An interesting read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conservatives don't like leftists very much, that's the truth. But you don't speak for 'Ordinary America'. Your spin is anecdotal, nothing more.

What do you expect it to be? I can't read minds, and your little anecdotal buzzword bingo is of no help. We stereotype way too much in this country these days, but stereotypes do usually have a grain of truth to them. Both political parties are guilty of ignorance and racism, but homophobia is a trait mostly seen coming from the right. People trashing Hollywood/Silicon Valley? Mostly comes from the politically right wing. Muslim-haters are very likely going to be conservatives.

Oh, bullshit. They have an agenda just like the Democrats.

Language like 'coastal elites' outs you as a partisan. I'm sick of partisan hacks. You offer nothing new to the conversation.

That remains to be seen. I don't give a shit what people think of me, much less what either corrupt political party thinks of me, and vice versa. It's called self reliance. None of us has any certainty about how this shit show of an administration is going to pan out. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

So, perhaps don't start sucking each others dicks just yet.

I AM an average American voter who is concerned about the economy and jobs, illegal immigration, having to pay more and more taxes to a wasteful and corrupt government entity, etc. These are things that the AVERAGE American voter are concerned with, not whining about transgenders bathroom privileges, gay marriage and abortion! Your social justice issues are considered to be fringe issues for the average American voter who isn't really all that concerned about those types of things.

I haven't spoken to any 'social justice issues', so what are you talking about? Again, you don't speak for 'Ordinary America'. Just a small cadre of the like minded.

I'm talking about the dem party in general. So what are the issues that I, as an average American person, should vote democrat on?

I'm supposed to tell you how to vote now? You can't do this for yourself?

The article is talking about the democrat party is becoming more and more out of touch with the concerns of the average American.

It's pure partisan hyperbole. You're supplanting 'Average American' with your own agenda again. you make it literally impossible to have an objective discussion. Yes, the right is super pissed that the left have gone too far with their identity politics 'equality' nonsense. The left is super pissed at the right because while they talk a good 'equality through meritocracy' game, their actions state the exact opposite. I get that. But, that's basically it. Beyond these stupid polarizing dynamics, each side's core agendas have been basically unchanged for decades. You're trying to do a 'Politics for Dummies' and failing time and time again because you aren't objective. You're not fooling anybody and It doesn't add anything educational or insightful to the current political discussion, IMO. Thus, I can only surmise your reason for starting this thread is simply to gloat. How pathetically predictable.

You seem to be in disagreement with the article, so I am asking you, (me being the average American voter concerned about average American things), what positions do the democrats hold on any issues that would make me vote for them?

^^ I addressed this above, and again, I'm not going to tell you how to vote! You pretend to lean moderate, but it's fairly clear you're not. Your self professed commentary aligns with the right. So think for yourself, for fucks sake and vote accordingly. The whole premise of this thread is dumb. 'Ordinary Americans' is a subjective term.

I AM an average American voter who is concerned about the economy and jobs, illegal immigration, having to pay more and more taxes to a wasteful and corrupt government entity, etc. These are things that the AVERAGE American voter are concerned with, not whining about transgenders bathroom privileges, gay marriage and abortion! Your social justice issues are considered to be fringe issues for the average American voter who isn't really all that concerned about those types of things.

I haven't spoken to any 'social justice issues', so what are you talking about? Again, you don't speak for 'Ordinary America'. Just a small cadre of the like minded.

I'm talking about the dem party in general. So what are the issues that I, as an average American person, should vote democrat on?

The article is talking about the democrat party is becoming more and more out of touch with the concerns of the average American.

It's pure partisan hyperbole. You're supplanting 'Average American' with your own agenda again. you make it literally impossible to have an objective discussion. Yes, the right is super pissed that the left have gone too far with their identity politics 'equality' nonsense. The left is super pissed at the right because while they talk a good 'equality through meritocracy' game, their actions state the exact opposite. I get that. But, that's basically it. Beyond these stupid polarizing dynamics, each side's core agendas have been basically unchanged for decades. You're trying to do a 'Politics for Dummies' and failing time and time again because you aren't objective. You're not fooling anybody and It doesn't add anything educational or insightful to the current political discussion, IMO. Thus, I can only surmise your reason for starting this thread is simply to gloat. How pathetically predictable.

You seem to be in disagreement with the article, so I am asking you, (me being the average American voter concerned about average American things), what positions do the democrats hold on any issues that would make me vote for them?

^^ I addressed this above, and again, I'm not going to tell you how to vote! You pretend to lean moderate, but it's fairly clear you're not. Your self professed commentary aligns with the right. So think for yourself, for fucks sake and vote accordingly. The whole premise of this thread is dumb. 'Ordinary Americans' is a subjective term.

I'm sorry, the leftists seem much more concerned over social justice than the everyday issues that everyday Americans face. You have YET to name even ONE reason why an average American would support a democrat candidate.

Ordinary Americans means what is commonplace and standard for Americans. A simple concept, or maybe not for a leftist. :D Lol.

All of those excuses fail to get to the crux of why the left keeps losing. Ordinary Americans simply don't like leftists very much.

Conservatives don't like leftists very much, that's the truth. But you don't speak for 'Ordinary America'. Your spin is anecdotal, nothing more.

And when Hollywood and Silicon Valley unite to tell them they are stupid, are ignorant, are racist, are homophobic, hate Muslims, and shouldn't love America so much, what do they expect the reaction from ordinary people will be?

What do you expect it to be? I can't read minds, and your little anecdotal buzzword bingo is of no help. We stereotype way too much in this country these days, but stereotypes do usually have a grain of truth to them. Both political parties are guilty of ignorance and racism, but homophobia is a trait mostly seen coming from the right. People trashing Hollywood/Silicon Valley? Mostly comes from the politically right wing. Muslim-haters are very likely going to be conservatives.

Republicans are not representatives of the people any more than Democrats are. But they speak the language of the ordinary voter and usually don't put them down.

Oh, bullshit. They have an agenda just like the Democrats.

The coastal elites who run the Democratic Party and liberal establishment cannot disguise their contempt for ordinary Americans. In Georgia's 6th District, that smug, self-righteous sense of superiority played about as well as one might expect.

Language like 'coastal elites' outs you as a partisan. I'm sick of partisan hacks. You offer nothing new to the conversation.

Until the Democrats can learn to mask their hatred of the hoi polloi, ordinary people will hate them more than they hate Trump and the Republicans.

That remains to be seen. I don't give a shit what people think of me, much less what either corrupt political party thinks of me, and vice versa. It's called self reliance. None of us has any certainty about how this shit show of an administration is going to pan out. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

So, perhaps don't start sucking each others dicks just yet.

The same "small cadre" that took over leadership of Congress, the Senate, the White House and 2/3 of the Governorships of the US? Nah, you have nothing to worry about. :21:

I really don't, but feel free to keep your circle jerk going. I have no part of any of it. Keep laughing, dip shit.

I don't pretend to lean moderate. No idea where that came from. I'm a centrist and that is not a moderate.

Leftists have to resort to false accusations when all else fails obviously. First, they tried to say I was a religious person, and now they are trying to say I'm a moderate. Don't label me, fuckers. :D

Anyways, as far as the article goes, it is spot on for me. I really dislike leftists a heck of a lot, to put it nicely. :D They just come across as pompous arrogant little wussbags, you know?

I'm sorry, the leftists seem much more concerned over social justice than the everyday issues that everyday Americans face.

Yeah, you basically just repeated a point I already made. You're a superstar.

You have YET to name even ONE reason why an average American would support a democrat candidate.

Ordinary Americans means what is commonplace and standard for Americans. A simple concept, or maybe not for a leftist. :D Lol.

You mean a subjective concept. I could give you all sorts of 'reasons', but you don't require any objectivity for your set-in-stone partisanship. Why would an 'Average American' support a republican candidate?

I don't pretend to lean moderate. No idea where that came from. I'm a centrist and that is not a moderate.

Centrist is basically a moderate. You are a right-winger. Embrace it!

I'm sorry, the leftists seem much more concerned over social justice than the everyday issues that everyday Americans face.

You have YET to name even ONE reason why an average American would support a democrat candidate.

You mean a subjective concept. I could give you all sorts of 'reasons', but you don't require any objectivity for your set-in-stone partisanship. Why would an 'Average American' support a republican candidate?

So then you agree with the article. Just trying to figure out what exactly it is you are arguing about here.

No, words have meanings. Look up the definition of ordinary.

Oh really? How so? Lots of people who are not right wingers voted for Trump and hate Hillary and hate leftists. Libertarians for one. :D Centrists for another. Moderates for another. Most people actually. You are a bunch of windbags is all.

Leftists have to resort to false accusations when all else fails obviously. First, they tried to say I was a religious person, and now they are trying to say I'm a moderate. Don't label me, fuckers. :D

Okay, right-winger.

I can make a list right now of issues where I fall in the center. Besides that, who is a partisan hack trying to call a partisan hack? ROFL. You are a clown.

So then you agree with the article. Just trying to figure out what exactly it is you are arguing about here.

I'm calling you out. You're just another dime-a-dozen partisan hack who makes threads on a message board filled with a majority of like minded hacks to gloat. You're labelled. Am I incorrect?

Oh really? How so? Lots of people who are not right wingers voted for Trump and hate Hillary and hate leftists. Libertarians for one. :D Centrists for another. Moderates for another. Most people actually. You are a bunch of windbags is all.

I can't stand most leftist issues. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I'm calling you out. You're just another dime-a-dozen partisan hack who makes threads on a message board filled with a majority of like minded hacks to gloat. You're labelled. Am I incorrect?

How so? Because you didn't like the article or because I don't like leftists? Sorry, a lot of people just don't like you. It's because you are a nasty windbag. :D I hardly ever make threads. Are you as ugly on the outside as you are on the inside?

Here is an interesting article. I absolutely agree with just about everything in it. Will the dems ever learn from their mistakes? If you were to go by the general attitude around this forum, then NOPE.

Some people hate Trump. More people hate liberals.

All of those excuses fail to get to the crux of why the left keeps losing. Ordinary Americans simply don't like leftists very much. And when Hollywood and Silicon Valley unite to tell them they are stupid, are ignorant, are racist, are homophobic, hate Muslims, and shouldn't love America so much, what do they expect the reaction from ordinary people will be?

Republicans are not representatives of the people any more than Democrats are. But they speak the language of the ordinary voter and usually don't put them down. The coastal elites who run the Democratic Party and liberal establishment cannot disguise their contempt for ordinary Americans. In Georgia's 6th District, that smug, self-righteous sense of superiority played about as well as one might expect.

Until the Democrats can learn to mask their hatred of the hoi polloi, ordinary people will hate them more than they hate Trump and the Republicans.
You are aware that HIllary won the popular vote right?
Actually she did not shit for brains

Donald J. Trump Republican 62,980,160
Hillary R. Clinton Democratic 65,845,063
Gary Johnson Libertarian 4,488,931
Jill Stein Green 1,457,050

More people voted conservative/libertarian than progressive.

Okay, right-winger.

I can make a list right now of issues where I fall in the center. Besides that, who is a partisan hack trying to call a partisan hack? ROFL. You are a clown.

Lol. Good one, hack. You really told me. :21:

Okay, right-winger.

Lol. Good one, hack. You really told me. :21:

What was a good one? I'm just stating the facts. One of the facts is that you are obviously a clown. :D Well, maybe you are just a really bad and stupid troll? Not sure.

How so? Because you didn't like the article or because I don't like leftists? Sorry, a lot of people just don't like you. It's because you are a nasty windbag. :D I hardly ever make threads. Are you as ugly on the outside as you are on the inside?

Uglier. But not even in your league on my worst day, hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back