An Honest Discussion of White Privilege, by Two White Guys

If you step outside of this orthodoxy like Cosby...you are called an Uncle Tom or worse. You are excommunicated from the black race by other blacks. The entire thing is tragic and sad....but I don't see it changing.

Not really. What do you know about the black community? When was the last time you had a real conversation...face to face with a group of black people. You would be absolutely surprised what blacks actually think. Your impression of blacks is what you see on the boob tube and is not reality. (My guess).

Fallacious argument that has null meaning. Americans, white and black are intimately familiar with the other. After all, we've lived together for over 400 years.

I disagree. You make some pretty big generalizations there and as a black person, I say you are absolutely wrong. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the crew might want to excommunicate an Uncle Tom...but THEY DO NOT REPRESENT ALL BLACKS. NOT EVEN A MAJORITY.

How many black people do you know, intimately (as you put it)? How many blacks have you broken bread with, attended church with, went to a ball game with, had a beer or two with?

Last edited:
I don't think that it's fair to say ALL white people have a "white privilege". I have seen many times where it was actually the other way around. I've seen many cases where a minority was let off the hook or promoted simply because of their skin color. Again, I won't say ALL, because that is not the case for everybody.

Funny,

MLK called for a colorblind society. Personally, I think he was right. To me virtually no one who is black wants a colorblind society today. In fact, just the opposite. It is only about skin color. Again it is both tragic and sad. :(

These two guys get it...

Particularly the guest, who helped the host, David Pakman, to articulate the situation more effectively.

To those who wish to respond, please watch the video first, it's about 8 minutes and change long.

Oh well I'm convinced.

I hate white people too, now....

It is a classic self-fulfilling, fallback position as any lack of achievement by a non-white group can be immediately classed as 'white privilege'.

It is a classic self-fulfilling, fallback position of any lack of achievement by a male white group can be immediately be classed as "affirmative action". :D

All the more reason to abolish it immediately, then.
That way no evil white people could use it as an excuse for their failure.

Abolish it tomorrow... people can only advance based on their qualification for the position in question.
What do you say?

Not really. What do you know about the black community? When was the last time you had a real conversation...face to face with a group of black people. You would be absolutely surprised what blacks actually think. Your impression of blacks is what you see on the boob tube and is not reality. (My guess).

Fallacious argument that has null meaning. Americans, white and black are intimately familiar with the other. After all, we've lived together for over 400 years.

I disagree. You make some pretty big generalizations there and as a black person, I say you are absolutely wrong. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the crew might want to excommunicate an Uncle Tom...but THEY DO NOT REPRESENT ALL BLACKS. NOT EVEN A MAJORITY.

Who said anything about Sharpton or Jackson? That was you bud, I don't listen to damn thing either one of them say.

****EDIT***

To your second question...many. And most say the same stupid shit that has been posted in this thread. Eg. "English ain't my language"....."Uncle Charlie always been against the black man"....."White folks don't know shit about us,"........."Egypt was all black...the white man just won't admit it,"......."You fuck around on your woman?....."You ain't a real man unless you fuck around on your woman."

I could give you 50 more....but I'm sure you've heard it all before.

Last edited:

Who said anything about Sharpton or Jackson? That was you bud, I don't listen to damn thing either one of them say.

But you seem to think all blacks think like them and want to excommunicate Bill Cosby et al.

How many black people do you know, intimately (as you put it)? How many blacks have you broken bread with, attended church with, went to a ball game with, had a beer or two with?

I don't think that it's fair to say ALL white people have a "white privilege". I have seen many times where it was actually the other way around. I've seen many cases where a minority was let off the hook or promoted simply because of their skin color. Again, I won't say ALL, because that is not the case for everybody.

Funny,

MLK called for a colorblind society. Personally, I think he was right. To me virtually no one who is black wants a colorblind society today. In fact, just the opposite. It is only about skin color. Again it is both tragic and sad. :(

And again, you are wrong.

Funny,

No I'm not. Evaluating people "by the content of their character, not by the color of their skin," is precisely colorblind. How could it not be?

Funny,

Actually he didn't call for a color blind society. If you are going to attribute something to someone else at least get it right. If you don't see me as being black you cant appreciate what I bring to the table or understand me.

But you seem to think all blacks think like them and want to excommunicate Bill Cosby et al.

Where are you getting this shit? Who said all black people think like Sharpton or Jesse? Come on man....stay in reality. :cuckoo:

Funny,

No I'm not. Evaluating people "by the content of their character, not by the color of their skin," is precisely colorblind. How could it not be?

Your character is your character. Your color is your color. They are 2 different words for a reason. If you judge me by my character you dont use color in your evaluation stupid.

Funny,

Actually he didn't call for a color blind society. If you are going to attribute something to someone else at least get it right. If you don't see me as being black you cant appreciate what I bring to the table or understand me.

I evaluate people by the content of their character. I don't give a shit about your skin color.

Your character is your character. Your color is your color. They are 2 different words for a reason. If you judge me by my character you dont use color in your evaluation stupid.

What does your color have to do with your character? I've known black racists like you and white racists like you. The color of peoples skin doesn't force them to be racists they do on their own.

Last edited:

So then, without racism, you are nothing?

What does your color have to do with your character?

Not a damn thing unless you're a bigot or racist.

What does your color have to do with your character?

Not a damn thing unless you're a bigot or racist.

Yeah that that's what MLK's main point was. Judge people not by the color of their skin, but by their character. Funny how Asclepias judges not by character but by color. Ok not funny... just sad.

Funny,

I evaluate people by the content of their character. I don't give a shit about your skin color.

It would take you years to evaluate someone by their character. Most people dont go around telling you what their character is like. Since color is the first thing you see, you are deluding yourself that you are color blind. Give me a break.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Live it, learn it. Find some character and stop hiding behind skin color.

I'm superior to most of you not because of the color of my skin, but because of my sheer awesomeness. If you're troubled by that, feel free to go fuck yourself

Forum List

Back