertly....
I would go with Dracula might be cool to be a vampire.

And the real sad part is that Satan and Dracula are not the only 2 choices even if the hacks demand it be so.

I would go with Dracula might be cool to be a vampire.
the immortality and the strength are 2 appealing things....

And the real sad part is that Satan and Dracula are not the only 2 choices even if the hacks demand it be so.
i am told im wasting my vote going 3rd party by the 2 party people.....i feel its the other way around.....

Democrats are at a disadvantage on Election Day - because NaziCons are the really big haters.

So go and punish your enemies and reward your friends. Hate is on both sides. Divided we have fallen in this fundamentally transformed America.

i am told im wasting my vote going 3rd party by the 2 party people.....i feel its the other way around.....
That I totally understand. I feel the same way.

Of course it's easier that way. Less research needs to be done. The average Joe would be scarred if there were 2 parties with moral legitimacy. They would have to look into the issues.

What in the hell do you pretend not to know about what yours and Franco's posts are all about? Seldom if ever do you or him post anything good as a reason to vote for democrats. No, you and him spread your own brand of hate and or fear. Hate and fear of little old ladies with tea bags in their hats seem to be yours an franco's mainstay.

Assigning degrees of relevance to either of these shitty parties is futile. They're equally deplorable.

Forum List

Back