Americans Strongly Dislike PC Culture

PC isn't about manners; that's just the excuse in which it is cloaked. PC is about controlling the conversation and avoiding the actual topic by putting your target on the defensive. To wit:

"I don't like Obamacare"
"YOU ONLY SAY THAT BECAUSE HE'S BLACK! YOU'RE A RACIST! WHY DO YOU HATE BLACK PEOPLE!"

"Black fathers are disproportionately absent from the home"
"YOU'RE A RACIST! YOU HATE BLACKS! WHY DO YOU HATE BLACKS!"

"I don't know who to believe in this Kavanaugh story"
"YOU SUPPORT RAPE! YOU HATE WOMEN! WHY DO YOU SUPPORT RAPE! YOU'RE PROBABLY A RAPIST"

"I am appalled by this latest jihadist atrocity"
"YOU'RE AN ISLAMOPHOBE! YOU HATE MUSLIMS! CHRISTIANS ARE JUST AS BAD!"

"I didn't like the way there was public nudity in that gay pride parade"
"YOU'RE A HOMOPHOBE! YOU HATE GAYS! YOU'RE PROBABLY A RACIST TOO, RIGHT?"

Are we really going to pretend this stuff doesn't happen regularly?

But how is that PC...don’t you think it matters HOW it is framed and and answered? Some For example, each of your statements can be and has been framed quite differently.

According to the link, the opinion piece written by a (leftie?) Harvard professor is based on a Brit "study". How relevant is it?

Gender is what equipment you have to reproduce with. You can try to cite your pc bs cult neo dictionaries all day long. But rationale people know the difference. Once again you will discover this when people vote in a couple weeks.

I have to say it is post like this that keeps me coming back to this forum.

One of the sheep say "check Webster's, you are wrong".

So, when I do so and prove I am 100% correct, the other sheep says something about "pc bs cult neo dictionaries"...the very dictionary the first sheep told me to check!

You just cannot make this shit up folks! This is better than any reality TV show!

How about a non-PC, non-online dictionary that can't be edited with the stroke of a keyboard?

Leave it to the PC crowd to confuse gender with genderless.

Notice the "masculine, feminine, and neuter" part.

T6KtGim.jpg

Thank you for once again showing that gender is a literary term, and should not be used in place of the biological term “sex”.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

trans gender= a person with the genitals of one sex that thinks they are the other sex. Lesbian= a sexual female who prefers other females sexually. Gender and sex are the same thing in today's common language.

Yes, that is true in today’s common language they are,but they should not be.

Like my old man always said:
PC was started by piece of shits for piece of shits...PC allows the piece of shits to pretend they aren’t the piece of shits they are as PC prohibits good people from calling the piece of shits out on their bullshit.

What you do is not anti-PC, it is just good old fashioned racism.

You want Blacks and Mexicans to be less criminal, have fewer babies and be less dependent on good American taxpayers but you do not ask the same thing of white people.

stop the spin and lies, we want blacks and Mexicans to do less of those things because they do a disproportionate number of those things. Its not racist (and Mexican is not a race), its just telling it like it is and that is what you libs find offensive-----------the truth.

The truth is a major inconvenience for Libs.

That explains why you hate the truth so much my little statist buddy!

`
...."According to the report, 25 percent of Americans are traditional or devoted conservatives, and their views are far outside the American mainstream. Some 8 percent of Americans are progressive activists, and their views are even less typical. By contrast, the two-thirds of Americans who don’t belong to either extreme constitute an “exhausted majority.” Their members “share a sense of fatigue with our polarized national conversation, a willingness to be flexible in their political viewpoints, and a lack of voice in the national conversation.”

Most members of the “exhausted majority,” and then some, dislike political correctness. Among the general population, a full 80 percent believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” Even young people are uncomfortable with it, including 74 percent ages 24 to 29, and 79 percent under age 24. On this particular issue, the woke are in a clear minority across all ages"
.... Source
`
`

Hollywood and the entertainment media are the ones behind pushing the PC culture. This is followed by a heavy hand from politicians and others to forcefully conform to a new order. However well intentioned as it may seem to be, I don't like to be forced to do, think or say anything. Some things are common sense; don't say hurtful things to people. Be kind to people. But when it comes to forcing me, or anyone else for that matter, to accept things they don't agree with in the name of political correctness, that's going to cause blowback. The election tump is one example of this.

I may lean left but that hardly means I'm going to roll over for PC, especially if I feel it's being forced.
`

I'm going to go out o a short limb here and suggest that PC means different things to different people.

A liberal might recognize that both L and R can be PC...
but most cons believe that PC is a "liberal thing".....that there are NO conservatives who are PC....

silly cons.....

Give an example of cons being pc.
Sure...

If you talk about climate change, you are labeled alarmist.

If you talk about border control that doesn’t involve family seperation, you are open borders.

If gay couples want to be able to hold hands in public, they are shoving their deviancy down our throats.

If you support Muslims running for office you are pro Sharia.

The invasion of Iraq is termed “liberation”.

If you you support voting rights and equality you are a SJW.

PC. Patriotic Correctness.

If you talk about climate change, you are labeled alarmist

Your side wants to put people IN JAIL for asking questions your side cannot even answer...

1. WHY does one Earth polar circle have 9 times the ice of the other?

2. In the past million years, Greenland froze while North America thawed, all at the same time on the same planet with the same atmosphere with the same amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, so what did CO2 have to do with either event?

Global Warming is a complete fraud.

Co2 does not cause Earth climate change.

PC isn't about manners; that's just the excuse in which it is cloaked. PC is about controlling the conversation and avoiding the actual topic by putting your target on the defensive. To wit:

"I don't like Obamacare"
"YOU ONLY SAY THAT BECAUSE HE'S BLACK! YOU'RE A RACIST! WHY DO YOU HATE BLACK PEOPLE!"

"Black fathers are disproportionately absent from the home"
"YOU'RE A RACIST! YOU HATE BLACKS! WHY DO YOU HATE BLACKS!"

"I don't know who to believe in this Kavanaugh story"
"YOU SUPPORT RAPE! YOU HATE WOMEN! WHY DO YOU SUPPORT RAPE! YOU'RE PROBABLY A RAPIST"

"I am appalled by this latest jihadist atrocity"
"YOU'RE AN ISLAMOPHOBE! YOU HATE MUSLIMS! CHRISTIANS ARE JUST AS BAD!"

"I didn't like the way there was public nudity in that gay pride parade"
"YOU'RE A HOMOPHOBE! YOU HATE GAYS! YOU'RE PROBABLY A RACIST TOO, RIGHT?"

Are we really going to pretend this stuff doesn't happen regularly?

But how is that PC...don’t you think it matters HOW it is framed and and answered? Some For example, each of your statements can be and has been framed quite differently.
The problem with PC is the reaction to words, not the words themselves.

A PC zealot chooses to interpret words in the way that most easily allows them to avoid the point and put their target on the defensive.

That is intellectually dishonest and cowardly.

Well the lgbt pc is factually a cult. Most folks are leery of cults & the fascism they employ.

And yeah, middle bloc voters of either party tend to be more individualistic, intelligent & set their heels the minute they think someone is trying to handcuff their freedoms & autonomy.

A member of cult45 admonishing cults. :auiqs.jpg: That's rich. This is like a prostitute debating the finer points of abstinence.

If you talk about climate change, you are labeled alarmist

Your side wants to put people IN JAIL for asking questions your side cannot even answer...

1. WHY does one Earth polar circle have 9 times the ice of the other?

2. In the past million years, Greenland froze while North America thawed, all at the same time on the same planet with the same atmosphere with the same amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, so what did CO2 have to do with either event?

Global Warming is a complete fraud.

Co2 does not cause Earth climate change.

Nope. My side doesn’t. Can’t find any legislation to that effect. On the other hand some red states have legislated restricting the ability of people to discuss or use climate change data.
North Carolina Literally Passed Laws Against Science on Sea-Level Rises

Well the lgbt pc is factually a cult. Most folks are leery of cults & the fascism they employ.

And yeah, middle bloc voters of either party tend to be more individualistic, intelligent & set their heels the minute they think someone is trying to handcuff their freedoms & autonomy.

A member of cult45 admonishing cults. :auiqs.jpg: That's rich. This is like a prostitute debating the finer points of abstinence.
How about go fuck yourself? Talk to the points, not what you've decided is the person.

`
...."According to the report, 25 percent of Americans are traditional or devoted conservatives, and their views are far outside the American mainstream. Some 8 percent of Americans are progressive activists, and their views are even less typical. By contrast, the two-thirds of Americans who don’t belong to either extreme constitute an “exhausted majority.” Their members “share a sense of fatigue with our polarized national conversation, a willingness to be flexible in their political viewpoints, and a lack of voice in the national conversation.”

Most members of the “exhausted majority,” and then some, dislike political correctness. Among the general population, a full 80 percent believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” Even young people are uncomfortable with it, including 74 percent ages 24 to 29, and 79 percent under age 24. On this particular issue, the woke are in a clear minority across all ages"
.... Source
`
`

Hollywood and the entertainment media are the ones behind pushing the PC culture. This is followed by a heavy hand from politicians and others to forcefully conform to a new order. However well intentioned as it may seem to be, I don't like to be forced to do, think or say anything. Some things are common sense; don't say hurtful things to people. Be kind to people. But when it comes to forcing me, or anyone else for that matter, to accept things they don't agree with in the name of political correctness, that's going to cause blowback. The election tump is one example of this.

I may lean left but that hardly means I'm going to roll over for PC, especially if I feel it's being forced.
`

Me see conservative in your future.

How about go fuck yourself? Talk to the points, not what you've decided is the person.

Naw thanks. You're an asshole and an insincere idiot too. There's my point. Need a source? Ask me, I'll be happy to tell you over and over.

'Political Correctness' is a Communist invention. And it's the US Democrat Party that's forcing it on the People. It's the US Communist Party. Hopefully the People are getting it. Vote Democrats out of office at every opportunity.

I'm going to go out o a short limb here and suggest that PC means different things to different people.A liberal might recognize that both L and R can be PC...but most cons believe that PC is a "liberal thing".....that there are NO conservatives who are PC....silly cons.....
`
You are most likely correct. What is Politically Correct picks up different meanings, including political ideology, for a host of different reasons. As the article points out, there are many factors involved.

Political Correctness is not half the problem as identity politics.
Identity politics is dividing this nation into many factions, also known as tribalism.
All of this is encouraged by the establishment who very much want to keep Americans divided and fighting each other rather than paying attention to the real enemy: Corporatism. WHich has now wholly corrupted the federal government and the media.

View attachment 222545

so, corporations are inherently evil? evil and they want to destroy the country? without the country corporations could not exist and shareholders would lose their money. Your real issue is envy and jealousy of people who have more than you do. Why cant you admit that?

What, are you on drugs or something?
Please point to where I said all corporations are evil, and inherently so.
After not being able to do that, please convince me that our government is not corrupted by the larger corporations and their interest. To a point, that they absolutely now represent them more than us.

here is what you said
"All of this is encouraged by the establishment who very much want to keep Americans divided and fighting each other rather than paying attention to the real enemy: Corporatism. WHich has now wholly corrupted the federal government and the media."

feel free to correct it if you misspoke, otherwise own it.

Ok....so where in that do you find that I am saying all corporations are inherently evil?
Are you unfamiliar with the term Corporatism?
Let me help...

Cor·po·rat·ism
ˈkôrp(ə)rəˌtizəm/
noun
noun: corporatism
  1. the control of a state or organization by large interest groups.

Speaking of PC...do you all remember all the Republican primary candidates squirming while saying things that they didn't believe while pandering to the far right wing of the Republican party? (Except Trump because he has no problem with out right lying)

Do you notice how all the current Republican congressional candidates squirm while saying things that they don't believe while pandering to the far right wing of the Republican party?

Political correctness is a 2 edge sword!

Forum List

Back