Americans Back Obama's Proposals to Address Gun Violence

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
by Lydia Saad

PRINCETON, NJ -- Given the chance to vote "for" or "against" each of nine key proposals included in President Barack Obama's plan to reduce gun violence, Americans back all nine. Americans are most likely to be in favor of requiring background checks for all gun sales (91%), increasing funding for mental health programs aimed at youth (82%), increasing funding for programs to train law enforcement and schools in responding to active armed attacks (79%), and increasing criminal penalties for people who buy guns for others -- so-called straw purchasers (75%).

xih4azwyiu-8ea8zcvrlbw.gif

gbzvay5a-ekzzwg9uureyw.gif

DETAILS: Americans Back Obama's Proposals to Address Gun Violence

Get back to me when the details come out, I doubt the numbers will be any where close to the generic bs posted here.

Given the chance to vote "for" or "against" each of nine key proposals included in President Barack Obama's plan to reduce gun violence, Americans back all nine. Americans are most likely to be in favor of requiring background checks for all gun sales (91%), increasing funding for mental health programs aimed at youth (82%), increasing funding for programs to train law enforcement and schools in responding to active armed attacks (79%), and increasing criminal penalties for people who buy guns for others -- so-called straw purchasers (75%).

And the American people have every right to see this majority opinion expressed in law.

Just as the minority has every right to challenge the majority opinion in court. Should the courts rule in favor of the minority, then the majority would be compelled to yield to the rule of law.

Latest poll from American News - independent poll:

Should the federal government regulate guns of any type?
Yes........................28% (272883)
No.........................71% (681207

Should Congress ban semi-automatic weapons?
Yes........................22% (217420)
No.........................77% (743035)

If Congress does not act should President Obama use an executive order to ban or strictly control the sale of semi-automatic weapons?
Yes.........................20% (197623)
No..........................79% (761568)

Do you agree that the Second Amendment gives citizens the right toown and bear guns without infringement?
Yes..........................81% (779447)
No............................18% (180405)

Fact is about 80% of those ideas I support. It's when he starts actually taking away guns, and limiting stuff I get worried.

I have said many times that the 2nd is not about Hunting, or even Personal defense so much as it is about defense against the possibility of our Government over stepping and becoming Tyranny. That said, it makes no sense to me at all to have the 2nd if you say we can not have Weapons like the AR15, and we can only have so many shots per Clip. If we ever do have to go up against our own Government, we are going to need something better than Lever Action 30/30s and Shot guns.

Ok Lefties Proceed to tell me how I am insane to think we might have to fight our own Government some day. I know you are all in love my Government mode right now because your hero is in Office, but we all know you all felt like you might have to fight the Government when GW Bush was President. No matter how many times you act like we are all crazy lol.

If Congress does not act should President Obama use an executive order to ban or strictly control the sale of semi-automatic weapons?

Do you agree that the Second Amendment gives citizens the right toown and bear guns without infringement?

Yeah, we all know that Lakota and her sources are always bullshit. Good post Paul I was thinking about looking up a few polls myself. Thanks.

Fact is about 80% of those ideas I support. It's when he starts actually taking away guns, and limiting stuff I get worried.

I have said many times that the 2nd is not about Hunting, or even Personal defense so much as it is about defense against the possibility of our Government over stepping and becoming Tyranny. That said, it makes no sense to me at all to have the 2nd if you say we can not have Weapons like the AR15, and we can only have so many shots per Clip. If we ever do have to go up against our own Government, we are going to need something better than Lever Action 30/30s and Shot guns.

Ok Lefties Proceed to tell me how I am insane to think we might have to fight our own Government some day. I know you are all in love my Government mode right now because your hero is in Office, but we all know you all felt like you might have to fight the Government when GW Bush was President. No matter how many times you act like we are all crazy lol.

All the lefties are only looking at the here and now. We may not need the weapons required to resist tyranny today, but once those rights are given up what happens if they are needed in the future? The whole point is we have the obligation to preserve that ability for generations to follow, because we can't know what they might face. However we do know that having the tools to resist tyranny will decrease the chances of ever having to use them.

All the lefties are only looking at the here and now. We may not need the weapons required to resist tyranny today, but once those rights are given up what happens if they are needed in the future? The whole point is we have the obligation to preserve that ability for generations to follow, because we can't know what they might face. However we do know that having the tools to resist tyranny will decrease the chances of ever having to use them.

Vigilance must be ever-present in the minds and hearts of citizens whether a threat may come from without or within.

Excellent - I'm pleased to see this.

I just hope the NRA don't block the proposals or have them watered down into nothing. They will certainly not listen to the will of the American people.

A physical thing is different from a mental or imagined thing. When the mental uses the phycical toward harm, then it is the mental that is culprit. Not the physical.

Yeah, we all know that Lakota and her sources are always bullshit. Good post Paul I was thinking about looking up a few polls myself. Thanks.

The unbiased Gallup = bullshit source, while the utlra right wing "american news" = fair and balanced? :cuckoo:

You right wing nutcases are insane. Many we should see what unskewed's results are, they were dynamite in the 2012 election :lol:

Excellent - I'm pleased to see this.

I just hope the NRA don't block the proposals or have them watered down into nothing. They will certainly not listen to the will of the American people.

It has nothing to do with the will of the American people. The right to keep and bear arms is a God given right to all of us.

It has nothing to do with the will of the American people. The right to keep and bear arms is a God given right to all of us.

Right....so you think the will of the American people should be ignored?

Which one of the founding fathers was God, by the way?

Please provide the link for this poll.

Please provide the link for this poll.

Good question. I just did a search and the only thing that comes up is this page. It looks like another right winger is spreading lies again,...

Forum List

Back