🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans Earning Six Figures Or More Pay Nearly 80% of Individual Income Taxes

To the 45 percent that Romney was right about, you're welcome.

Americans earning six figures or more paid 79.5 percent of the nation’s share in individual income taxes in 2014, according to the latest preliminary data from the Internal Revenue Service.

Americans paid a total of $1,358,093,169,000 to the IRS in individual income taxes in 2014. Americans earning $100,000 or more paid $1,079,392,180,000 to the IRS, or 79.5 percent of the total

And:
45% of Americans pay no federal income tax

Anybody making less 100k should pay little to nothing in income tax...same for small businesses

I have to pay their share wtf?
You have to pay your own share depending on what you make... Your share is determined by what will make our economy as strong as possible... A strong middle class and flourishing small businesses is what our economy should be build on so if you are in that category your share should be little to nothing

Americans earning six figures or more paid 79.5 percent of the nation’s share in individual income taxes in 2014, according to the latest preliminary data from the Internal Revenue Service.

Americans paid a total of $1,358,093,169,000 to the IRS in individual income taxes in 2014. Americans earning $100,000 or more paid $1,079,392,180,000 to the IRS, or 79.5 percent of the total

And:

Anybody making less 100k should pay little to nothing in income tax...same for small businesses

Why 100K? What makes you pick such an arbitrary number? People making less than 100K don't use roads?
It is an arbitrary number... I haven't analyzed the statistics but my point is that the middle class and working poor shouldn't carry a significant tax burden... The number could be 80k or 150k... Those who are saving and scrapping to afford retirement and living costs to provide for their families. The point of taxation is to remove currency from the economy to account for spending, debt and new money. It's the balancing act the treasury needs to hold value in the dollar. Since money flows to the top earners, that's where the taxation and "burning" of currency should be focused. The strength of our economy is our middle class and small businesses so there is no Reason to take money from them via taxation. That is my point.

As a small business owner, if you think government is helping us and not fucking us, then you're just ignorant. My liberal sister in law stopped voting for Democrats ... when she opened her veterinary practice ...

And:

Why 100K? What makes you pick such an arbitrary number? People making less than 100K don't use roads?
sure they do but they pay for them already with State and federal gas taxes.

The real question is how much of the total income do the 6 figure plus crowd possess?

They own like 99% of the wealth. They should be paying 99% of the income tax, right ?
Then these '99%' after paying 99% of the taxes should be able to tell the other 1% that they can use 1% of the electric grid and the roads right. After all. Fair is fair right?
"I pay for 99% of this bridge. You paid 1% for it. Go ahead and use your 1%".

The super wealthly do use more services .

Who uses airports more? Donald Trump or the waitress down at the. IHOP.

Airports are funded with taxes on fliers. And be specific, what government services do I use more of than you do. I can't think of anything I use more of than trailer trash. So be specific

Airports and the FAA are not fully supported by fees . Not even close . If that was true they wouldn't have budgets . The TSA alone has a $7billion budget .

Take all the gov programs that protect Americans financial industry . Is your trailer trash guy using the SEC?

So when you set up agencies to control us, that's us using government services?

:wtf:

And the airport things you listed are a tiny, tiny piece of the budget

I'm providing examples as u asked .

This tread started wh the implication that the wealthy were paying too much of a % . Now it's shifted to "everyone pays equally for everything". As if u can quantify what % of the gov each of us is using .

The real question is how much of the total income do the 6 figure plus crowd possess?

They own like 99% of the wealth. They should be paying 99% of the income tax, right ?
Then these '99%' after paying 99% of the taxes should be able to tell the other 1% that they can use 1% of the electric grid and the roads right. After all. Fair is fair right?
You have to consider all the factors. Comparing the % share of taxes a group pays doesn't give them that % access to government programs and services, it's not a membership to a club. Government spending is purposed towards the betterment and general welfare of the people... The 1% benefit from all economic activity where the poor and middle class simply spend to live... The money they spend flows to the top because the 1% are the owners. They benefit way more from the operations of our economy which is why taxation should be disproportionate... Really think about it before you react with some intellectual or partisan slander

Last edited:

Airports are funded with taxes on fliers. And be specific, what government services do I use more of than you do. I can't think of anything I use more of than trailer trash. So be specific

Airports and the FAA are not fully supported by fees . Not even close . If that was true they wouldn't have budgets . The TSA alone has a $7billion budget .

Take all the gov programs that protect Americans financial industry . Is your trailer trash guy using the SEC?

This tread started wh the implication that the wealthy were paying too much of a % . Now it's shifted to "everyone pays equally for everything". As if u can quantify what % of the gov each of us is using .

You're the one who quantified the % of the gov each of us is using, Holmes

And:

It is an arbitrary number... I haven't analyzed the statistics but my point is that the middle class and working poor shouldn't carry a significant tax burden... The number could be 80k or 150k... Those who are saving and scrapping to afford retirement and living costs to provide for their families. The point of taxation is to remove currency from the economy to account for spending, debt and new money. It's the balancing act the treasury needs to hold value in the dollar. Since money flows to the top earners, that's where the taxation and "burning" of currency should be focused. The strength of our economy is our middle class and small businesses so there is no Reason to take money from them via taxation. That is my point.

As a small business owner, if you think government is helping us and not fucking us, then you're just ignorant. My liberal sister in law stopped voting for Democrats ... when she opened her veterinary practice ...
I am a small business owner as well and I never stated any such claim... How did you get that from my statement? I said that small biz, the middle class and the poor should carry little to no tax burden

The PROBLEM is not that so many pay so little in taxes, the PROBLEM IS so many are NOT EARNING enough to be part of that lucky group with incomes over $100k annually....

Exactly...we need to get salaries back up to the level where these people are paying taxes....not force people who are struggling with a low wage to pay more into taxes

So the libtards answer is make legal more competition for jobs?

and republican answer has been to ship the jobs altogether overseas?

And:

I am a small business owner as well and I never stated any such claim... How did you get that from my statement? I said that small biz, the middle class and the poor should carry little to no tax burden

Well, the implication of the post seemed to be that's why we tax the rich, so we don't have to tax the others

Yes. To respond to your comment on the 99% vs 1% benefits .

I wanted to illustrate that the rich DO benefit from the gov . The right spins this bullshit that the rich get nothing and the working stiffs suck all this money from the gov .

The PROBLEM is not that so many pay so little in taxes, the PROBLEM IS so many are NOT EARNING enough to be part of that lucky group with incomes over $100k annually....

Exactly...we need to get salaries back up to the level where these people are paying taxes....not force people who are struggling with a low wage to pay more into taxes

NAFTA was all Clinton. As were the other "free" trade agreements. Obama now, or has already, sold more jobs down the tube by signing TPP.

So Trump says he is going to bring the jobs back, are you going to support that initiative or just more of the same with Mrs. Tuzla Clinton?

Let's hope dear old man Bernie isn't elected....imagine, if you will - having a wallet with a $10 dollar bill in it. Good old communist Bernie comes in, takes your wallet and your $10 dollar bill and replaces it with a $1 dollar bill. Congratulations!!! You just paid YOUR fair share!!!

I heard tonight that good ol Bernie paid his taxes to the tune of 13%.....
But he wants others to pay up to 90%....
You heard wrong, dupe. 90% wrong, maybe 70% over a million. Only thing that keeps down ridiculous CEO pay.

He certainly would CUT taxes on everyone on this board, as opposed to the GOP, dupe. Now everyone pays between 20-30% in ALL taxes and fees. AND ALL THE NEW WEALTH GOES TO THE RICHEST. Great job, greedy GOP billionaires and silly dupes like YOU.

Well, the implication of the post seemed to be that's why we tax the rich, so we don't have to tax the others
Read it again. Taxation is not the governments income, we create our own currency and most of the money is created by the banks when people borrow... Taxations purpose is to remove money from the economy and it should be focused on where most of the wealth flows

Last edited:

Do you want your cheap tight ass jeans or not?

Can't have both

I wanted to illustrate that the rich DO benefit from the gov . The right spins this bullshit that the rich get nothing and the working stiffs suck all this money from the gov .

So you want to "illustrate" that the rich benefit more from government, but then when I asked you how you know that you said "as if u can quantify what % of the gov each of us is using."

Basically you're just making shit up as you go. I see nothing I use government for that you and your fellow trailer park denizens don't use government for. And you use it for a lot I don't use it for, like your monthly checks for not working

NAFTA was all Clinton. As were the other "free" trade agreements. Obama now, or has already, sold more jobs down the tube by signing TPP.

So Trump says he is going to bring the jobs back, are you going to support that initiative or just more of the same with Mrs. Tuzla Clinton?

Absolutely wrong as always, dupe. Bush 41 and the GOP wrote it, Clinton simply signed it. And then the GOP blocked all funding training for the good jobs that would have made it a success for the US. Wiki:

Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1990 among the three nations, U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime MinisterBrian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed the agreement in their respective capitals on December 17, 1992.[5] The signed agreement then needed to be ratified by each nation's legislative or parliamentary branch.

So you want to "illustrate" that the rich benefit more from government, but then when I asked you how you know that you said "as if u can quantify what % of the gov each of us is using."

Basically you're just making shit up as you go. I see nothing I use government for that you and your fellow trailer park denizens don't use government for. And you use it for a lot I don't use it for, like your monthly checks for not working
Brainwashed functional moron^^ The rich certainly benefit from GOP government. They pay less in all taxes and fees than the middle class, and get all the new wealth now.

After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?:cuckoo:

Absolutely wrong as always, dupe. Bush 41 and the GOP wrote it, Clinton simply signed it. And then the GOP blocked all funding training for the good jobs that would have made it a success for the US. Wiki:

Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1990 among the three nations, U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime MinisterBrian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed the agreement in their respective capitals on December 17, 1992.[5] The signed agreement then needed to be ratified by each nation's legislative or parliamentary branch.

Why you quoting me dupe? So you constantly blame Reagen for raising the debt to One trillion yet ignore tippy and company in the house?

Yet with NAFTA you simply say Billy was a stooge and simply signed it?

Read it again. Taxation is not the governments income, we create our own currency and most of the money is created by the banks when people borrow... Taxation me pirpose is to remove money from the economy and it should be focused on where most of the wealth flows

Money is printed, it's not created. The difference is the implication that when you "create" something there is economic value created. And government printing money is a tax.

Say the economy is 10 pencils in economic value and the nominal value of the currency is $100. Well, each pencil is worth $10. And the value of $1 is 1/10 a pencil. Say now the teacher loans someone $50 of new currency. Well, the cost of a pencil goes up to $15 and the value of $1 goes down to 1/15 of a pencil. So in this economy when government floods money into the economy by issuing new money to buy itself pencils, it's taxing everyone who has currency by reducing the value of their currency. It's also a regressive tax because the poor have disproportionately fewer real assets. But Democrats don't care about reality, they care about the greed message that sells.

Of course that assumes all else is equal and doesn't change for things like fear and risk. It would also be in that exact scenario an asset based (say gold) economy. In economies like ours our currency is basically a loan guaranteed by government's ability to tax it's citizens in the future. That changes the numbers I gave, but doesn't change the dynamic.

Forum List

Back