An indicator that liberals can't twist

Consumer confidence at an 18 year high
This means unless the GOP ROYALLY SCREWS UP CLEAN PATH TO MAINTAINING CONGRESSIONAL CONTROL
https://www.nasdaq.com/article/consumer-confidence-jumps-to-18-year-high-etfs-to-watch-cm972510

Does this mean Trump's policies are a success?
Does it? All I know is that people vote with their wallet if consumer confidence stay's at this level or goes higher by November 2018 lookout say goodbye to that blue wave lol

So Trump had nothing to do with it….
Killing obama's economy killing regulations had a lot to do with it.

One would wonder why…over the 8 years that Obama was in office, the Stock Market climbed 149%. One would conclude that the eight year examination of the market is a solid indicator. One would also conclude that if the regulations were detrimental to the economy….the growth would have not been so robust.

Additionally, the “killing of the regulations” hasn’t done much for the market in 2018; the market was actually down for most of the year; currently it is up under 100 points so the regulations not being there are not doing much.

24,922 on 12/31/17
25,019 on 7/13/18
Wall Street plays the market main street does not why wasn't confidence levels this high?

This means unless the GOP ROYALLY SCREWS UP CLEAN PATH TO MAINTAINING CONGRESSIONAL CONTROL
https://www.nasdaq.com/article/consumer-confidence-jumps-to-18-year-high-etfs-to-watch-cm972510

What's the Deficit?

Simple... Daddy remortgaged the house to bring the kids to Disneyland... Kids are very happy....

Remember how you were in hyperbolic meltdown over that with W, you didn't give a shit about it under Obama, and now you're in hyperbolic meltdown over it with Trump again?

I'm thinking there may be some sort of pattern there. I'm trying to figure out what it could be ...

It’s simply this: 1. You spend during a recession and cut during a boom; and 2. Don’t spend without a means to pay for the program.

W created Medicare Part D without paying for it. He created the Department of Homeland Security, without paying for it. And he started two major wars, without paying for them. So while W took over a balanced budget, he left with the largest deficit in history and the economy in freefall.

Obama took over that deficit and Bush’s unfounded wars as the economy was shedding 500,000 jobs a month in the worst recession since the Great Depression. The US was still involved in two unfunded wars, Medicare Part D was the law of the land, and revenues were falling through the floor.

At such times, increasing taxes would worsen the recession, as would cutting spending. An increase in deficit spending is required to “prime the pump of the recovery”. It was either that or watch the entire auto industry fail with the concurrent loss of jobs, together with the some of the largest financial institutions in the country going under, the economy could not have survived.

Through the final 6 years of his Presidency, Obama cut spending and reduced the deficit such that it was below one billion dollars when he left office.

Blessed with taking over a boom economy, Trump has set about to wreck it by deficit spending in a boom, going on a massive jobs stimulus program with full employment, and incurring the largest deficits in history to do so.

I have no issues with tax cuts in a balanced budget. But tax cuts on the credit card for billionaires who are awash in cash makes no fiscal sense at all.

Stimulating growth in a time of the greatest sustained growth in American history, when millions of jobs are going unfilled, makes no sense at all.

Doing so with deficit spending risks plunging the economy into a permanent recession as interest rates rise and a larger and larger portion of the budget is devoted to interest on the debt.
Who controlled congress?

When

Republicans control the White House and the Democrats congress, it's the Republicans fault
Democrats control the White House and the Republicans congress, it's the Republicans fault
Republicans control the White House and the Republicans congress, it's the Republicans fault
Democrats control the White House and the Democrats congress, it's the Republicans fault

Mrs. Mao, our site Chinese communist, takes pride in her consistency

I hope that high consumer confidence helps the GOP to keep control of the House. There are so many economic indicators that are showing positive signs that it's amazing that so many liberals still deny it.
It's all because of TDS THEY'VE GONE AS FAR AS HOPING THE ECONOMY CRASH'S

What's the Deficit?

Simple... Daddy remortgaged the house to bring the kids to Disneyland... Kids are very happy....

Remember how you were in hyperbolic meltdown over that with W, you didn't give a shit about it under Obama, and now you're in hyperbolic meltdown over it with Trump again?

I'm thinking there may be some sort of pattern there. I'm trying to figure out what it could be ...

It’s simply this: 1. You spend during a recession and cut during a boom; and 2. Don’t spend without a means to pay for the program.

W created Medicare Part D without paying for it. He created the Department of Homeland Security, without paying for it. And he started two major wars, without paying for them. So while W took over a balanced budget, he left with the largest deficit in history and the economy in freefall.

Obama took over that deficit and Bush’s unfounded wars as the economy was shedding 500,000 jobs a month in the worst recession since the Great Depression. The US was still involved in two unfunded wars, Medicare Part D was the law of the land, and revenues were falling through the floor.

At such times, increasing taxes would worsen the recession, as would cutting spending. An increase in deficit spending is required to “prime the pump of the recovery”. It was either that or watch the entire auto industry fail with the concurrent loss of jobs, together with the some of the largest financial institutions in the country going under, the economy could not have survived.

Through the final 6 years of his Presidency, Obama cut spending and reduced the deficit such that it was below one billion dollars when he left office.

Blessed with taking over a boom economy, Trump has set about to wreck it by deficit spending in a boom, going on a massive jobs stimulus program with full employment, and incurring the largest deficits in history to do so.

I have no issues with tax cuts in a balanced budget. But tax cuts on the credit card for billionaires who are awash in cash makes no fiscal sense at all.

Stimulating growth in a time of the greatest sustained growth in American history, when millions of jobs are going unfilled, makes no sense at all.

Doing so with deficit spending risks plunging the economy into a permanent recession as interest rates rise and a larger and larger portion of the budget is devoted to interest on the debt.
Who controlled congress?

When

Republicans control the White House and the Democrats congress, it's the Republicans fault
Democrats control the White House and the Republicans congress, it's the Republicans fault
Republicans control the White House and the Republicans congress, it's the Republicans fault
Democrats control the White House and the Democrats congress, it's the Republicans fault

Mrs. Mao, our site Chinese communist, takes pride in her consistency
you have me at a disadvantage Sir I cannot argue against those types of facts.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Does this mean Trump's policies are a success?
Does it? All I know is that people vote with their wallet if consumer confidence stay's at this level or goes higher by November 2018 lookout say goodbye to that blue wave lol

So Trump had nothing to do with it….
Killing obama's economy killing regulations had a lot to do with it.

One would wonder why…over the 8 years that Obama was in office, the Stock Market climbed 149%. One would conclude that the eight year examination of the market is a solid indicator. One would also conclude that if the regulations were detrimental to the economy….the growth would have not been so robust.

Additionally, the “killing of the regulations” hasn’t done much for the market in 2018; the market was actually down for most of the year; currently it is up under 100 points so the regulations not being there are not doing much.

24,922 on 12/31/17
25,019 on 7/13/18
Wall Street plays the market main street does not why wasn't confidence levels this high?

The Market was 19,827.25 when Trump took office. That's why she cut out the first year of his Presidency. Stupid leftist tricks.

After a big gain, the market was flat for six months. For those of us who have worked on Wall Street, that's a big old yawn.

So according to Candy Corn, Obama was eight years.

She's comparing that to six out of 18 months of Trump's Presidency

"If I don't like it, it's fake news. If I like it, it's not fake news".
Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Shrugs the Consumer confidence has always been a good indicator.especilly when the level of confidence points to the level of confidence I have. That's what is so screwed up with liberals they cannot connect with the general public they are out of touch.

A good indicator of what? Consumer confidence doesn’t create jobs or investment. It may help with spending. If you tell someone who’s 150 lbs. overweight and who has a heart condition that they’re in great shape, they may have confidence and tell you they feel great but it’s not going to stop the heart attack that’s sure to follow.

Trumps lack of sound economic policies are going to very quickly catch up with the real economy.

Doubling down on deficit spending and debt during a boom economy is a recipe for disaster.
/-----/ "Doubling down on deficit spending and debt during a boom economy is a recipe for disaster."
That would be the Congress not the president, Tinkerbell.

I could’ve swore that Trump signed that spending bill

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Shrugs the Consumer confidence has always been a good indicator.especilly when the level of confidence points to the level of confidence I have. That's what is so screwed up with liberals they cannot connect with the general public they are out of touch.

A good indicator of what? Consumer confidence doesn’t create jobs or investment. It may help with spending. If you tell someone who’s 150 lbs. overweight and who has a heart condition that they’re in great shape, they may have confidence and tell you they feel great but it’s not going to stop the heart attack that’s sure to follow.

Trumps lack of sound economic policies are going to very quickly catch up with the real economy.

Doubling down on deficit spending and debt during a boom economy is a recipe for disaster.
/-----/ "Doubling down on deficit spending and debt during a boom economy is a recipe for disaster."

because the democrats held the military hostage
Run on that

Run on that

If you’re pulling your troops out of Europe and Korea and reducing your military presence abroad, why to you need to increase military spending?

Run on that
We have a military larger than the next eight countries combined

How is that being held hostage?

Interesting that the last time the consumer confidence was close to this high was 2006.
Seems perhaps their confidence was misplaced

Run on that

If you’re pulling your troops out of Europe and Korea and reducing your military presence abroad, why to you need to increase military spending?
Trump screams about other countries taking more of a burden and then wants a bigger military

Run on that

replaced out of date equipment obama did gut the military

Run on that

Trump screams about other countries taking more of a burden and then wants a bigger military
No just replacing out of date equipment

Run on that

Obama kept the same budget until Congress forced the sequester

We have pulled from Iraq and Afghanistan, instituted a BRAC and have no real military threats

We should be spending LESS on our military

Run on that

We have pulled from Iraq and Afghanistan, instituted a BRAC and have no real military threats

lol right you act as if no one was alive during the obama years
Fine stop pushing for a war with Russia.

Run on that

lol right you act as if no one was alive during the obama years
Fine stop pushing for a war with Russia.

We keep falling for the same, lame, fear mongering
The international threat is not there

Run on that

This has been my contention since Trump first started whining about the NATO Allies “taking advantage” and making the US pay too much.

The rest of us aren’t forcing the US to spend 20% of its budget on the military. This is a choice that Americans have made. In fact, every time a Republican is in power, the first thing they do is increase the military budget. Right wingers are forever clamouring to increase military spending.

If you have no threats, if you’re not under attack, why do you need over 1.3 million soldiers? In the past 150 years, only one foreign government has ever attacked you on your home soil.

The USA is now the world’s prime exporter of weapons of mass destruction. Trump’s tirades against NATO allies are designed to get them to buy American weapons and thereby boost exports.

Canada has been trying to get out of the F35 purchase contract since the price went totally out of control.

Forum List

Back