America’s “failure in testing”

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
I believe America's "testing failure" is dramatically overblown. America has run 4.32 million. The next closest country is Germany at 2.07 million. Italy is next at 1.51 million. Now let's take a look at testing in terms of percentage of the population:

United States: 1.30%

Germany: 2.45%
South Korea: 1.13%
Canada: 1.51%
United Kingdom: 0.82%
France: 0.71%
Netherlands: 1.00%
Belgium: 1.48%
Sweden: 0.94%
Finland: 1.24%
Norway: 2.74%
Singapore: 1.62%
Italy: 2.50%
Spain: 1.99%

America falls somewhere in the middle among this group of countries, which is an accomplishment considering how many people there are and how physically large the country is. Germany, as an example, is smaller than the state of Montana. It is much easier to test people in a country as dense. I’ve heard people saying the lack of testing is an indictment on our healthcare system, and that narrative is just false.

Last edited:
I believe America's "testing failure" is dramatically overblown. America has run 4.32 million. The next closest country is Germany at 2.07 million. Italy is next at 1.51 million. Now let's take a look at testing in terms of percentage of the population:

America falls somewhere in the middle among this group of countries, which is an accomplishment considering how many people there are and how physically large the country is. Germany, as an example, is smaller than the state of Montana. It is much easier to test people in a country is dense. I’ve heard people saying the lack of testing is an indictment on our healthcare system, and that narrative is just false.
To be fair that number does not include a large number of private testing companies

America falls somewhere in the middle among this group of countries, which is an accomplishment considering how many people there are and how physically large the country is. Germany, as an example, is smaller than the state of Montana. It is much easier to test people in a country is dense. I’ve heard people saying the lack of testing is an indictment on our healthcare system, and that narrative is just false.
To be fair that number does not include a large number of private testing companies

point taken

There was a delay in testing in the USA because the first batch of the CDC's tests to go out had a contaminated reagent. And the CDC's lab tech who was supposed check it before it was distributed fucked up.

It's being investigated, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the lab tech responsible has a name that sounds like silverware falling on the floor.

Has Trump used the full force of the Defense Production Act yet?

If he does, you'll complain.
If he doesn't, you'll complain.

I believe I recently criticized you for such stupid and thoughtless comments. As I figured, you can't learn from experience.

There was a delay in testing in the USA because the first batch of the CDC's tests to go out had a contaminated reagent. And the CDC's lab tech who was supposed check it before it was distributed fucked up.

It's being investigated, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the lab tech responsible has a name that sounds like silverware falling on the floor.

Not only that, but the CDC drowned private labs in red tape when they were trying to develop tests of their own in late January and early February.

Trump is getting all of the material needed to where its needed on time. Hospital beds, ventilators, masks, gowns, face masks, staff, etc.
Testing is being developed, tested, and then rolled out simultaneously.
Who moved the 12,000 US factories to China in the last 30-years? It wasn't Trump.
The US can't manufacture items without factories. That's why we're making ventilators in revamped car factories like Ford & Tesla.
Now where can we make the reagents??

Has Trump used the full force of the Defense Production Act yet?

If he does, you'll complain.
If he doesn't, you'll complain.

I believe I recently criticized you for such stupid and thoughtless comments. As I figured, you can't learn from experience.
I read all of your posts.
I read all of everyone's posts.
The above 2 are your problem, not mine.
You are an immature ideologue.

According to the following site, on a per-capita basis, the USA is 26th out of the 87 countries listed. By that metric, we are ahead of Finland, Singapore, Sweden, Holland, France, Japan, the United Kingdom and many other countries.

On a side note, we are easily first in terms of raw number of tests, about double the second highest country.

According to the following site, on a per-capita basis, the USA is 26th out of the 87 countries listed. We are easily first in terms of raw number of tests, about double the second highest country.

And we’re set to do much more testing in the near term. They just opened a testing site in Jersey that will administer a test to anyone and everyone who requests one, regardless of symptoms or not.

Trump is getting all of the material needed to where its needed on time. Hospital beds, ventilators, masks, gowns, face masks, staff, etc.
Testing is being developed, tested, and then rolled out simultaneously.
Who moved the 12,000 US factories to China in the last 30-years? It wasn't Trump.
The US can't manufacture items without factories. That's why we're making ventilators in revamped car factories like Ford & Tesla.
Now where can we make the reagents??

(WINNER)

Forum List

Back