An Example of How Past Government Policy Has Helped Whites Today

The biggest problem with the above is that you can choose......

Diversity...............OR.............Greatness

But you cannot have both.
What makes a nation strong is when the population is like minded and culturally unified.

When you have diversity, everyone see's equality differently and has different goals.

While I am all for equality and don't make the mistake of assuming my ethnicity, I'm also a realist.
America will never again be the greatest above all others. It's days are past and while it will indeed become more diverse,
it is impossible for it to also remain the greatest.

The enormous wealth of America will carry it for a while, but America has lost it's core work ethic and common goals.

I suspect over the next 100 years it will slowly decline into mediocrity and become the equivalent to many other nations.
Nothing special. Much more poverty and suffering than today. The "Great Transformation" that so many today dream of will become their nightmare.

Bullshit. Whites did not found or build anything by themselves. Slaves built this country. The Irish and Italians were white. They helped discriminate against non whites. Whites didn't save the world when it was whites that started the world wars. Whites have what they do because the government excluded everyone else.
Slaves did not build everything in this country.

IM2 brought up the South, so I was talking to him about what he brought up. My point stands, has nothing to do with or mine.

I done being blamed for shit that I had nothing to do with.
My father fought in WWII, he didn’t receive any special provisions either.

We are done being lectured like slow witted children. YOu have shit to say? Too bad, it is our turn. We have more shit to say and we have been waiting longer.
1595052038968.png

That does not disprove the claim that Blacks have it better in America than anyplace else. The report makes no caparison to the conditions that black people in other countries endure, or enjoy.
Bessie Coleman had to travel to paris in order to obtain her pilot's license because they wouldn't give her one in the United States. Clearly she is one person who did not have it better in America

"Bessie Coleman (January 26, 1892 – April 30, 1926)[2] was an early American civil aviator. She was the first woman of African-American descent, and also the first of Native-American descent, to hold a pilot license.[3][4][5][6] She earned her pilot license from the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale on June 15, 1921,[4][5][7] and was the first black person to earn an international pilot's license.[8]

Born to a family of sharecroppers in Texas, Coleman went into the cotton fields at a young age while also studying in a small segregated school. She went on to attend one term of college at Langston University. She developed an early interest in flying, but African Americans, Native Americans, and women had no flight training opportunities in the United States, so she saved up money and obtained sponsorships to go to France for flight school. She then became a high-profile pilot in notoriously dangerous air shows in the United States. She was popularly known as Queen Bess and Brave Bessie,[9] and she hoped to start a school for African-American fliers. Coleman died in a plane crash in 1926 while testing a new aircraft. Her pioneering role was an inspiration to early pilots and to the African-American and Native American communities.​

And most of you benefitted from it.

On June 22, 1944 President Roosevelt signed the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act, better known as the G.I. Bill. This law provided benefits for veterans returning from the second World War. Funds were paid for college tuition, low-cost home loans, and unemployment insurance. As in every other program during this time southern congressmen fought passage of these laws unless there were provisions that limited access to blacks. The G.I Bill was no different.

Democratic congressmen in the south fought against provisions of the GI Bill out of fear that returning black veterans might be able to use public support for their war effort to advocate against Jim Crow laws. Southern Democrats using the same tactics they used to make certain other policies in the New Deal helped as few Black people as possible, wanted benefits to be administered by the states. Mississippi Congressman John Rankin was the ringleader in that regard]. He and other Southern Democrats knew doing that would allow southern states to do what each state had been doing since the Civil Rights Cases. That would be states implementing policies full of loopholes and restrictions that would be enforced on blacks but not whites thereby ensuring the GI Bill would primarily benefit whites. Congress gave southern Democrats what they wanted.

Now before I have to hear you republicans sing that sad sorry lie about democrats, remember that republicans voted to give the southern democrats what they wanted. My father served in that war, he was from Louisiana and he did not get the benefits white soldiers got. This impacted my life and so when we speak about reparations, we're talking about policies like this and many others which came after slavery and do more so directly affect blacks living today.
Black veterans were a very small minority of the veterans that served in WWII. Much smaller numbers of black veterans naturally means that smaller numbers will receive GI benefits of any sort. Black veterans had the same rights to benefits as whites.
When have you ever had unequal rights?
Why should I accept blame for things I had nothing to do with and may be entirely imaginary in any case?
Pathetic whining about ancient history in an effort to get special privileges.

I started the thread son. The OP is about the GI Bill. Not slavery. But since you ran your mouth.

Whites in America have benefitted from a series of consistent affirmative action programs starting on July 4th, 1776. Yet many whites have not seen it that way. It is difficult to review the history of this country and not come to that conclusion, but that is all part of the madness. When all the laws provide for your advancement based on race from the beginning of this country, there is no sane argument to be made by whites about the unfairness of considering race as a qualification for anything. It is just that simple.

The National Housing Act was a law passed by Congress and signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1934. This law created the Federal Housing Administration or the FHA. The National Housing Act is the probably the policy that has the greatest impact on individual wealth accumulation in modern America. Unfortunately, the formation of the FHA and its guaranteed loan program only worked to increase white advantage. This law expanded the power of the federal government which helped it monitor the American economy. Many of today’s republicans complaining about how government expansion is wrong, benefitted by this government expansion.

I say this because the FHA able to create a guaranteed home loan program whereby potential home buyers could get bank loans guaranteed against default by the government. But the government had standards and most of those standards were based on racist beliefs.

Between 1934 to 1968, the FHA implemented and put into practice a policy called redlining. It began by publishing The Underwriting Manual which set the guidelines real estate agents used to assess the value and creditworthiness of different homes and neighborhoods. This manual promoted racist real estate practices by defending racially restrictive covenants and segregated communities. Due to this manual, the FHA was able to establish a neighborhood grading system based purely of false racist perceptions.

Redlining was the name of that grading system. Redlining has been well documented so there is no need for me to go into a long analysis of the policy. What I will say is that redlining was based on a premise of neighborhood decline caused by blacks that has never been proven. To this day blacks are accused of depreciating neighborhood values still without proof.

The Social Security Act of 1935 created the Social Security program, unemployment insurance administered by the states and assistance to single mothers with children. Today most Americans love the program. However, when the act was signed, the law was structured to exclude occupations that were mainly occupied by blacks. When President Roosevelt signed the law, 65 percent of blacks in America were ineligible. So for years a majority of blacks were excluded from social security savings and could not get unemployment.

The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 created the minimum wage and time and a half overtime pay for working over forty hours a week. Child labor was eliminated by this act. All these were good things but… This is the trouble with so many things in the history of America. There is always a but. Being imperfect, we all have buts and not just the ones we sit on. Yet in some cases the word but comes before critical facts that change how we see things. In this case, Roosevelt had to make a compromise with southern representatives in order to get the votes he needed. So he decided that industries where the majority of workers were black would be excluded from the regulations. Because of this, blacks were paid less than the minimum wage.

The issue goes far past slavery you dumb SOB. And we all have felt the effects of these policies.
You are entitled to equality under the law. You are not entitled to equal treatment by people except as stated by the law. People may be prejudiced against you for any number of reasons many of which have nothing to do with race. Thinking you are special because of your race and should be given tax money not available to other races makes you at least as racist as anyone from the past that you are complaining about.

IM2 brought up the South, so I was talking to him about what he brought up. My point stands, has nothing to do with or mine.

I done being blamed for shit that I had nothing to do with.
Where do you feel blamed?

zi3uk.jpg

YOur pretense that you do not know of what I speak is not credible.

I am done being blamed for shit I had nothing to do with.

Black veterans were a very small minority of the veterans that served in WWII. Much smaller numbers of black veterans naturally means that smaller numbers will receive GI benefits of any sort. Black veterans had the same rights to benefits as whites.
When have you ever had unequal rights?
Why should I accept blame for things I had nothing to do with and may be entirely imaginary in any case?
Pathetic whining about ancient history in an effort to get special privileges.
I started the thread son. The OP is about the GI Bill. Not slavery. But since you ran your mouth.

Whites in America have benefitted from a series of consistent affirmative action programs starting on July 4th, 1776. Yet many whites have not seen it that way. It is difficult to review the history of this country and not come to that conclusion, but that is all part of the madness. When all the laws provide for your advancement based on race from the beginning of this country, there is no sane argument to be made by whites about the unfairness of considering race as a qualification for anything. It is just that simple.

The National Housing Act was a law passed by Congress and signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1934. This law created the Federal Housing Administration or the FHA. The National Housing Act is the probably the policy that has the greatest impact on individual wealth accumulation in modern America. Unfortunately, the formation of the FHA and its guaranteed loan program only worked to increase white advantage. This law expanded the power of the federal government which helped it monitor the American economy. Many of today’s republicans complaining about how government expansion is wrong, benefitted by this government expansion.

I say this because the FHA able to create a guaranteed home loan program whereby potential home buyers could get bank loans guaranteed against default by the government. But the government had standards and most of those standards were based on racist beliefs.

Between 1934 to 1968, the FHA implemented and put into practice a policy called redlining. It began by publishing The Underwriting Manual which set the guidelines real estate agents used to assess the value and creditworthiness of different homes and neighborhoods. This manual promoted racist real estate practices by defending racially restrictive covenants and segregated communities. Due to this manual, the FHA was able to establish a neighborhood grading system based purely of false racist perceptions.

Redlining was the name of that grading system. Redlining has been well documented so there is no need for me to go into a long analysis of the policy. What I will say is that redlining was based on a premise of neighborhood decline caused by blacks that has never been proven. To this day blacks are accused of depreciating neighborhood values still without proof.

The Social Security Act of 1935 created the Social Security program, unemployment insurance administered by the states and assistance to single mothers with children. Today most Americans love the program. However, when the act was signed, the law was structured to exclude occupations that were mainly occupied by blacks. When President Roosevelt signed the law, 65 percent of blacks in America were ineligible. So for years a majority of blacks were excluded from social security savings and could not get unemployment.

The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 created the minimum wage and time and a half overtime pay for working over forty hours a week. Child labor was eliminated by this act. All these were good things but… This is the trouble with so many things in the history of America. There is always a but. Being imperfect, we all have buts and not just the ones we sit on. Yet in some cases the word but comes before critical facts that change how we see things. In this case, Roosevelt had to make a compromise with southern representatives in order to get the votes he needed. So he decided that industries where the majority of workers were black would be excluded from the regulations. Because of this, blacks were paid less than the minimum wage.

The issue goes far past slavery you dumb SOB. And we all have felt the effects of these policies.
You are entitled to equality under the law. You are not entitled to equal treatment by people except as stated by the law. People may be prejudiced against you for any number of reasons many of which have nothing to do with race. Thinking you are special because of your race and should be given tax money not available to other races makes you at least as racist as anyone from the past that you are complaining about.
40 Acres and a Mule Would Be at Least $6.4 Trillion Today—What the U.S. Really Owes Black America

1595065937022.png
1595066015292.png

Continued here:
40 Acres and a Mule Would Be at Least $6.4 Trillion Today—What the U.S. Really Owes Black America - Yes! Magazine

We are done being lectured like slow witted children. YOu have shit to say? Too bad, it is our turn. We have more shit to say and we have been waiting longer.
View attachment 364624

You called me names, I called you names back. You seem to think that was me being in the wrong. That is you dishing it out, and not being able to take it.

Such people in my culture, are not respected.

You don't want to talk to me? Put me on ignore. But know that all the other readers will see me as I point out the many, many flaws in your logic, and you do not even try to refute them.

Because you can't.

On June 22, 1944 President Roosevelt signed the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act, better known as the G.I. Bill. This law provided benefits for veterans returning from the second World War. Funds were paid for college tuition, low-cost home loans, and unemployment insurance. As in every other program during this time southern congressmen fought passage of these laws unless there were provisions that limited access to blacks. The G.I Bill was no different.

Democratic congressmen in the south fought against provisions of the GI Bill out of fear that returning black veterans might be able to use public support for their war effort to advocate against Jim Crow laws. Southern Democrats using the same tactics they used to make certain other policies in the New Deal helped as few Black people as possible, wanted benefits to be administered by the states. Mississippi Congressman John Rankin was the ringleader in that regard]. He and other Southern Democrats knew doing that would allow southern states to do what each state had been doing since the Civil Rights Cases. That would be states implementing policies full of loopholes and restrictions that would be enforced on blacks but not whites thereby ensuring the GI Bill would primarily benefit whites. Congress gave southern Democrats what they wanted.

Now before I have to hear you republicans sing that sad sorry lie about democrats, remember that republicans voted to give the southern democrats what they wanted. My father served in that war, he was from Louisiana and he did not get the benefits white soldiers got. This impacted my life and so when we speak about reparations, we're talking about policies like this and many others which came after slavery and do more so directly affect blacks living today.
My mother and her 3 siblings were orphans with nothing in the bank. Her 2 brothers fought in WWII and were able to buy a house in a 'desirable' neighborhood (in other words no Blacks allowed) for them all when they returned. My family used those GI benefits to lift themselves up. We lived in the North so I don't know if Black GIs got the same opportunity. I know their house appreciated in value and gave my parents a fine life and retirement and gave me a great start in life.

• Love
Reactions: IM2

My mother and her 3 siblings were orphans with nothing in the bank. Her 2 brothers fought in WWII and were able to buy a house in a 'desirable' neighborhood (in other words no Blacks allowed) for them all when they returned. My family used those GI benefits to lift themselves up. We lived in the North so I don't know if Black GIs got the same opportunity. I know their house appreciated in value and gave my parents a fine life and retirement and gave me a great start in life.

Sounds good. Nothing wrong with that. Anyone that could read that story and cry "Wacism" is just talking shit and should be shunned by good people.

Read the Title of the Thread fool

Whites founded and established the US. Go start your own country and then you can have what you want. We can't judge yesterday by today's standards, things were different back then. Deal with it, because you ain't getting squat. My ancestors not only didn't have slaves, but also had nothing to do with the GI bill, Jim Crow, or any thing else like that.

Sounds good. Nothing wrong with that. Anyone that could read that story and cry "Wacism" is just talking shit and should be shunned by good people.
I hadn't heard about Blacks being excluded from GI benefits until recently (still getting my news from Jon Stewart). The North I grew up in was just as racist as the South, the only difference was that it was not structural (as in discriminatory laws) as it was personal. You got your job from someone in your family, you lived in a good school zone because people there had more money, time, and interest in education. There were no lynchings but there were also few Blacks in my school or neighborhood. A soft form of racism we never thought about.

So now this racist pos hates the military.

You must try to remember that in your particular case, if your ancestors had not been brought to America,
You would be in a dirt hut wearing a straw diaper wiping your ass with your hand
With however the added bonus that you could walk outside your hut and not fear being gunned down by your neighbor.

Whites founded and established the US. Go start your own country and then you can have what you want. We can't judge yesterday by today's standards, things were different back then. Deal with it, because you ain't getting squat. My ancestors not only didn't have slaves, but also had nothing to do with the GI bill, Jim Crow, or any thing else like that.
Shut the fuck up. I will judge yesterday by the standards written in the Declaration of Independence and Constitution. Whites didn't found shit. And your ancestors benefitted from Jim Crow and every discriminatory policy this nation produced.

I hadn't heard about Blacks being excluded from GI benefits until recently (still getting my news from Jon Stewart). The North I grew up in was just as racist as the South, the only difference was that it was not structural (as in discriminatory laws) as it was personal. You got your job from someone in your family, you lived in a good school zone because people there had more money, time, and interest in education. There were no lynchings but there were also few Blacks in my school or neighborhood. A soft form of racism we never thought about.
Actually there were lynchings in the north but I am not going to argue with you about that because you aren't making excuses to deny what's happening or posting retard ass posts about huts. Thank you.

This thread is about special treatment whites have been given by the government. You pay tax money to Native Americans annually. We payed Jews reparations for WW2 and we did nothing to them. Asians got reparations. It is apparent than you have not studied the issue of reparations.

Shut the fuck up. I will judge yesterday by the standards written in the Declaration of Independence and Constitution. Whites didn't found shit. And your ancestors benefitted from Jim Crow and every discriminatory policy this nation produced.
Bullspit! Past racism doesn't doesn't justify your present racism. Becoming racist puts the lie to your claim to be against it.

Forum List

Back