Americans who are anti immigrant/against immigration.. Why?

There are not unlimited slots in universities. Once they fill up no more people can go. ....

If a university "fills up" the university expands. In any case, "slots" are based on competitiveness. That's why American universities are the best in the world.

Yes, they can expand. But that will be a help for the class two years down the road. And by then the population will be even higher. because this wave of immigration is not ending.

And competition does not help the American student, if he loses.

The goal of American Immigration Policy should be to advance the interests of American citizens.

Increasing competition for them is not helping them.

Bilingualism is an outgrowth of illegal immigration, Definitely. And 40 years earlier, this was Never AN ISSUE. I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT. Now diversity is just an excuse for people to ignore the prevalent culture. And all it does is cause all sorts of problems and ambiguity.

yep, They were Required to learn English and that didn't cause them to give up their native language and culture. Now We the people has to push a button for if we want to speak ENGLISH.
Now they can break out laws (look at California for starters) and stay Illegal and be rewarded with: Drivers license, free education and in most cases access to our Welfare programs put in place for legal American citizens.

but the people don't want to be called, ANTI-immigrant, anti-immigration. of being Unchristian like if they speak out on it. I don't know where this going to end. but I don't see whats going on under Obama as being all a good thing
Actually, this started during the Regan Admin, as hard as it may be to believe in the early 80's, the conservative republicans killed immigration laws at the time, and I still don't understand why. I was told this even by a INS officer even...

What? Where are you getting that? Just because Reagan signed an amnesty (with congress' approval and both parties names on the dotted line) it did not kill our immigration laws. They are still in place today. It was Ted Kennedy that "virtually" killed our immigration laws back in 1965 when he open the gates to every third worlder that could get here all the while claiming it wouldn't alter our demographics or culture.

And they fill seats in our universities that could go to Americans. ...

That makes absolutely no sense.

Sure it does. By bringing in large numbers of immigrants, especially Asians, it is increasing competition for a limited resource, ie college admission slots.

The kind of cowardice shown in your post is NOT an American value.
What is it with you? your grandparents got locked up in Manzanar and that justifies your grudge against American culture? What? You hide behind that phony outrage of yours, and that tells me something.

And competition does not help the American student, if he loses.....

That's loser talk. Americans can compete with anyone. You don't seem to understand how competition creates strength.

Nope. It's the truth. Making it harder for the Johnnys of the US to get into Harvard is not helping Johnny.

Competition can be healthy. It is not a magic bullet.

THis change is not to the good, for the American citizens.

Sure it does. By bringing in large numbers of immigrants, especially Asians, it is increasing competition for a limited resource, ie college admission slots.

Nothing in your response addresses the fact that my point was correct, that importing large numbers of students will increase competition for admission slots.

Some Americans will not be able to get into colleges that otherwise they would have been able to get into.

This is immigration negatively impacting their interests.

US policy should be designed to advance the interests of US citizens, not harm them.

Serious here. And No judgement.
I'm really curious those who's opposed to immigration.. Why?
I could somewhat understand why British/Europeans would be opposed to immigration but if you are an American, I don't understand it. You know, since America were built on immigration.
So, enlighten me, please :)
181888935_400x400_Front.jpg
Lets be clear, 99% of the people that leftist claim are anti-immigrant are actually standing up for actual immigrants vs illegals.

but you knew that

I could somewhat understand why British/Europeans would be opposed to immigration but if you are an American, I don't understand it. You know, since America were built on immigration.
Lets be clear, 99% of the people that leftist claim are anti-immigrant are actually standing up for actual immigrants vs illegals.

but you knew that

If they were EVER honest I'd faint. This type of BS questions is what they use to beat people down who is questioning the FLOOD of illegal immigrants coming into our country, RIGHT NOW under that President who Promised his idiots voting for him he would, TRANSFORM our country. but hey, those of us (legal citizens) questioning thing is instead accused of being, ANTI-immigration/ILLEGAL immigrant invading our country

But don't LOOK over here at your Borders

The great and mighty bodhisattva has spoken. I don't have a problem with immigration. Just illegals, criminals and frauds. You cant tell the difference between honesty, immigrating legally and dishonesty and illegal aliens ? I can, and I got a problem with liars and frauds, BIGGTIME!

but you knew that

If they were EVER honest I'd faint. This type of BS questions is what they use to beat people down who is questioning the FLOOD of illegal immigrants coming into our country, RIGHT NOW under that President who Promised his idiots voting for him he would, TRANSFORM our country. but hey, those of us (legal citizens) questioning thing is instead accused of being, ANTI-immigration/ILLEGAL immigrant invading our country

But don't LOOK over here at your Borders
It's always the same.

They break the law so the cover it up they create a lie and keep accusing us of that lie until they believe it.

four legs good
two legs better

Illegal aliens, illegal aliens. Man, I am sooooo sick of Mexican culture right now I am about to watch a Rumanian film festival just to wash out the Spanish out of my pallet. I wish to hear French or Portuguese or some other language, diversity is a joke. it's about excusing non acclimation (by Mexicans). I don't want diversity, nobody asked me. They just force it on you, and decree "it is good". I disagree.

There are not unlimited slots in universities. Once they fill up no more people can go. ....

If a university "fills up" the university expands. In any case, "slots" are based on competitiveness. That's why American universities are the best in the world.
It's not that easy to expand, it's in fact really expensive. And just because they need to expand due to student population doesn't mean they can afford to.

Illegal aliens, illegal aliens. Man, I am sooooo sick of Mexican culture right now I am about to watch a Rumanian film festival just to wash out the Spanish out of my pallet. I wish to hear French or Portuguese or some other language, diversity is a joke. it's about excusing non acclimation (by Mexicans). I don't want diversity, nobody asked me. They just force it on you, and decree "it is good". I disagree.

There she goes again, the Mexican-hating bigot.

nd that justifies your grudge against American culture? .

I love American culture. You don't understand it.

They were Required to learn English and that didn't cause them to give up their native language and culture....

Immigrants today are assimilating and learning English just as those who came before them did.

They might be learning English. They aren't assimilating.....

Yes, they are.

No, they aren't.

Yes,in fact, they are. You are confusing the BS some on the left want to promote with the actual experiences of immigrants today.

That's loser talk. Americans can compete with anyone. You don't seem to understand how competition creates strength.

Nope. It's the truth. Making it harder for the Johnnys of the US to get into Harvard is not helping Johnny.

Pussy.

Pussy.

Wanting American policy to be crafted to advance American interests is not being a "Pussy".

YOu are being an Ideologue, and not in a good way.

Forum List

Back