Americans...Level Your Expectations

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
….for America returning to logic, justice and what it was meant to be. The disease has metastasized.

1.To understand, or even to predict, future events, there are two things to keep in mind:

“It was calculated that the total advertising expenditure in North America in 2021 amounted to about 296.4 billion U.S. dollars. However, the spending increased by 18.6 percent that year, after decreasing by 1.3 percent in the previous year due to the impact of the coronavirus.
Advertising spending in North America 2000-2024 - Statista
https://www.statista.com › ... › Advertising”

If advertising didn’t work, businesses would not be spending $300 billion on it.

And, two,….if you don’t understand that political ‘advertising,’ i.e., indoctrination, is equally effective, you will never recognize how your views have been formed. I refer specifically to Democrat/Liberal/Progressive views, to Democrat voters.

3. Those of us on the Right are clearly less manipulable by media, pop culture, the schools, and, as one glace at the results of Democrat recent victories will attest, understood what happens when one makes the choices Leftists make.
Logic told us that, history told us, and experience told us. We ignored “those mean tweets” and judged policies.

4. If you grew up under Democrat regimes, you were exposed to Liberal ‘advertising’ far more than the “two minutes of hate” in Orwell’s 1984. You had it 24-7.

“Leftism is so pervasive, that if applied to any other way of looking at life, it would be widely recognized as a form of brainwashing! Image a person who attended only fundamental Christian schools from preschool through graduate school, who never saw a secular, let alone anti-Christian, film, and who only read religious books. Most would say that they had been ‘brainwashed.” Yet, we regularly find individuals who only attended secular liberal schools from preschool through college, watched or listened to only Left-of-center television, movies, music, and had essentially no exposure to religious or conservative ideas. Brainwashed?

Of course not! Liberals are open-minded!!! The irony here is that the denial itself shows how very effective the brainwashing has been.

Now, Christians or Jews who have rarely been exposed to secular ideas and values would readily acknowledge same. It is only those on the Left who fool themselves into believing that they have been exposed to all points of view.”
Dennis Prager

5. Universities have become to Liberalism what a Christian seminary is to Christianity. The difference is that Christian seminaries acknowledge their purpose, to produce committed Christians.

“The purpose of a university should be to make a son as unlike his father as possible.”
The University's Part in Political Life” (13 March 1909) in PWW (The Papers of Woodrow Wilson) 19:99.

“To the professors, of course, every urban problem was always displaced back to White privilege, income inequality, and racism.”
J.N. Welch

I've had to UNbrainwash a few people in my life so far.
It's not something you enter into lightly.
It takes a LONG time and LOTS of work.

I'm glad I could help them though. And I just don't help anybody.
1. they have to know SOMETHING is wrong and don't understand what
2. they have to ASK for help
3. I have to see that they mean it and are wanting change

It's not fun. It's not pleasant.
It takes SEVERE dedication to help someone out that has been brainwashed.
And I have to be careful I'm not brainwashing them into something else.........I have to be VERY careful what I say and what I do, so it doesn't influence their understanding of what reality and truth is.
I get them to the mental state where they question everything, and know how to find the truth for themselves and make a proper decision.

It's second nature to me, to do something like this. But other people who want to help have a hard time, because they aren't trying to straighten out someones head, they are trying to manipulate them into thinking how THEY think...........and thats just going to make things worse.

I've had to UNbrainwash a few people in my life so far.
It's not something you enter into lightly.
It takes a LONG time and LOTS of work.

I'm glad I could help them though. And I just don't help anybody.
1. they have to know SOMETHING is wrong and don't understand what
2. they have to ASK for help
3. I have to see that they mean it and are wanting change

It's not fun. It's not pleasant.
It takes SEVERE dedication to help someone out that has been brainwashed.
And I have to be careful I'm not brainwashing them into something else.........I have to be VERY careful what I say and what I do, so it doesn't influence their understanding of what reality and truth is.
I get them to the mental state where they question everything, and know how to find the truth for themselves and make a proper decision.

It's second nature to me, to do something like this. But other people who want to help have a hard time, because they aren't trying to straighten out someones head, they are trying to manipulate them into thinking how THEY think...........and thats just going to make things worse.

Keep on keepin' on!

I won't be sending you an application to the Pessimist's Club.....

6. Many of us, particularly on the Right, expect a landslide of logic and rectitude to be the result of November’s and the 2024 elections.

Don’t.

The title of this thread, “Level Your Expectations,” refers to how powerful, long term, and indelible, the indoctrination has been.

While the cackling has been lowered in level, and fewer of the dolts are posting their undying love of all things Democrat…..don’t expect America to revert to what we saw as the shining city on the hill.

2022 midterms: What to watch in primaries in 7 US states - Al ...
https://www.aljazeera.com › news › 2022-midterms-wh...
21 hours ago — Primary elections in seven states Tuesday will set the stage for US House and Senate races this fall, with many contests shaped by political ...

I watched the results this morning and it appeared…not unexpectedly…..that a majority of incumbents were re-elected.

Even a viewing of the catastrophe of Democrat policies seems not to be an antidote.

It defies logic.......but this is where America stands at this time.

Another excellent op and right on target as usual. It's very sad to watch, but not sure what other options we have at this point. I have basically quit all 'media', 'news', anything to do with their brain washing. Too stressful to even try to care about it any longer. All I can do as a Christian is remember that God is in charge and find comfort in that, and live my life how I want to live it.

7. There is no mystery as to how we reached this nadir…..

"Over the past several decades, the progressive Left has successfully fulfilled Antonio Gramsci’s famed admonition of a “long march through the institutions”. In almost every Western country, its adherents now dominate the education system, media, cultural institutions, and financial behemoths."

“I spent three decades sitting through a cult-like experience, and I understand the progressive mindset as if it were my own. There were even times when I would use their playbook to question my own belief systems:

•Was my conservative bent influenced by privilege?

•Did my experience as a construction worker make my masculinity toxic?

•Did my experiences in inner-city HUD projects make me a racist?

Today, there are millions of millennials who view each personal failure through the lens of a perpetual struggle as a victim. Every hardship in life can be easily projected back onto capitalism, sexism, or racism.

Every problem in the world can be intellectually displaced onto millionaires and billionaires, including the billions of dollars in student-debt loans tied to a piece of paper that has very little value in today’s global economy. The mindset of perpetual victimhood represents a beautiful psychology for those leaders who know how to use the leftist playbook.

There are today millions of clueless adults who will go through life trying to merge personal inadequacies into a life-changing movement that seeks to find greater levels of empathy, equality, and social justice.”
“An American Divorce,” JN Welch

Another excellent op and right on target as usual. It's very sad to watch, but not sure what other options we have at this point. I have basically quit all 'media', 'news', anything to do with their brain washing. Too stressful to even try to care about it any longer. All I can do as a Christian is remember that God is in charge and find comfort in that, and live my life how I want to live it.

I don't see any real options, either.

They have poisoned the culture, and will blame our demise on anything but the real cause....it's Putin, It's guns, white privilege, racism, covid.....

Having abandoned the faith of our Founders, their true believers are willing to simply take what is available and "the Devil take the hindmost."

That phrase summarizes the Democrat culture, and 'Devil' is the operative word.

8. “Earned success is the secret to meaningful happiness. The government can improve your net worth with a check, but it cannot improve your self-worth.”
Jonah Goldberg

While this is correct, many have opted for a government check, some entitlement, a perq for voting Democrat.

“Sanders’s success was most reflected in the sheer number of millennials who bought into the same regurgitated nonsense I first heard at the university in the 1980s. True to Marxist form, Sanders was able to project every defect in life onto a billionaire bogeyman. It is true this type of talk will come across as insensitive to those younger Americans who have bought into the logic that millionaires and billionaires are responsible for every problem in the world. Many college-educated millennials are oblivious to the cultural reality that lies beyond the ivy-covered university walls, the travel-abroad cities, and the watchful eyes of the local police departments.

Many younger Americans also seem to have personal identities forged by what the New York Times columnist David Brooks refers to as the “culture of selfism,” meaning, “a culture that puts tremendous emphasis on self, self-care, and self-display.” Rather than viewing morality as living up to external standards like honesty, courage, and patriotism, Brooks writes, “Traditional morality has been replaced by self-indignation, being heard, telling your story and then, of course, condemning the bad people that make you feel judged or sad.”
“An American Divorce” by JN Welch.

Do you see this as long-term plan for a successful nation?

9. The sociologist Peter Berger explained the resemblance of the current Nazis of the Democrat Party to German and Italian Fascists via the following parallels.

1. Both were without a positive view of the future.
  2. Both were simply against their society, against stability, classical liberalism, capitalism, and intellectualism.
  3. The Nazis, like the New Left, referred to themselves as the “movement,” and hated the “system.”
  4. Both complained that liberal democracy was merely a fraud, and rationality merely a prop for the evil status quo.
  5. Both fascists and the New Left had faith in the therapeutic value of violence.
  6. Watching on television a group of students chanting “The streets belong to the people,” Berger felt almost a physical shock as he remembered a verse of the Nazi “Horst Wessel Lied”: “Clear the streets for the brown battalions.”
  7. There was as well a glorification of youth which was explicit in the anthem of Mussolini’s Italy.
  8. Both the fascists and the New Left dehumanized their enemies.
  9. While the Nazis referred to Jews as ‘pigs,’ the American radicals used the same terminology for the police.
  10. For both there was a “mystical elitism” that made them sure they represented a “general will.” Ironic, in the light of the ‘democratic rhetoric’ of the New Left.
  11. And despite its democratic rhetoric, the New Left was not only contemptuous of liberal parliamentary democracy, but “fundamentally contemptuous of any procedures designed to find out what people want for themselves…What this elitism means in practice can be readily grasped by watching the manipulations of any SDS group on an American campus.”
Berger and Neuhaus, “Movement and Revolution,” p. 43-47

This is what you Democrats vote for.

I don't see any real options, either.

They have poisoned the culture, and will blame our demise on anything but the real cause....it's Putin, It's guns, white privilege, racism, covid.....

Having abandoned the faith of our Founders, their true believers are willing to simply take what is available and "the Devil take the hindmost."

That phrase summarizes the Democrat culture, and 'Devil' is the operative word.

I have a tiny ray of faith, which is why I don't watch what's spewed in media, they try to emulate a false reality of course because the majority of people out there are not what they portray them to be. I have three adult children, all successful in their own right, the oldest one was swayed a bit, but he's intelligent as well, and he's starting to see that things are not adding up. We try not to talk politics too much, but I can tell there's been a bit of a change of mind in the last year or so, and I try to talk to him in a way as to respect his own thought processes but also challenge them a bit at the same time. My youngest loves Rogan, and while Rogan is definitely not conservative, he doesn't advocate following the crowd and thinking for yourself. So he's definitely independent of thought and doesn't buy most of what he's being told. He stood up to a lot of his peers when he refused to be vaccinated, I'm proud of him for that. And my middle is kind of apolitical, but definitely conservative, and as she gets older, she's starting to understand that really none of them have our best interests at heart. So they're not blindly trusting and following what they're being told, so that gives me some hope that there are others in their age group that are the same. Fingers crossed.

I have a tiny ray of faith, which is why I don't watch what's spewed in media, they try to emulate a false reality of course because the majority of people out there are not what they portray them to be. I have three adult children, all successful in their own right, the oldest one was swayed a bit, but he's intelligent as well, and he's starting to see that things are not adding up. We try not to talk politics too much, but I can tell there's been a bit of a change of mind in the last year or so, and I try to talk to him in a way as to respect his own thought processes but also challenge them a bit at the same time. My youngest loves Rogan, and while Rogan is definitely not conservative, he doesn't advocate following the crowd and thinking for yourself. So he's definitely independent of thought and doesn't buy most of what he's being told. He stood up to a lot of his peers when he refused to be vaccinated, I'm proud of him for that. And my middle is kind of apolitical, but definitely conservative, and as she gets older, she's starting to understand that really none of them have our best interests at heart. So they're not blindly trusting and following what they're being told, so that gives me some hope that there are others in their age group that are the same. Fingers crossed.

You are very lucky.....blessed.

You have inspired me to post about a ray of hope....Chesa Boudin.

You are very lucky.....blessed.

You have inspired me to post about a ray of hope....Chesa Boudin.

Thank you, I am truly blessed, which is one reason why I try not to let all of this outside noise get to me and bring me down. Two are getting married this year, so a very busy year ahead, and hopefully some grandbabies in the future! ❤️

Thank you, I am truly blessed, which is one reason why I try not to let all of this outside noise get to me and bring me down. Two are getting married this year, so a very busy year ahead, and hopefully some grandbabies in the future! ❤️
Lot's of babies!!!

I hope they will consider home schooling.....

“It was calculated that the total advertising expenditure in North America in 2021 amounted to about 296.4 billion U.S. dollars.

If advertising didn’t work, businesses would not be spending $300 billion on it.

3. Those of us on the Right are clearly less manipulable by media, pop culture, the schools, and, as one glace at the results of Democrat recent victories will attest, understood what happens when one makes the choices Leftists make.

Apparently you don't watch fox news, and their target audience for their commercials.

Did you buy a "my pillow" or invest in gold? Conservatives just require different bait.

Apparently you don't watch fox news, and their target audience for their commercials.

Did you buy a "my pillow" or invest in gold? Conservatives just require different bait.

I haven't put on Fox News since election night, when they stabbed Trump in the back.

Let's stick to the point: this list, and it's similarity to the Democrats, is dispositive.

9. The sociologist Peter Berger explained the resemblance of the current Nazis of the Democrat Party to German and Italian Fascists via the following parallels.

1. Both were without a positive view of the future.
  2. Both were simply against their society, against stability, classical liberalism, capitalism, and intellectualism.
  3. The Nazis, like the New Left, referred to themselves as the “movement,” and hated the “system.”
  4. Both complained that liberal democracy was merely a fraud, and rationality merely a prop for the evil status quo.
  5. Both fascists and the New Left had faith in the therapeutic value of violence.
  6. Watching on television a group of students chanting “The streets belong to the people,” Berger felt almost a physical shock as he remembered a verse of the Nazi “Horst Wessel Lied”: “Clear the streets for the brown battalions.”
  7. There was as well a glorification of youth which was explicit in the anthem of Mussolini’s Italy.
  8. Both the fascists and the New Left dehumanized their enemies.
  9. While the Nazis referred to Jews as ‘pigs,’ the American radicals used the same terminology for the police.
  10. For both there was a “mystical elitism” that made them sure they represented a “general will.” Ironic, in the light of the ‘democratic rhetoric’ of the New Left.
  11. And despite its democratic rhetoric, the New Left was not only contemptuous of liberal parliamentary democracy, but “fundamentally contemptuous of any procedures designed to find out what people want for themselves…What this elitism means in practice can be readily grasped by watching the manipulations of any SDS group on an American campus.”
Berger and Neuhaus, “Movement and Revolution,” p. 43-47

This is what you Democrats vote for.

Fish don't see water. The dominant liberal culture just believes it is normal.
Actually fish do see water, which was your first mistake.

Archer-2516942-19C8B0F000000578-335_636x382.jpg

Forum List

Back