🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans Earning Six Figures Or More Pay Nearly 80% of Individual Income Taxes

Republicans yell and scream about the deficit and they forgot that two of the greatest contributors were Repubs. RR and W spent and spent and spent. RR tripled the deficit and W fought two wars while giving the wealthy a nice tax cut. And of course it lead to the worst recession since the Great Depression. Then W fled to Texass and now polishes his boots daily.

Again, the Democrats were in power for a long time, seems a bit disingenuous to just blame one party when it is both parties.

Not saying democrats don't like the EITC. Just want to mention the program was originally signed into law by Ford and greatly expanded under Reagan's leadership.

And in the republican budget they can't pass, Ryan would expand EITC again.

It's a way to make the working poor less poor without asking employers to pay them more.

And yes, democrats want the poor less poor.

But some of your kind seems to blame the working poor for taking advantage of the tax code. Everybody else takes advantage of provisions of the tax code.

So why blame the working poor? Congress provided the program.

Again, the Democrats were in power for a long time, seems a bit disingenuous to just blame one party when it is both parties.

Not saying democrats don't like the EITC. Just want to mention the program was originally signed into law by Ford and greatly expanded under Reagan's leadership.

And in the republican budget they can't pass, Ryan would expand EITC again.

It's a way to make the working poor less poor without asking employers to pay them more.

And yes, democrats want the poor less poor.

But some of your kind seems to blame the working poor for taking advantage of the tax code. Everybody else takes advantage of provisions of the tax code.

So why blame the working poor? Congress provided the program.

OK, then, the EITC was a Republican initiative and yet you both seem to support it yet denounce it.

What do you find fault with the following? BTW, how does the government force companies to pay their employees more?

• Both the EITC and the CTC were initially proposed, supported, and expanded by Republican policymakers with broad bipartisan support.
  • Claiming the EITC and CTC can be complicated and involves filing additional tax forms, which leads to errors of both over- and underpayment.
  • The EITC appears to increase the labor force participation of single mothers, yet the high marginal tax rates associated with its phase-out range do not appear to have a significant work disincentive effect.
  • The EITC is, by far, the most progressive tax expenditure in the income tax code.
  • The EITC reduces poverty significantly, with children constituting half of the individuals it lifts out of poverty.
  • The EITC and CTC are effective in increasing after-tax income of targeted groups, reducing poverty, and reducing income inequality.
The Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit: History, Purpose, Goals, and Effectiveness

To the 45 percent that Romney was right about, you're welcome.

Americans earning six figures or more paid 79.5 percent of the nation’s share in individual income taxes in 2014, according to the latest preliminary data from the Internal Revenue Service.

Americans paid a total of $1,358,093,169,000 to the IRS in individual income taxes in 2014. Americans earning $100,000 or more paid $1,079,392,180,000 to the IRS, or 79.5 percent of the total

And:
45% of Americans pay no federal income tax

Anybody making less 100k should pay little to nothing in income tax...same for small businesses

Americans earning six figures or more paid 79.5 percent of the nation’s share in individual income taxes in 2014, according to the latest preliminary data from the Internal Revenue Service.

Americans paid a total of $1,358,093,169,000 to the IRS in individual income taxes in 2014. Americans earning $100,000 or more paid $1,079,392,180,000 to the IRS, or 79.5 percent of the total

And:

Anybody making less 100k should pay little to nothing in income tax...same for small businesses

Why 100K? What makes you pick such an arbitrary number? People making less than 100K don't use roads?

The PROBLEM is not that so many pay so little in taxes, the PROBLEM IS so many are NOT EARNING enough to be part of that lucky group with incomes over $100k annually....

Exactly...we need to get salaries back up to the level where these people are paying taxes....not force people who are struggling with a low wage to pay more into taxes

So the libtards answer is make legal more competition for jobs?

And:

I have to pay their share wtf?

Just look at the state and local taxes on the poor and middle class, that's where the Democrats show their true colors.

The Reagan Fraud — and After

Remember "revenue enhancements?" The great RR fraud.

I'm not surprised you want to avoid discussing how the Democratic party preys on the poor at middle class at the state level. Oregon for example, they slam the poor with a 9% income tax. Washington sky high taxes on gas, cigarettes, etc. With friends like the Democratic party who needs enemies.

Liberals avoid the state and local taxes debate like a plague.

The real question is how much of the total income do the 6 figure plus crowd possess?

They own like 99% of the wealth. They should be paying 99% of the income tax, right ?

The real question is how much of the total income do the 6 figure plus crowd possess?

They own like 99% of the wealth. They should be paying 99% of the income tax, right ?

and they use 99.9 percent of the road, fire departments and all other government services.

and they use 99.9 percent of the road, fire departments and all other government services.

Fed income tax pays for all services now ?

Fine, what % should they pay ?

Conservatards go to great lengths to promote this lie that wealthy Americans are somehow being hosed by the tax code .

OK, then, the EITC was a Republican initiative and yet you both seem to support it yet denounce it.

What do you find fault with the following? BTW, how does the government force companies to pay their employees more?

Based on what you just wrote, are you complaining or complementing the working poor for using the EITC wisely?

And seeing as how republicans gave poor Americans this program, why don't republicans brag about it?

I should be forced to pay your share? Doesn't that cause you shame?

Then these '99%' after paying 99% of the taxes should be able to tell the other 1% that they can use 1% of the electric grid and the roads right. After all. Fair is fair right?
"I pay for 99% of this bridge. You paid 1% for it. Go ahead and use your 1%".

I love how the left goes around saying the reason someone doesn't make $100k a year is because
someone else earning $100k took that money from them.

And the little dope falls for it....
And keeps voting Democrat because that's the party that's
going to take that money and give it to them...

Wealth envy is the bottom line to the left. All the rest, the race baiting, bigotry and hatred is to get to the money. That's why they can't tell the difference between the right and libertarians. The only thing we agree on, that it's not government's job to redistribute money, is the only thing the left actually cares about

Then these '99%' after paying 99% of the taxes should be able to tell the other 1% that they can use 1% of the electric grid and the roads right. After all. Fair is fair right?

The super wealthly do use more services .

Who uses airports more? Donald Trump or the waitress down at the. IHOP.

Airports are funded with taxes on fliers. And be specific, what government services do I use more of than you do. I can't think of anything I use more of than trailer trash. So be specific

And:

Why 100K? What makes you pick such an arbitrary number? People making less than 100K don't use roads?
It is an arbitrary number... I haven't analyzed the statistics but my point is that the middle class and working poor shouldn't carry a significant tax burden... The number could be 80k or 150k... Those who are saving and scrapping to afford retirement and living costs to provide for their families. The point of taxation is to remove currency from the economy to account for spending, debt and new money. It's the balancing act the treasury needs to hold value in the dollar. Since money flows to the top earners, that's where the taxation and "burning" of currency should be focused. The strength of our economy is our middle class and small businesses so there is no Reason to take money from them via taxation. That is my point.

Airports are funded with taxes on fliers. And be specific, what government services do I use more of than you do. I can't think of anything I use more of than trailer trash. So be specific

Airports and the FAA are not fully supported by fees . Not even close . If that was true they wouldn't have budgets . The TSA alone has a $7billion budget .

Take all the gov programs that protect Americans financial industry . Is your trailer trash guy using the SEC?

Airports and the FAA are not fully supported by fees . Not even close . If that was true they wouldn't have budgets . The TSA alone has a $7billion budget .

Take all the gov programs that protect Americans financial industry . Is your trailer trash guy using the SEC?

So when you set up agencies to control us, that's us using government services?

:wtf:

And the airport things you listed are a tiny, tiny piece of the budget

Forum List

Back