CDZ An Analogy Involving DC Riot and Abortion Clinic bombing.

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
Some people believe abortion is the murder of an innocent life.

Let’s suppose Bill believes abortion is murder and he uses his right to free speech to convince others that abortion is murder. Bill becomes a leader of part of a movement to make abortion illegal because he believes abortion is murder.

Bill does a number of things to “fight” against legal abortion. He encourages people to hold rallies at abortion clinics where people hand out anti-abortion pamphlets. He encourages people to carry signs to picket and protest the abortion clinics. He might even ask people to shout “baby killer” at the abortion doctors.

However, some of the people decide to take extreme measures. After all, they believe that abortion is murder, just as Bill said. So they decide to set bombs and blow up several abortion clinics. The plan is carried out. Several people are killed in the abortion clinics including abortion doctors.

Note: Bill never told or even suggested to anyone to act violently and bomb abortion clinics. Is Bill guilty of inciting the bombing of the clinics?

Likewise, since Trump never told people to attack the Capitol Building, is Trump guilty of inciting an insurrection?

I would challenge the comparison with this: position and power. An ordinary citizen and the President are not the same. And trying to claim they are obscures reality. Statements like "I'll do what my president wants me to do!" - were common in that event. I think there is a lot of grey area - but at what point is the line crossed and is that point the same for everyone regardless of position?

I'll also mention that Manson himself never murdered anyone...

MailedFistPresTrumpDaltonGATheyreNotTakingThisWhiteHouseWeAreGoingtoFIGHTlikeHELLQuoteMHProNews.jpg

You do understand that Trump did use inflammatory language and is guilty of motivating people to do his bidding.

"Is Bill guilty of inciting the bombing of the clinics?"

Nope.

". . . is Trump guilty of inciting an insurrection?"

Nope.

I would challenge the comparison with this: position and power. An ordinary citizen and the President are not the same. And trying to claim they are obscures reality. Statements like "I'll do what my president wants me to do!" - were common in that event. I think there is a lot of grey area - but at what point is the line crossed and is that point the same for everyone regardless of position?

How do you know Manson never murdered anyone, did you read that in a CNN article??

An intellectually honest and objectively thinking person understands and maybe even appreciates the legal and even the political differences between Constitutionally protected inflammatory rhetoric and the illegal / criminal incitement of violence.

Note the absence of any CRIMINAL charges against Trump, with resgards to the latter.

I agree there is a lot of grey area. I believe that many people believed the election was not fair and Trump encouraged that belief. However, Trump did not tell them to riot/storm the Capitol. People that commit crimes are responsible for their own actions.

Last edited:

Let’s suppose Bill believes abortion is murder and he uses his right to free speech to convince others that abortion is murder. Bill becomes a leader of part of a movement to make abortion illegal because he believes abortion is murder.

Bill does a number of things to “fight” against legal abortion. He encourages people to hold rallies at abortion clinics where people hand out anti-abortion pamphlets. He encourages people to carry signs to picket and protest the abortion clinics. He might even ask people to shout “baby killer” at the abortion doctors.

However, some of the people decide to take extreme measures. After all, they believe that abortion is murder, just as Bill said. So they decide to set bombs and blow up several abortion clinics. The plan is carried out. Several people are killed in the abortion clinics including abortion doctors.

Note: Bill never told or even suggested to anyone to act violently and bomb abortion clinics. Is Bill guilty of inciting the bombing of the clinics?

Likewise, since Trump never told people to attack the Capitol Building, is Trump guilty of inciting an insurrection?

Only problem is, Trump was the leader of this country, and he holds something called the "bully pulpit". I spent 20 years in the Navy, and the CO's word was generally followed as law, no matter how much they couched their language in gentle terms. If the Skipper said it, we followed it.

Only problem is, Trump was the leader of this country, and he holds something called the "bully pulpit". I spent 20 years in the Navy, and the CO's word was generally followed as law, no matter how much they couched their language in gentle terms. If the Skipper said it, we followed it.
Did Trump tell people to Storm the capitol? Yes or No

An intellectually honest and objectively thinking person understands and maybe even appreciates the legal and even the political differences between Constitutionally protected inflammatory rhetoric and the illegal / criminal incitement of violence.

Note the absence of any CRIMINAL charges against Trump, with resgards to the latter.
The impeachment is not a criminal trial.

Which means the senate (if it has the votes) can convict Trump based on politics, rather than if he really incited the riot or not.

Really?

So, you never learned anything about unlawful orders?

Which means the senate (if it has the votes) can convict Trump based on politics, rather than if he really incited the riot or not.
It is an issue of politics not criminality what made you think the impeachment was a criminal trial? The issue is that Trump incited a riot which is a political issue.

Inciting a riot to seize the U.S. Capital is a CRIMINAL offense.

True or False?

The answer is TRUE.

So, where are the CRIMINAL charges against Trump?

Why hasn't Trump been brought up on CRIMINAL charges?

MOD EDIT - THIS IS IN THE CDZ, NO FLAMING

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming that is true, it is not relevant.

Yeah it is, because if he told his followers to do it, they did it. So what if he didn't actually kill someone, he still instructed his followers to do it, so that makes him just as culpable.
Did Trump tell anyone to storm the capitol and commit acts of violence?

Yes, absolutely he did. You live in a RW Bubble!

Inciting a riot to seize the U.S. Capital is a CRIMINAL offense.

True or False?

The answer is TRUE.

So, where are the CRIMINAL charges against Trump?

Why hasn't Trump been brought up on CRIMINAL charges?

Could it be because you (lefttardz) already doubt your own fucktarded inflammatory accusations and conclusions?

Patience my friend - These things take time! ;)

Forum List

Back