America’s wealthiest families smash income ceiling, middle-class left far behind

The rich are paying a higher percentage.

Pick any range of income.
$5,000,000-$10,000,000
$1,000,000-5,000,000
$500,000-$1,000,000
$100,000-$500,000
$50,000-$100,000

Do you really feel any of those lower ranges pays a higher percentage than any of those higher ranges? LOL!

"Do you really feel any of those lower ranges pays a higher percentage than any of those higher ranges? LOL!"

STILL dishonest AND stupid I see

Average Effective Income Tax Rates for Different Income Groups 2007

Top 5% $611,200 20.9%

Top 1% $1,873,000 20.6%

The top 1 and what they pay - Apr. 4 2014

From 1992 to 2007 the top 400 earners in the U.S. saw their income increase 392% and their average tax rate reduced by 37%

It s the Inequality Stupid Mother Jones

ssawges.png

Top 5% $611,200 20.9%

Top 1% $1,873,000 20.6%

Those aren't ranges. LOL!

"But the rich are paying a higher percentage than the non-rich.

Still true.

Bzz. Wrong

When someone makes $20 million and $22 million in 2 consecutive years, and pays less than 15% FEDERAL tax burden (Mittens), about half of what a self employed carpenter, plumber or insurance agent does, somethings wrong!

When someone makes $20 million and $22 million in 2 consecutive years, and pays less than 15% FEDERAL tax burden

If you earn $20 million in long term capital gains and donate a few million to charity, of course your tax burden was less than 15%. And?
I'm not interested in a few examples, I'm interested in ranges.
People who claim the non-rich pay more than the rich are just being silly.

about half of what a self employed carpenter, plumber or insurance agent does

How much does one of these self-employed people make to pay 30%?

So NO, you don't know how effective rates are measured. Got it

Why don't you explain it to me, when you tell me how much those self-employed people make?
The ones who pay 30%.

"Do you really feel any of those lower ranges pays a higher percentage than any of those higher ranges? LOL!"

STILL dishonest AND stupid I see

Average Effective Income Tax Rates for Different Income Groups 2007

Top 5% $611,200 20.9%

Top 1% $1,873,000 20.6%

The top 1 and what they pay - Apr. 4 2014

From 1992 to 2007 the top 400 earners in the U.S. saw their income increase 392% and their average tax rate reduced by 37%

ssawges.png

Top 5% $611,200 20.9%

Top 1% $1,873,000 20.6%

Still true.

Bzz. Wrong

When someone makes $20 million and $22 million in 2 consecutive years, and pays less than 15% FEDERAL tax burden (Mittens), about half of what a self employed carpenter, plumber or insurance agent does, somethings wrong!

When someone makes $20 million and $22 million in 2 consecutive years, and pays less than 15% FEDERAL tax burden

If you earn $20 million in long term capital gains and donate a few million to charity, of course your tax burden was less than 15%. And?

Why don't you explain it to me, when you tell me how much those self-employed people make?
The ones who pay 30%.

Already have. IF you want to cut up posts and argue bits and pieces of it as usual, you try to figure it out oh dishonest POS one...

Yep,

The 1% can afford to pay more. They use our roads, infrastructure and police so they certainly should.

We'd be better off with a larger middle class.

Of course they can afford to pay more. Should they? I think not. They already are paying most of taxes.

To be correct, they use much less of our... eerrr their roads, infrastructure and police they average fella.

Also, just to mention...

Federal spending in 2000: $1.7 trillion
Federal spending in 2009: $3.6 trillion

Now tell me that throwing more money at the government is the solution.

9 Things The Rich Don't Want You To Know About Taxes

1. Poor Americans do pay taxes.

2. The wealthiest Americans don’t carry the burden.
It’s true that the top 1 percent of wage earners paid 38 percent of the federal income taxes in 2008 (the most recent year for which data is available). But people forget that the income tax is less than half of federal taxes and only one-fifth of taxes at all levels of government.

Social Security, Medicare and unemployment insurance taxes (known as payroll taxes) are paid mostly by the bottom 90 percent of wage earners.

3. In fact, the wealthy are paying less taxes.

4. Many of the very richest pay no current income taxes at all.

5. And (surprise!) since Reagan, only the wealthy have gained significant income.

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-17350-9_things_the_rich_dont_want_you_to_know_about_taxes.html

taxmageddon.png

ssawges.png

The wealthiest Americans don’t carry the burden.It’s true that the top 1 percent of wage earners paid 38 percent of the federal income taxes in 2008

Irony is ironic.

Dishonesty from you isn't

"But people forget that the income tax is less than half of federal taxes and only one-fifth of taxes at all levels of government."

"But people forget that the income tax is less than half of federal taxes

I know, taxes is too damn high!

Top 5% $611,200 20.9%

Top 1% $1,873,000 20.6%

Still true.

Bzz. Wrong

The ones who pay 30%.

Already have. IF you want to cut up posts and argue bits and pieces of it as usual, you try to figure it out oh dishonest POS one...

No you haven't.
You said some self-employed people pay twice as much as Mittens.
Prove it.

You think "effective rates" somehow help your claims. Prove it.

Despite, or because of, the fallout from the 2007 Great Recession, annual earnings between the richest Americans and everybody else have exploded to record levels. Meanwhile middle- and lower-class wealth growth remains stagnant.
The median wealth for high-income families hit $639,400 last year, a whopping 7 percent jump from three years earlier and seven times greater than middle-class incomes, which stood at $96,500 according to Pew Research Center, citing data from the Federal Reserve.
Middle-class median wealth, which Pew defines as the difference between the value of a household’s total assets and debts, has not advanced since 2010.
The financial chasm now separating the rich and everybody else is the widest since the Fed began tracking earnings 30 years ago, which became even more pronounced following the 2008 global financial crisis.
America 8217 s wealth gap between middle-income and upper-income families is widest on record Pew Research Center
proxy.jpg

Wealth Gap between America s Rich and Middle-Class Families Widest on Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
B5HKQctIcAIfWwE.png:large

IMO The American Dream was always a myth, but now it has turned into a nightmare for 47% of Americans. This robbing of the poor half of the population has been quite deliberate, by allowing unchecked immigration to obtain cheap labor and by off shoring of jobs to India and China. The Federal minimum wage has remained at $7.25 per hour since Obama took office, while the cost of living has increased substantially. There is no justification for this, since corporate profits have never been higher.
How's that Hope & Change working for you???

You mean AFTER 8 years of Dubya/GOP 'job creator' policies? lol

100317_cartoon_600.jpg

No, 6 years of Hopey Changey

You mean when a NET of 7+ million PRIVATE sector jobs were created (11+ million since hitting Bush';s bottom Feb 2010), AFTER DUBYA LOST 1+ MILLION PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS IN 8 YEARS? lol

Guess you aren't counting all of the jobs that were lost in 09-10. A labor-participation rate lower than it's been since WWII. 43 million people on food stamps. Income stagnation. The income gap growing exponentially. Obama bringing in millions of illegals to drive down wages like they do in California. $18,500,000,000,000.00 in debt.

Yup. Hopey Changey.

The Middle Class supports the Entitlement douchebags of America. When the Prez needs more cash for more freebies, he just demands the Middle Class write another check. But that's gonna change at some point. Because there won't be much of a Middle Class left in the near future. And that's when the shite really hits the fan. There will be much civil unrest. And that's why your local Police are rapidly Militarizing. They know it's coming. Dark days are coming. It's very sad.

Bzz. Wrong

The ones who pay 30%.

No you haven't.
Prove it.

Self-Employed Pay Highest Tax Rate in US
Self-Employed Pay Highest Tax Rate in US Nancy K. Humphreys

An example

Louie is single. In 2014, if he has taxable income of $9,075 or less, his marginal tax rate will be 10%. But if his taxable income climbs to between $9,076 and $36,900, his marginal tax rate will be 15%. And if his taxable income climbs to between $36,901 and $89,350, his marginal tax rate will be 25%. See how it works?

The Self-Employment Tax takes a big bite out of your pocket

Counting only income taxes ignores a large chunk of what most people pay in federal taxes.

Yep,

The 1% can afford to pay more. They use our roads, infrastructure and police so they certainly should.

We'd be better off with a larger middle class.

Of course they can afford to pay more. Should they? I think not. They already are paying most of taxes.

To be correct, they use much less of our... eerrr their roads, infrastructure and police they average fella.

Also, just to mention...

It’s true that the top 1 percent of wage earners paid 38 percent of the federal income taxes in 2008 (the most recent year for which data is available). But people forget that the income tax is less than half of federal taxes and only one-fifth of taxes at all levels of government.

Social Security, Medicare and unemployment insurance taxes (known as payroll taxes) are paid mostly by the bottom 90 percent of wage earners.

5. And (surprise!) since Reagan, only the wealthy have gained significant income.

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-17350-9_things_the_rich_dont_want_you_to_know_about_taxes.html

taxmageddon.png

ssawges.png

The wealthiest Americans don’t carry the burden.It’s true that the top 1 percent of wage earners paid 38 percent of the federal income taxes in 2008

Irony is ironic.

"But people forget that the income tax is less than half of federal taxes and only one-fifth of taxes at all levels of government."

Nope, but it's not proper, as cons do, to only worry about 20% of the tax system,. income taxes at the federal level

Poor Americans Pay Double The State, Local Tax Rates Of Top One Percent

Poor Americans Pay Double The State Local Tax Rates Of Top One Percent

Despite, or because of, the fallout from the 2007 Great Recession, annual earnings between the richest Americans and everybody else have exploded to record levels. Meanwhile middle- and lower-class wealth growth remains stagnant.
The median wealth for high-income families hit $639,400 last year, a whopping 7 percent jump from three years earlier and seven times greater than middle-class incomes, which stood at $96,500 according to Pew Research Center, citing data from the Federal Reserve.
Middle-class median wealth, which Pew defines as the difference between the value of a household’s total assets and debts, has not advanced since 2010.
The financial chasm now separating the rich and everybody else is the widest since the Fed began tracking earnings 30 years ago, which became even more pronounced following the 2008 global financial crisis.
America 8217 s wealth gap between middle-income and upper-income families is widest on record Pew Research Center
proxy.jpg

Wealth Gap between America s Rich and Middle-Class Families Widest on Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
B5HKQctIcAIfWwE.png:large

IMO The American Dream was always a myth, but now it has turned into a nightmare for 47% of Americans. This robbing of the poor half of the population has been quite deliberate, by allowing unchecked immigration to obtain cheap labor and by off shoring of jobs to India and China. The Federal minimum wage has remained at $7.25 per hour since Obama took office, while the cost of living has increased substantially. There is no justification for this, since corporate profits have never been higher.
How's that Hope & Change working for you???

You mean AFTER 8 years of Dubya/GOP 'job creator' policies? lol

100317_cartoon_600.jpg

No, 6 years of Hopey Changey

You mean when a NET of 7+ million PRIVATE sector jobs were created (11+ million since hitting Bush';s bottom Feb 2010), AFTER DUBYA LOST 1+ MILLION PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS IN 8 YEARS? lol

Guess you aren't counting all of the jobs that were lost in 09-10. A labor-participation rate lower than it's been since WWII. 43 million people on food stamps. Income stagnation. The income gap growing exponentially. Obama bringing in millions of illegals to drive down wages like they do in California. $18,500,000,000,000.00 in debt.

Yup. Hopey Changey.

Well I don't think even YOUR reading comprehension was this bad, most just be dishonest, usual right winger syndrome

AGAIN:

"NET of 7+ million PRIVATE sector jobs (IN 6 YEARS) were created (11+ million since hitting Bush';s bottom Feb 2010), AFTER DUBYA LOST 1+ MILLION PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS IN 8 YEARS? "

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

The Middle Class supports the Entitlement douchebags of America. When the Prez needs more cash for more freebies, he just demands the Middle Class write another check. But that's gonna change at some point. Because there won't be much of a Middle Class left in the near future. And that's when the shite really hits the fan. There will be much civil unrest. And that's why your local Police are rapidly Militarizing. They know it's coming. Dark days are coming. It's very sad.

True, been happening for 30+ years

deficit-pig-eating-bush-tax-cuts.jpg

taxmageddon.png

Last edited:

The ones who pay 30%.

No you haven't.
Prove it.

An example

Louie is single. In 2014, if he has taxable income of $9,075 or less, his marginal tax rate will be 10%. But if his taxable income climbs to between $9,076 and $36,900, his marginal tax rate will be 15%. And if his taxable income climbs to between $36,901 and $89,350, his marginal tax rate will be 25%. See how it works?

Counting only income taxes ignores a large chunk of what most people pay in federal taxes.

And if his taxable income climbs to between $36,901 and $89,350, his marginal tax rate will be 25%. See how it works?

And if he makes over 89K, his marginal rate is 28%. So what?
How much does he have to make to pay your 30% claim?

I agree, Social Security should be privatized.

Also, just to mention...

taxmageddon.png

ssawges.png

Irony is ironic.

Nope, but it's not proper, as cons do, to only worry about 20% of the tax system,. income taxes at the federal level

I agree, state taxes are too high.
I pity the morons who live in high tax states like California.

The ones who pay 30%.

No you haven't.
Prove it.

An example

And if his taxable income climbs to between $36,901 and $89,350, his marginal tax rate will be 25%. See how it works?

You just can't be honest Bubba, I get it

taxmageddon.png

ssawges.png

Irony is ironic.

I agree, state taxes are too high.
I pity the morons who live in high tax states like California.

Tax Foundation Reveals Scant Link Between Taxes And Prosperity

Another day, another weird map from a libertarian group that seems designed to debunk libertarianism. Last time it was strange assertions about freedom, today it's the Tax Foundation explaining why there are no successful businesses in California or New York:

Now it would be a little silly to say that relatively high business tax rates are the cause of California and New York's success as the pillars of America's very successful high-tech, finance, and media industries. But this map seems to provide strong support for the hypothesis that policymakers seeking to create a prosperous local economy shouldn't sweat the business tax rate too much.

State tax climate Tax Foundation shows taxes don t matter.

A new state-by-state count of multimillionaires shows that some of the highest tax states created the most millionaires. The study, from UBS and Wealth-X, ranked states by their populations of people worth $30 million or more—presumably the most mobile part of the wealth chain and the most sensitive to taxes.

California was the top producer of multimillionaires over the past year, gaining more than 1,600 people worth $30 million or more. The state also has the nation's highest tax rate—13.3 percent—for people making $1 million or more.

Do high state taxes chase out millionaires

lol

The ones who pay 30%.

No you haven't.
Prove it.

An example

I don't believe your crap, honestly.

No you haven't.
Prove it.

An example

I get it Bubba, sourced materials with links to back them up versus your opinions. Who wouldn't stick with opinions over FACTS?

No you haven't.
Prove it.

An example

I get it Bubba, sourced materials with links to back them up versus your opinions. Who wouldn't stick with opinions over FACTS?

You had a link that showed some self-employed people pay 30%? I must have missed it. Try again?

An example

You had a link that showed some self-employed people pay 30%? I must have missed it. Try again?

Fed tax burden

Small businesses in the United States pay an estimated average effective tax rate of
approximately 19.8 percent

Small business partnerships face an average effective tax rate of 23.6 percent, and small business S corporations face an average effective tax rate of 26.9 percent.

https://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/rs343tot.pdf

ReaganOnTaxes.jpg

Forum List

Back