An advice thread

Except, someone that has the work ethic that you described most likely has a documented history of lousy work performance which is legal cause for termination so the lawsuit would be pissing up a wet rope and no lawyer would take the case. I've had employees and NEVER been taken to court for anything.
Nothing I wrote has anything to do with someone's work ethic. The employee's work history that you ASSUME, is not implied in what I posted.

How do you know that oversleeping equates to lousy work performance? What if I didn't get out of there till 10:00 the night before?

If you're late, you're late. Don't freak out about it. Show up calm and collected and be ready to go to work. Tell your boss- "sorry I overslept".

I'll get a good breakfast because there's a good chance I'm working through lunch.

If you screw up? Own it and move forward. You're human. Don't let people hold it over you.

3/4 of my working life has been managing employees or owning the company. Good bosses appreciate straightforward and honest employees, and they don't think anyone is immune from mistakes.

someone's work ethic.
Taking a half a day off because you overslept is poor work ethic. Thank you for making my point.
If you're late, you're late. Don't freak out about it. Show up calm and collected and be ready to go to work. Tell your boss- "sorry I overslept".
Walking it back? You suggested "going out for a nice breakfast" Not showing up ready to go to work and saying sorry--and your final line suggested that you would be flippant with the employer when called on it.

Don't alter your moral compass just to succeed where you have always failed (like someone we all know about in high office in the US).. unless you never had a moral compass in the first place. In which case: never mind

Forum List

Back