Analyzing A Practical Minimum Wage

Here's the answer:

-Base Federal tax on corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 400 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Let's take a clear-cut example. Would you be okay with your tax dollars paying for the health care of AIDS victims who contracted the disease through irresponsible sex?
How is that the same thing? But no, I wouldn't want to pay for their very expensive care.
It's the same dynamic. You're justifying drug testing welfare recipients because you don't want "your tax dollars" supporting their bad habits. Would you also support limits on state-subsidized health care for people who are irresponsible with their health?
Even if you wouldn't, lots of other conservatives are making this kind of argument.

[
Not all teens need a living wage. Mine certainly don't. Not all spouses getting a second job need a living wage, one of my employees takes seasonal jobs at Christmas and in the summer and she makes $50K with company-paid health insurance working for us.

The problem with mandating that all jobs must pay a living wage is that it there are too many jobs that don't provide enough value to the business to justify that pay. Those jobs cease to exist when the minimum wage exceeds the value. That doesn't help those at the bottom at all.

Because all or part of their living expenses are subsidized by you?

Yes.

What value do you set for an employee that makes you all of your money?

False premise, my employees do not make me "all" of the money. The activities of my wife and I make most of the money. We can do their jobs, they can't do ours. Plus, we take all the risk. I pay my employees based on the skills they have that they use on the job, the cost to replace them, longevity and experience that makes them more efficient, and bonuses based on the overall performance of the company.

Sociopath? That's interesting. I've noticed a trend when disagreeing with someone who can't back up his claims, he tends to accuse the opposing party of a mental illness.

You make a huge profit off of lower paid workers, you just outsource them so you can claim something different. How much do the people cleaning your offices make? How much do your landscapers make? How much do the maintenance workers make?

It's not $49K plus benefits that's for sure, but since you pay vendors for those tasks you get to think you are somehow better.

Your lacking a sense of moral responsibility and/or social conscience cements my accusations of sociopath.

Your dime-store psychology quips cement my opinion of your ignorance and ability to be full of shit.

I don't outsource. You can't control quality control outsourcing.

There is only one office. The Husband and Wife team company that was hired to clean the office make far more than $23.50/hr.

I don't hire landscapers, the building owner does.

Maintenance of equipment is done by mobile services, Ford/Hertz.

The lowest paid employee makes $49K/yr plus employer paid benefits.

You do outsource. You don't directly employ the janitors, landscapers, building maintenance crews, or equipment maintenance crews. You pay vendors. The janitors might be a husband/wife team directly paid by you, but they are a contracted vendor not direct employees.

Your phone systems are outsourced. Your IT systems are outsourced. Your insurance is outsourced. Your equipment is outsourced.

There's nothing wrong with any of that, but I'm not the one making a moral judgement about worker pay. That's you, while claiming that you don't underpay people. You do every time you buy a computer that wasn't manufactured here in a union facility.

Here's the answer:

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 400 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

Price controls and zero incentive for R&D is a path to prosperity?

HA!

How much do you pay for groceries?

Not much, I mostly eat out.

Well, how much do you pay for clothes?

Not to presume too much, but if you're sane, you look for bargains. You try to get the best quality for the least cost. Business owners are no different. They try to get the best quality labor for the lowest wages. That doesn't make them immoral any more than you shopping for good deals makes you immoral. In fact, it's wrong to make such a thing illegal.

Because all or part of their living expenses are subsidized by you?

Yes.[/QUOTE]

Without the subsidy your kids would need a higher living wage.

False premise, my employees do not make me "all" of the money. The activities of my wife and I make most of the money. We can do their jobs, they can't do ours. Plus, we take all the risk. I pay my employees based on the skills they have that they use on the job, the cost to replace them, longevity and experience that makes them more efficient, and bonuses based on the overall performance of the company.

You and your wife receive a paycheck. So your employees make all of the money.

Sociopath? That's interesting. I've noticed a trend when disagreeing with someone who can't back up his claims, he tends to accuse the opposing party of a mental illness.

You make a huge profit off of lower paid workers, you just outsource them so you can claim something different. How much do the people cleaning your offices make? How much do your landscapers make? How much do the maintenance workers make?

It's not $49K plus benefits that's for sure, but since you pay vendors for those tasks you get to think you are somehow better.

Your lacking a sense of moral responsibility and/or social conscience cements my accusations of sociopath.

Your dime-store psychology quips cement my opinion of your ignorance and ability to be full of shit.

I don't outsource. You can't control quality control outsourcing.

There is only one office. The Husband and Wife team company that was hired to clean the office make far more than $23.50/hr.

I don't hire landscapers, the building owner does.

Maintenance of equipment is done by mobile services, Ford/Hertz.

The lowest paid employee makes $49K/yr plus employer paid benefits.

You do outsource. You don't directly employ the janitors, landscapers, building maintenance crews, or equipment maintenance crews. You pay vendors. The janitors might be a husband/wife team directly paid by you, but they are a contracted vendor not direct employees.

Your phone systems are outsourced. Your IT systems are outsourced. Your insurance is outsourced. Your equipment is outsourced.

There's nothing wrong with any of that, but I'm not the one making a moral judgement about worker pay. That's you, while claiming that you don't underpay people. You do every time you buy a computer that wasn't manufactured here in a union facility.

I see I hit too close to home, psych wise.

The question was; Do I outsource my employees. The answer is no.

Here's the answer:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Price controls and zero incentive for R&D is a path to prosperity?

HA!

We have to have price controls to level cost vs. wages.

Incentive for R&D shouldn't be taxpayer based.

Here's the answer:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

SIEG HEIL (sound of heels clicking)!

Well, how much do you pay for clothes?

Not to presume too much, but if you're sane, you look for bargains. You try to get the best quality for the least cost. Business owners are no different. They try to get the best quality labor for the lowest wages. That doesn't make them immoral any more than you shopping for good deals makes you immoral. In fact, it's wrong to make such a thing illegal.

My clothes are mostly custom made.

I don't look for bargains, I buy and hire quality. That's why I'm number one.

Churches nor corporations should be taxed for they are equal in the eyes of conservatives.

1% is total illiterate liberal . Corporate tax is passed on to us in higher prices. We pay the corporate tax only 1% is too stupid to know it.

Lowering the cost of employees and taxes to 30% of gross isn't good?

dear whats good is the free market because it is an expression of exactly what the participants want, not what lib Nazis in govt want or think is best?

1% is total illiterate liberal . Corporate tax is passed on to us in higher prices. We pay the corporate tax only 1% is too stupid to know it.

Lowering the cost of employees and taxes to 30% of gross isn't good?

dear whats good is the free market because it is an expression of exactly what the participants want, not what lib Nazis in govt want or think is best?

If you Work for a Living, do NOT trust ANY politician who espouses a belief in Free Trade, Free Markets, or an Invisible Hand. NONE of those exist, and that politician is NOT your friend.

Churches nor corporations should be taxed for they are equal in the eyes of conservatives.

And once we get past your silliness the fact remains that corp taxes are part of the cost of doing business and are paid by consumers in the form of higher prices.

Forum List

Back