Americans Strongly Dislike PC Culture

PC isn't about manners; that's just the excuse in which it is cloaked. PC is about controlling the conversation and avoiding the actual topic by putting your target on the defensive. To wit:

"I don't like Obamacare"
"YOU ONLY SAY THAT BECAUSE HE'S BLACK! YOU'RE A RACIST! WHY DO YOU HATE BLACK PEOPLE!"

"Black fathers are disproportionately absent from the home"
"YOU'RE A RACIST! YOU HATE BLACKS! WHY DO YOU HATE BLACKS!"

"I strongly disagree with your political opinion"
"THAT'S HATE SPEECH! I AM TRIGGERED! YOU MUST BE SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY! I NEED A SAFE SPACE!"

"Where are you from?"
"THAT'S A MICROAGGRESSION! WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MY ETHNICITY!"

"I don't know who to believe in this Kavanaugh story"
"YOU SUPPORT RAPE! YOU HATE WOMEN! WHY DO YOU SUPPORT RAPE! YOU'RE PROBABLY A RAPIST!"

"Something needs to be done about the flow of illegals into this country"
"YOU HATE MEXICANS! YOU'RE A RACIST! WHY DO YOU HATE MEXICANS!"

"You look nice today!"
"THAT IS TOXIC MASCULINITY! THAT IS SEXUALLY AGGRESSIVE! ARE YOU A RAPIST!"

"I am appalled by this latest jihadist atrocity"
"YOU'RE AN ISLAMOPHOBE! YOU HATE ALL MUSLIMS! CHRISTIANS ARE JUST AS BAD!"

"I didn't like the way there was public nudity in that gay pride parade"
"YOU'RE A HOMOPHOBE! YOU HATE GAYS! YOU'RE PROBABLY A RACIST TOO, RIGHT?"

"She will be here later"
"YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY SHE! ZIR IS A ZIR, NOT A SHE! YOU HATE ALL GENDER QUEERS AND MUST BE PUNISHED!"

Are we really going to pretend this stuff doesn't happen regularly, and usually by essentially the same people?
How are any of those examples of political correctness?

`
...."According to the report, 25 percent of Americans are traditional or devoted conservatives, and their views are far outside the American mainstream. Some 8 percent of Americans are progressive activists, and their views are even less typical. By contrast, the two-thirds of Americans who don’t belong to either extreme constitute an “exhausted majority.” Their members “share a sense of fatigue with our polarized national conversation, a willingness to be flexible in their political viewpoints, and a lack of voice in the national conversation.”

Most members of the “exhausted majority,” and then some, dislike political correctness. Among the general population, a full 80 percent believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” Even young people are uncomfortable with it, including 74 percent ages 24 to 29, and 79 percent under age 24. On this particular issue, the woke are in a clear minority across all ages"
.... Source
`
`

Hollywood and the entertainment media are the ones behind pushing the PC culture. This is followed by a heavy hand from politicians and others to forcefully conform to a new order. However well intentioned as it may seem to be, I don't like to be forced to do, think or say anything. Some things are common sense; don't say hurtful things to people. Be kind to people. But when it comes to forcing me, or anyone else for that matter, to accept things they don't agree with in the name of political correctness, that's going to cause blowback. The election tump is one example of this.

I may lean left but that hardly means I'm going to roll over for PC, especially if I feel it's being forced.
`
Bigot

Gender is a literary term that was never meant to be used to differentiate between the two sexes.
Kids say the funniest things

Have you even hit puberty yet, child? I cannot imagine an adult saying such a silly thing because they are old enough to remember a time before radical snowflakes got a hold of the word ender .

Actually my little party sheep, it was the snowflakes that got a hold of the word "sex" and substituted gender in its place.

Unlike you obviously are not, I am old enough to remember when the word sex was used until the "moral majority" had issues with it and the change was made.

gender is a literary term that was never meant to be used to differentiate between the two sexes. This is a fact of life and nothing you say can change it.

gender | Origin and meaning of gender by Online Etymology Dictionary

You might want to pay attention to the part that mentions that the usage as referring to male and female dates back to the early 15th century.

You must be awfully old if you remember a time when it didn't refer to the two different sexes.

And it was not till the 20th century (that is the 1900's in case you did not know) that this happened...came to be the usual English word for "sex of a human being," in which use it was at first regarded as colloquial or humorous

Do try and read your own links next time, saves you from looking like the moron that you are

PC isn't about manners; that's just the excuse in which it is cloaked. PC is about controlling the conversation and avoiding the actual topic by putting your target on the defensive. To wit:

"I don't like Obamacare"
"YOU ONLY SAY THAT BECAUSE HE'S BLACK! YOU'RE A RACIST! WHY DO YOU HATE BLACK PEOPLE!"

"THAT'S HATE SPEECH! I AM TRIGGERED! YOU MUST BE SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY! I NEED A SAFE SPACE!"

"Where are you from?"

"YOU SUPPORT RAPE! YOU HATE WOMEN! WHY DO YOU SUPPORT RAPE! YOU'RE PROBABLY A RAPIST!"

"You look nice today!"

"She will be here later"
"YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY SHE! ZIR IS A ZIR, NOT A SHE! YOU HATE ALL GENDER QUEERS AND MUST BE PUNISHED!"

Are we really going to pretend this stuff doesn't happen regularly, and usually by essentially the same people?
Taken as a whole, all of them.

You really didn't know that?

"I don't like Obamacare"

"Where are you from?"

"You look nice today!"

"She will be here later"

No, I didn't. I don't know what that is. This, to me, is political correctness.

1. The BBC has dropped the use of the terms Before Christ (BC) and Anno Domini (AD) on one of their programmes and decided that the terms 'Before Common Era' / 'Common Era' are more appropriate

2. The European Parliament introduced proposals to outlaw titles stating marital status such as 'Miss' and 'Mrs' so as not to cause offence. It also meant that 'Madame' and 'Mademoiselle', 'Frau' and 'Fraulein' and 'Senora' and 'Senorita' would be banned.

3. Throughout several US councils and organisations, any terms using the word 'man' as a prefix or suffix have been ruled as not being politically correct. 'Manhole' is now referred to as a 'utility' or 'maintenance' hole.

4. Loveable cartoon rogue Dennis the Menace has been given a politically correct make over. BBC chiefs decided to take away his edge in the remake. Gone are his bombs, catapult, water pistol and pea shooter - and in their place is a simple boyish grin.

5. Spotted Dick - a classic English dessert has been renamed to avoid embarrassment. The traditional pud Spotted Dick has been given the title Spotted Richard, after UK council bosses feared the original name might cause offence.

6. A school in Seattle renamed its Easter eggs 'spring spheres' to avoid causing offence to people who did not celebrate Easter.

7. A UK council has banned the term 'brainstorming' – and replaced it with 'thought showers', as local lawmakers thought the term may offend epileptics.

8. A UK recruiter was stunned when her job advert for 'reliable' and 'hard-working' applicants was rejected by the job centre as it could be offensive to unreliable and lazy people.

9. Gillingham fans had begun to fondly offer celery to their goalkeeper, ‘Big Fat’ Jim Stannard. The club, however, decided that celery could result in health and safety issues inside the ground. As a result, fans were subjected to celery searches with the ultimate sanction for possession of celery allegedly being a life ban.’

10. In 2007, Santa Clauses in Sydney, Australia, were banned from saying 'Ho Ho Ho'. Their employer, the recruitment firm Westaff (that supplies hundreds of Santas across Australia), allegedly told all trainees that 'ho ho ho' could frighten children, and be derogatory to women. Why ? Because 'Ho Ho Ho' is too close to the American (not Australian, mind you) slang for prostitute.

11. Some US schools now have a 'holiday tree' every at Christmas, rather than a Christmas tree.
11 Examples Of Political Correctness Gone Mad

"I don't like Obamacare"

"Where are you from?"

"You look nice today!"

"She will be here later"

How can it be considered politically correct to call someone a racist?

Gender is a literary term that was never meant to be used to differentiate between the two sexes.
Kids say the funniest things

Have you even hit puberty yet, child? I cannot imagine an adult saying such a silly thing because they are old enough to remember a time before radical snowflakes got a hold of the word ender .

Actually my little party sheep, it was the snowflakes that got a hold of the word "sex" and substituted gender in its place.

Unlike you obviously are not, I am old enough to remember when the word sex was used until the "moral majority" had issues with it and the change was made.

gender is a literary term that was never meant to be used to differentiate between the two sexes. This is a fact of life and nothing you say can change it.

gender | Origin and meaning of gender by Online Etymology Dictionary

You might want to pay attention to the part that mentions that the usage as referring to male and female dates back to the early 15th century.

You must be awfully old if you remember a time when it didn't refer to the two different sexes.

And it was not till the 20th century (that is the 1900's in case you did not know) that this happened...came to be the usual English word for "sex of a human being," in which use it was at first regarded as colloquial or humorous

Do try and read your own links next time, saves you from looking like the moron that you are

So, you DID miss the part that indicated it referred to male and female in the fifteenth century.

The fact that it became more popular in common parlance in the 20th century by no means indicates it DIDN'T mean what it means earlier in time, only that its usage became more frequent.

Goodness, child, since you were not alive in the early 20th century and so grew up during a time when gender definitely meant sex, you shouldn't be calling ANYBODY else a moron.

Charley Sheen might as well call somebody else a drunk.

"I don't like Obamacare"

"Where are you from?"

"You look nice today!"

"She will be here later"

1. The BBC has dropped the use of the terms Before Christ (BC) and Anno Domini (AD) on one of their programmes and decided that the terms 'Before Common Era' / 'Common Era' are more appropriate

2. The European Parliament introduced proposals to outlaw titles stating marital status such as 'Miss' and 'Mrs' so as not to cause offence. It also meant that 'Madame' and 'Mademoiselle', 'Frau' and 'Fraulein' and 'Senora' and 'Senorita' would be banned.

3. Throughout several US councils and organisations, any terms using the word 'man' as a prefix or suffix have been ruled as not being politically correct. 'Manhole' is now referred to as a 'utility' or 'maintenance' hole.

4. Loveable cartoon rogue Dennis the Menace has been given a politically correct make over. BBC chiefs decided to take away his edge in the remake. Gone are his bombs, catapult, water pistol and pea shooter - and in their place is a simple boyish grin.

5. Spotted Dick - a classic English dessert has been renamed to avoid embarrassment. The traditional pud Spotted Dick has been given the title Spotted Richard, after UK council bosses feared the original name might cause offence.

6. A school in Seattle renamed its Easter eggs 'spring spheres' to avoid causing offence to people who did not celebrate Easter.

7. A UK council has banned the term 'brainstorming' – and replaced it with 'thought showers', as local lawmakers thought the term may offend epileptics.

8. A UK recruiter was stunned when her job advert for 'reliable' and 'hard-working' applicants was rejected by the job centre as it could be offensive to unreliable and lazy people.

9. Gillingham fans had begun to fondly offer celery to their goalkeeper, ‘Big Fat’ Jim Stannard. The club, however, decided that celery could result in health and safety issues inside the ground. As a result, fans were subjected to celery searches with the ultimate sanction for possession of celery allegedly being a life ban.’

10. In 2007, Santa Clauses in Sydney, Australia, were banned from saying 'Ho Ho Ho'. Their employer, the recruitment firm Westaff (that supplies hundreds of Santas across Australia), allegedly told all trainees that 'ho ho ho' could frighten children, and be derogatory to women. Why ? Because 'Ho Ho Ho' is too close to the American (not Australian, mind you) slang for prostitute.

11. Some US schools now have a 'holiday tree' every at Christmas, rather than a Christmas tree.
Yes, those are examples of PC, just a more institutional kind.

Also annoying, unnecessary, and authoritarian.

"I don't like Obamacare"

"Where are you from?"

"You look nice today!"

"She will be here later"

Yes, those are examples of PC, just a more institutional kind.

Also annoying, unnecessary, and authoritarian.
How is it politically correct to call someone a racist or rapist?

"I don't like Obamacare"

"Where are you from?"

"You look nice today!"

"She will be here later"

As I mentioned in another post, it's the reaction by the PC zealots that is the problem.

So the zealot is creating and enforcing arbitrary rules about what is acceptable and not acceptable to say. The zealot deciding that what is said is not PC, and must be attacked.

"I don't like Obamacare"

"Where are you from?"

"You look nice today!"

"She will be here later"

As I mentioned in another post, it's the reaction by the PC zealots that is the problem.

So the zealot is creating and enforcing arbitrary rules about what is acceptable and not acceptable to say. The zealot deciding that what is said is not PC, and must be attacked.
That's a stretch.

"I don't like Obamacare"

"Where are you from?"

"You look nice today!"

"She will be here later"

That's a stretch.
Bummer.

That's a stretch.
Bummer.
Not for me. I'm just trying to understand.

"I don't like Obamacare"

"Where are you from?"

"You look nice today!"

"She will be here later"

Re this list.

5 - Its still called spotted dick and is a staple of fnarr fnarr comedians.
7.- Thought showers were a BBC thing. No harm was done by renaming these pathetic practices.
9 - Celery joined a large list of items banned from some football grounds. Basically its anything that could possibl cause injury. It was very specific to that club though, and its nutty owner. TBH anyone taking celery to a football match probably needs help.

"I don't like Obamacare"

"Where are you from?"

"You look nice today!"

"She will be here later"

Re this list.

5 - Its still called spotted dick and is a staple of fnarr fnarr comedians.
7.- Thought showers were a BBC thing. No harm was done by renaming these pathetic practices.
9 - Celery joined a large list of items banned from some football grounds. Basically its anything that could possibl cause injury. It was very specific to that club though, and its nutty owner. TBH anyone taking celery to a football match probably needs help.
Is this an example of fnarr fnarr comedy?

Goes to show you that the U.K. truly has turned into a pathetic nation of pussies. Having practically banned guns, and even knives, now they're afraid of celery.

`
...."According to the report, 25 percent of Americans are traditional or devoted conservatives, and their views are far outside the American mainstream. Some 8 percent of Americans are progressive activists, and their views are even less typical. By contrast, the two-thirds of Americans who don’t belong to either extreme constitute an “exhausted majority.” Their members “share a sense of fatigue with our polarized national conversation, a willingness to be flexible in their political viewpoints, and a lack of voice in the national conversation.”

Most members of the “exhausted majority,” and then some, dislike political correctness. Among the general population, a full 80 percent believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” Even young people are uncomfortable with it, including 74 percent ages 24 to 29, and 79 percent under age 24. On this particular issue, the woke are in a clear minority across all ages"
.... Source
`
`

Hollywood and the entertainment media are the ones behind pushing the PC culture. This is followed by a heavy hand from politicians and others to forcefully conform to a new order. However well intentioned as it may seem to be, I don't like to be forced to do, think or say anything. Some things are common sense; don't say hurtful things to people. Be kind to people. But when it comes to forcing me, or anyone else for that matter, to accept things they don't agree with in the name of political correctness, that's going to cause blowback. The election tump is one example of this.

I may lean left but that hardly means I'm going to roll over for PC, especially if I feel it's being forced.
`

I'm going to go out o a short limb here and suggest that PC means different things to different people.

A liberal might recognize that both L and R can be PC...
but most cons believe that PC is a "liberal thing".....that there are NO conservatives who are PC....

silly cons.....

Give an example of cons being pc.
Sure...

If you talk about climate change, you are labeled alarmist.

1. YOur Logical Fallacy of Shotgun argument is denied. I asked for AN example. I will address the first one.

2. Being labeled is not Political Correctness. FOr conservatives to do Political Correctness on a Climate Change believer, they would have to dismiss any and all arguments, label the person an "alarmist" and then get rile up a mob response so that the person is hounded and perhaps fired.

And any attempt by the person to change the subject back to Climate Change, would be dismissed, and countered with every increasing personal attacks.

Oh, and additional labels would be added on, for reasons. Because being an "alarmist" makes it very likely the person is also racist, and/or sexist, and/or ableist, and/or homophobic, ect ect ect ect.

Goes to show you that the U.K. truly has turned into a pathetic nation of pussies. Having practically banned guns, and even knives, now they're afraid of celery.
One of the key components of PC is this neurotic, narcissistic hypersensitivity that commands that if one person is "offended", the rest must fall in line and adjust to their whims.

The Regressive Left defends and enables this behavior, turning itself into social authoritarians whose crusade it is to create and enforce rules that are only becoming more and more absurd. Celery.

An authoritarian wants to control everything possible, from words to actions. The primary method they use to continually add to their control is to isolate each absurd situation so as to minimize it. It's only this, or it's only that, they'll say, no big deal, purposely ignoring the fact that each example is just part of a much larger picture. A lie.

They are authoritarians, which is quite illiberal. How ironic it is that most of this madness comes from the Left end of the spectrum.

Look at what they've done to our kids:
83_zpsmcd1yxe5.gif

Last edited:
As I said, there is also the 20% of the far left whom with whitened knuckles and gritting teeth, grasp on to PC like the far right clings to their bibles. Tump is a symptom to a far larger problem here and part of that problem is PC.

again, only people whining about "PC" are the bigots who live in mortal fear they'll be marched down to HR when they out themselves.

The real problem... Bigotry has been at the heart of the GOP since Nixon's Southern Strategy. Trump just refined it into a pure form. He's the Crack Cocaine version of Republican racism.

Forum List

Back