🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Amid abortion battle, DeSantis vetoes birth-control funding – again

People fund what they find important. For the Gov of Florida it is more important for people to get a break on boating supplies than to have less abortions.

And you all agree with him. Which is fine, just quit lying about being against abortion.

You don't have to fund something to be against it.

Oh, I had kids I can't feed--go to the taxpayers.
I have kids that don't have medical coverage--go to the taxpayers.
I can't afford to buy my kid lunches in school--go to the taxpayers.
But what about breakfast and dinner?--go to the taxpayers.
I want to F around with different guys under the sheets and need to not get pregnant--go to the taxpayers.

It has less to do with priorities. It has to do with people taking some Fn responsibility in life.

You don't have to fund something to be against it.

Oh, I had kids I can't feed--go to the taxpayers.
I have kids that don't have medical coverage--go to the taxpayers.
I can't afford to buy my kid lunches in school--go to the taxpayers.
But what about breakfast and dinner?--go to the taxpayers.
I want to F around with different guys under the sheets and need to not get pregnant--go to the taxpayers.

It has less to do with priorities. It has to do with people taking some Fn responsibility in life.

hey, that is great. you care about that more than you care about babies being killed via abortions. I get it.

hey, that is great. you care about that more than you care about babies being killed via abortions. I get it.

If you're that dense to believe it, go ahead. Like I said, taxpayers shouldn't be paying for you to Fk around be it abortion or birth control. Do taxpayers pay for your night at the bar? Do taxpayers pay for your dinner at a fine restaurant? You pay for your own enjoyments in life, and if you can't afford those enjoyments, don't have them. Sorry, it's the way I was raised since a child.

If you're that dense to believe it, go ahead. Like I said, taxpayers shouldn't be paying for you to Fk around be it abortion or birth control. Do taxpayers pay for your night at the bar? Do taxpayers pay for your dinner at a fine restaurant? You pay for your own enjoyments in life, and if you can't afford those enjoyments, don't have them. Sorry, it's the way I was raised since a child.

He expects us to

I'm weary of supporting poor choices and lack of responsibility

I am glad you finally agree he was showing his priorities

If his priority is not to approve new spending without the money to pay for it ... We agree.

To ask for new spending to be added to a budget, not getting it, and then crying about priorities,
simply assumes that anyone should get whatever money they ask for because someone might think it is a good idea.

It doesn't work that way no matter how whipped up Planned Parenthood can get you over their inability to get new spending approved.
If you have trouble distinguishing how you are a pawn ... Where were you last year when the same measure was vetoed?

I guess that is supposed to identify your priorities and it wasn't important to you then ... :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
‘When Gov. Ron DeSantis slashed $3 billion from the state’s budget Thursday, one ill-fated item sounded familiar: Just as he did last year, DeSantis vetoed $2 million meant to help low-income people access long-acting birth control.

It was again Senate President Wilton Simpson, a Pasco County Republican, who included it in the $110 billion budget. Unlike last year, though, this veto landed amid a national reckoning on reproductive rights. It came weeks after a leaked Supreme Court opinion suggested the Court will overturn Roe v. Wade, and less than a month before Florida’s new 15-week abortion ban goes into effect.

Stephanie Fraim, the president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida — which includes the organization’s Tampa Bay-area clinics — questioned the rationale for the veto.

“Funding for this sensible investment in the health of our communities enjoys rare bipartisan support,” she said in an emailed statement. “And, thanks to President Biden, the Legislature was able to pass a balanced budget with plenty of money left in reserves. To take away health care from vulnerable people is just another example of his ongoing cruelty to Floridians.”’

DeSantis is not alone among Republicans capable of such cruelty.
Dumb conservatives feel that free contraception just encourages the poor to fuck. Like anyone needs encouraging.

He expects us to

I'm weary of supporting poor choices and lack of responsibility

Our dependency on government has gotten so bad we expect them to pay for our recreational activities on top of everything else. At what point do we expect government to provide us with a new car every three years to get to work in the morning, or European vacations? It will happen if we continue down this road we're on because some people are depending on government for everything else in life.

Our dependency on government has gotten so bad we expect them to pay for our recreational activities on top of everything else. At what point do we expect government to provide us with a new car every three years to get to work in the morning, or European vacations? It will happen if we continue down this road we're on because some people are depending on government for everything else in life.

I'd prefer a very small government that doesn't bleed me dry supporting losers

Dumb conservatives feel that free contraception just encourages the poor to fuck. Like anyone needs encouraging.

Where did any of us conservatives say that? Oh, that's right, you're a leftist so you make up bullshit in your head.

If we are going to have to pay taxes then they should be used for absolute necessities we all need, not for people to F around. If you can't control your urges and are too irresponsible to take precautions when you exercise those uncontrollable urges that should not be at the expense of taxpayers.

Where did any of us conservatives say that? Oh, that's right, you're a leftist so you make up bullshit in your head.

If we are going to have to pay taxes then they should be used for absolute necessities we all need, not for people to F around. If you can't control your urges and are too irresponsible to take precautions when you exercise those uncontrollable urges that should not be at the expense of taxpayers.
So you say that peoples bodies are their own business ? OK.:rolleyes:

As I said I get it. Not paying for other people's stuff is more important than the killing of babies in the womb. That is cool, it is your right to feel that way and it seems the Gov of Fla agrees with you

When the 15 year old has a baby it will be the taxpayers who foot the bill for a life time of welfare money for mother and child. It`s your money you care about, right?

‘When Gov. Ron DeSantis slashed $3 billion from the state’s budget Thursday, one ill-fated item sounded familiar: Just as he did last year, DeSantis vetoed $2 million meant to help low-income people access long-acting birth control.

It was again Senate President Wilton Simpson, a Pasco County Republican, who included it in the $110 billion budget. Unlike last year, though, this veto landed amid a national reckoning on reproductive rights. It came weeks after a leaked Supreme Court opinion suggested the Court will overturn Roe v. Wade, and less than a month before Florida’s new 15-week abortion ban goes into effect.

Stephanie Fraim, the president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida — which includes the organization’s Tampa Bay-area clinics — questioned the rationale for the veto.

“Funding for this sensible investment in the health of our communities enjoys rare bipartisan support,” she said in an emailed statement. “And, thanks to President Biden, the Legislature was able to pass a balanced budget with plenty of money left in reserves. To take away health care from vulnerable people is just another example of his ongoing cruelty to Floridians.”’

DeSantis is not alone among Republicans capable of such cruelty.
And you can see the typical liberal brain in action here... "The government should pay for everything".
Birth control is very inexpensive. Condoms are between $.60 each when purchased in 3 pacs/6 packs etc. Birth control pills are between $20 - $40 a month on average.
THEY CAN AFFORD IT.
This is nothing more than liberals using a mean sounding topic to demonize Republicans... AGAIN.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back